Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Canada5 said:

did anyone have their spouse file jointly as married for the 2020 tax year (and apply for an ITIN for the non-resident spouse) & did they get questioned about why the spouse filed jointly/why there wasn't a SSN on the line for the non-resident spouse (who needed to apply for the ITIN)? 

There were no questions about our 2019 MFJ/ITIN request return at our Oct 2020 interview.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
30 minutes ago, katcat29 said:

So on your 221(g) did they specify what they needed from you? 

I actually didn't get a 221(g), was approved at the interview, but the exact same thing of the 'Ready' status with last update on Oct 29...

I honestly feel the exact same way you do about being in a dark AP hole for months. I literally called it the immigration black hole yesterday as I cried about it for the 2nd time lol. 

Once I hit the 3 week mark, I will be sending another email to them, as well as potentially inquiring with my husband's state senator as @CanadianJeff did. He had a similar experience.

He didn’t ask for any additional documents just handed the 221(g) and said “in these types of cases, further background checks are required which usually gets resolved in 2-3 days then gave a speech about how long it takes the passport to be returned max 4 weeks”. Kept my passport. I was confused if this meant approval or not so I actually asked “so what should I tell by wife”? and he looked at me kind of startled and said “tell her you did great”. 🤦🏻‍♀️😂  I asked because I was confused if this meant approval or. You actually heard the words, I wouldn’t worry, maybe they just forget to check the boxes or whatever. I’ve been reading on here about issues with their computers recently and peoples medicals not getting through so maybe it’s some glitch? Hopefully that is the case and we will see a change soon but it’s only natural our minds goes straight to worst case scenarios. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, katcat29 said:

I don't appreciate you telling me not to worry. It is completely invalidating my feelings that I am well warranted to have. I am clearly not getting my passport back by the 3 week mark and so you telling me constantly that I will get it back very soon, is kind of rubbing me the wrong way. Who knows when I will get it back. I have been positive this whole journey which has now taken more than 2 years, only to be hit with this delay that hasn't seemed to happen really to anyone else who was straight away approved other than Katelynn who ended up receiving hers back within the 3 weeks. 

It's clear that the consulate loses sight of some cases as it has happened to CanadianJeff and I am 100% in my right to be worried about where one of my most important documents are. 

At the end of the day, it's good to be positive and to provide support in that way, but sometimes, I just want you to reflect on the fact that there is someone on the other end of this message that isn't doing well right now, and sometimes the message of oh it will come, is not helpful at all. 

Very sorry. I was only trying to console you because I genuinely think you will be OK. There were no signs that I could see that you would be in the boat of waiting several months in AP that you appear to be worried about. Didn’t mean to invalidate your feelings. I hope everything works out. Sorry again.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

14 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

He didn’t ask for any additional documents just handed the 221(g) and said “in these types of cases, further background checks are required which usually gets resolved in 2-3 days then gave a speech about how long it takes the passport to be returned max 4 weeks”. Kept my passport. I was confused if this meant approval or not so I actually asked “so what should I tell by wife”? and he looked at me kind of startled and said “tell her you did great”. 🤦🏻‍♀️😂  I asked because I was confused if this meant approval or. You actually heard the words, I wouldn’t worry, maybe they just forget to check the boxes or whatever. I’ve been reading on here about issues with their computers recently and peoples medicals not getting through so maybe it’s some glitch? Hopefully that is the case and we will see a change soon but it’s only natural our minds goes straight to worst case scenarios. 

Out of curiosity, did you interview at Window 1? I know the officers might change windows, but I'm trying to see if maybe it's the same person and he's terribly behind lol

25 minutes ago, katcat29 said:

I don't appreciate you telling me not to worry. It is completely invalidating my feelings that I am well warranted to have. I am clearly not getting my passport back by the 3 week mark and so you telling me constantly that I will get it back very soon, is kind of rubbing me the wrong way. Who knows when I will get it back. I have been positive this whole journey which has now taken more than 2 years, only to be hit with this delay that hasn't seemed to happen really to anyone else who was straight away approved other than Katelynn who ended up receiving hers back within the 3 weeks. 

It's clear that the consulate loses sight of some cases as it has happened to CanadianJeff and I am 100% in my right to be worried about where one of my most important documents are. 

At the end of the day, it's good to be positive and to provide support in that way, but sometimes, I just want you to reflect on the fact that there is someone on the other end of this message that isn't doing well right now, and sometimes the message of oh it will come, is not helpful at all. 

To be honest what has happened in ur case is very common. We may not have seen it much in the past two years because they don’t have many ppl being interviewed. It’s very possible a case was miss placed or skipped and not noticed. I’ve seen many ppl over the past 3 years inquiring about it and YouTube videos of lawyer saying this happens. This is prom reason why my husband and I hired an attorney. In the last batch of interview one person was skipped this is speed of government sadly and human errors do happen. Only advice I’d give is keep sending emails and if nothing come of if it do as Jeff did. I my self was worried every step of this journey my paper work would be skipped. 

9 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Very sorry. I was only trying to console you because I genuinely think you will be OK. There were no signs that I could see that you would be in the boat of waiting several months in AP that you appear to be worried about. Didn’t mean to invalidate your feelings. I hope everything works out. Sorry again.

