Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, ConsistentCut said:

Something that others waiting for their interviews might want to know:

I was correct about interviews coming before end of August, but I was wrong about what happens on CEAC. My status still says "At NVC" whereas I thought it would change to transmitted a day or two prior to my interview coming. So checking CEAC after DQ apparently gives no benefit.

Once it leaves NVC it will say IN TRANSIT for a few days. Thats what happened with mine

Edited by ClemsonC
spelling

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Each case is different but I’ve got dq and a rfe for the same reason, during the interview I had my husband’s paycheques for the last 3 months and his letter of employment, they didn’t ask for anything and said I’m approved. Now waiting for my passport back

Sorry for not posting in the right group . But need help if anyone can guide me to the group or guide me in the process . Moved to USA in feb from Canada . My Canadian citizenship file was in process and recently got notified I m scheduled for oath ceremony. 
Would I  still be able to enter Canada as permanent resident ? Or the permanent resident status gets void once you are states green card holder . ? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ashtim said:

Sorry for not posting in the right group . But need help if anyone can guide me to the group or guide me in the process . Moved to USA in feb from Canada . My Canadian citizenship file was in process and recently got notified I m scheduled for oath ceremony. 
Would I  still be able to enter Canada as permanent resident ? Or the permanent resident status gets void once you are states green card holder . ? 

You can enter as a permanent resident as long as you have met the Canadian residency obligations, which is you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Rabid Squirrel said:

Thanks for the advice everyone. 

Received my letter (email) that my interview has been scheduled today (Aug 20).

DQ May 31, 2022 - Interview on Oct 12.

I know it is a long road, especially if you are separated from your family while you wait. 

Hang in there guys, it is coming. 

please complete your timeline at this link https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=429482

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
18 hours ago, JJ1008 said:

I'm dealing with a similar issue, I got the same FE case review notice about not meeting the income requirements, but I also got a message saying my documents have been accepted and I am documentarily qualified, along with an email stating they are going to schedule an interview. As I understand in the FE notice it says "The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview.", so I assume I could just bring joint sponsor documents to the interview? I would think they wouldn't DQ us if they needed new joint sponsor documents uploaded to CEAC, right? I hope so, anyway, should we just upload the joint sponsor docs to CEAC just encase or will that set us back for further review? 

If you have received the message that you are documentarily qualified, you are in the queue.  Any other documents you submit are for the sake of the interviewing consular officer.  And yes, do upload any documents you want the officer to see during the interview.  Your place in the queue will not be jeopardized.  If you get a FE case review notice about your weak income, get a joint sponsor if possible.  Make your case as strong as possible if you are serious about immigrating.

Timeline
1 hour ago, DavidCall said:

Congrats to all who got IL recently. My case has been DQ'd since June 6 and I have not received any IL yet. I see that people in late June have got interview letters already. Anyone has any comments about this? I read that its usually first in first out, so don't understand how my case was skipped for IL

Are you married to US citizen?

Timeline
2 hours ago, DavidCall said:

Yes.. originally my case was qualified on May 5, 2022 for Islamabad consulate. But I got switched to Montreal consulate and got a DQ again for Montreal case ID on June 6, 2022

Does your nvc portal say montreal in top right?

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/6/2022 at 6:14 PM, A.Jon.Satko said:

I applied in April, got sent the DS5535 form, went into the black hole as everyone else. Requested my passport back. Got it a few days later.

Yesterday I got an e-mail asking for my passport. So I guess I have been approved.

Any idea how soon after they get my passport will I get it back with the stamp?

Did you hear back yet on your visa?  I sent my passport back and it arrived yesterday per my tracking #  But no CEAC date change yet and wondering how long it takes to go from offsite mailing facility to the consulate.  Have you got any updates ? Was wondering what to expect.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Bog-can, here's the DS5535 thread 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Back in 2020 when we first filed our 130 my wife was staying with me temporarily here in Canada. We consulted a lawyer around the time she became a permanent resident of Canada last year on how to fill out our I864 and the whole domicile question. He said "The US doesn't care that your wife is a permanent resident of Canada. They only care that she has a domicile in the US." So we put country of domicile as US, and have maintained her bank accounts, her car registration and so on for that address, as proof. Her dad is co-sponsor, same address. However, she has been living here as a PR for a year now. This has always been super confusing to me and I never really understood it. I checked the Sticky for this and there isn't any information about what to do if you fill out your 864 one way and then your residence changes in the interim. How do I answer when they ask me where she lives? I was just going to say she mostly lives in Canada with me but maintains a US address. What do I say if they ask her what her rent is? Her parents don't and never have charged her rent.

Someone please help. Now that my interview is coming up I'm freaking out!:jest:

Edited by ConsistentCut

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.