Thank you - I appreciate it and the optimism. I truly hope that I am not waiting months, but with the consulate being so uncommunicative, it's hard for me to even see a glimmer when I have to chase them and just wait all the time.

This journey is not an easy one of any one of us, I really didn't think I would break at this point. 

Just now, Twiz&Toz said:

To be honest what has happened in ur case is very common. We may not have seen it much in the past two years because they don’t have many ppl being interviewed. It’s very possible a case was miss placed or skipped and not noticed. I’ve seen many ppl over the past 3 years inquiring about it and YouTube videos of lawyer saying this happens. This is prom reason why my husband and I hired an attorney. In the last batch of interview one person was skipped this is speed of government sadly and human errors do happen. Only advice I’d give is keep sending emails and if nothing come of if it do as Jeff did. I my self was worried every step of this journey my paper work would be skipped. 

It's good to know that it's been discussed on YouTube. I couldn't find anything online about anything similar at this wait time, so I appreciate you sharing that. 

My husband and I also hired an attorney to help us in our case, so I don't think it really matters whether you filed with one or without one. I contacted him and he had no advice for me but to wait and email... 

Timeline

Medical was a day late.

So waiting to hear when they want my passport mailed back/ if they need anything else( I assume not as that was the only thing I was missing)

1 hour ago, YYZ&MIA said:

I do have a denial of admission at the border /withdraw of application from 3 years ago where I was asked to withdraw admission for being suspected of not having enough ties to Canada when I was going to visit my wife. I ended up gathering documents to prove my ties and ended up getting admitted next time. I thought they will ask about that & I was willing to explain but to my surprises they did not. Anyone in the same situation? 

That being said, I don’t really understand what he meant by these “types” of cases. The fact that we met on Tinder or the previous denial/withdrawal of admission at the border? Was anyone else totally not asked about it? 

I also have a withdrawal of application from almost 3 years ago. The CO did ask me during my interview if I have ever been refused entry into the US, so I told him truthfully about that situation and he asked me why it happened, to which I replied that they never gave me a reason but I suspect it was because I didn't have a return ticket at the time and proof of ties to Canada. He just said OK. I was expecting to be put into AP for them to look into it, as it has happened to other members here. But I didn't expect to get the DS5535. 

It is odd that you weren't asked about it during your interview. Did you mention it on your DS-260? 

24 minutes ago, katcat29 said:

Thank you - I appreciate it and the optimism. I truly hope that I am not waiting months, but with the consulate being so uncommunicative, it's hard for me to even see a glimmer when I have to chase them and just wait all the time.

This journey is not an easy one of any one of us, I really didn't think I would break at this point. 

Since you were not asked to fill out DS5535, I don't think you will be waiting months. It's hard to tell though because like you said, the consulate cannot communicate properly at all. If more than a few weeks pass, I suggest you reach out to your state reps to inquire about your case/get an explanation for the delay. If they do send you DS5535 (I don't think they will because they would have told you), there's a separate thread here you can join. Bunch of us there right now living a similar nightmare. 

Edited by Danii

Timeline
14 minutes ago, DrJanko10 said:

I also have a withdrawal of application from almost 3 years ago. The CO did ask me during my interview if I have ever been refused entry into the US, so I told him truthfully about that situation and he asked me why it happened, to which I replied that they never gave me a reason but I suspect it was because I didn't have a return ticket at the time and proof of ties to Canada. He just said OK. I was expecting to be put into AP for them to look into it, as it has happened to other members here. But I didn't expect to get the DS5535. 

It is odd that you weren't asked about it during your interview. Did you mention it on your DS-260? 

Of course I mentioned it on the DS-260. I briefly mentioned it & was was ready to clarify the situation at the interview and provide more details but to my surprise he didn’t even ask about it…Based on what other members on here shared, I was prepared to be put into AP because of it but it makes me wonder how long this will take and how exactly they verify this issue. I’m sorry about the DS5535 🙁 it seems like it’s like the last card they have to play to stall and make this longer and harder for people.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Canada5 said:

Thanks so much! Did you just give them the 1040 or the W-7 form as well? 

The entire filing package, which included the w7 and assorted supplemental forms.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

33 minutes ago, Danii said:

Since you were not asked to fill out DS5535, I don't think you will be waiting months. It's hard to tell though because like you said, the consulate cannot communicate properly at all. If more than a few weeks pass, I suggest you reach out to your state reps to inquire about your case/get an explanation for the delay. If they do send you DS5535 (I don't think they will because they would have told you), there's a separate thread here you can join. Bunch of us there right now living a similar nightmare. 

Yes - I have my husband on standby for next week to contact his state rep. It basically just gets delayed essentially 2 weeks everytime I dont receive an update... because they send out tracking at the end of the week, so if you don't get it, then you won't receive your passport the following week, only to be waiting to see if you'll get it the third week after that. I'll be hitting the 1 month mark soon, and again that's without any 221(g) or DS 5535. 

I do feel for you guys, and hope that you're not waiting for 2 months + and receive the communication you rightly deserve. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.