Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Twiz&Toz said:

Approved !!!! 

Yay!!! Congratulations.

And also happy to hear some good news today after the refusals this morning.

I got approved. Lots of people there in the waiting area. Around 40.   Lots of waiting to submit documents. They asked me for birth certificate, police cerf, husband 1040, and marriage certificate. Once I submitted those documents I had to go sit down and wait another hour for interview. Interview was quick. She was very pleasant. Asked me to tell me how and when we met, where he lives, what he does. And said I was approved. I heard some people get refused due to not having original documents and one lady couldn't remember her marriage date but the guy was super nice to her and said he understood she was nervous lol. Overall it's the waiting

Timeline
1 hour ago, Twiz&Toz said:

Approved !!!! 

Congratulations!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
12 minutes ago, zor435 said:

I got approved. Lots of people there in the waiting area. Around 40.   Lots of waiting to submit documents. They asked me for birth certificate, police cerf, husband 1040, and marriage certificate. Once I submitted those documents I had to go sit down and wait another hour for interview. Interview was quick. She was very pleasant. Asked me to tell me how and when we met, where he lives, what he does. And said I was approved. I heard some people get refused due to not having original documents and one lady couldn't remember her marriage date but the guy was super nice to her and said he understood she was nervous lol. Overall it's the waiting

Congratulations! 

Awwww poor lady who couldn’t remember her marriage date. Did she get approved in the end?

Hi everyone,

I have been a long time viewer of this thread, just recently joined because I have a question and am hoping someone has some advice.

I did my IR1 interview in Montreal on Monday October 25. I was approved at the interview. Since then, I've been checking the CEAC  tracker, and it has only ever said 'Ready'. The case also has not been touched in over a week, since October 29, 2021.

Over the weekend, I sent an email to the Consulate (even though I know they probably won't get back to me, or just tell me to check the tracker). 

Has this ever happened to anyone? I know they say you have to wait 2-3 weeks for your passport back, but it is so absolutely discouraging to see people who interviewed a full week after you, get their passports already, and my status hasn't even changed once! Really hoping to hear positive advice... Thank you!

image.png.539059dd883bbca6056d0c817d172928.png

Timeline

I was approved today! I hope…It was very busy but I got in at 8am and left at 10am. 

The lady interviewing me said that I was approved, however the system was slow and not updating the last screen for the security /criminal check?? She said if I have nothing in my history then all is good. I’m clean so hopefully it updates quickly. She kept my passport and the petitioners tax document and said the passport will be mailed once it clears. 

this is my status as of now. 

40350FA4-120B-48FE-9CB5-41F08D480AD3.jpeg

22063A3D-D024-4CCE-9EA2-8B0E338D23C9.jpeg

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

I was approved today! I hope…It was very busy but I got in at 8am and left at 10am. 

The lady interviewing me said that I was approved, however the system was slow and not updating the last screen for the security /criminal check?? She said if I have nothing in my history then all is good. I’m clean so hopefully it updates quickly. She kept my passport and the petitioners tax document and said the passport will be mailed once it clears. 

this is my status as of now. 

40350FA4-120B-48FE-9CB5-41F08D480AD3.jpeg

22063A3D-D024-4CCE-9EA2-8B0E338D23C9.jpeg

Congratulations! You appear to be ahead as it is already Issued.

Also interesting how the security/ criminal check is the last screen. I am guessing this is where the computer would flag some folks and a 221G with DS-5535 is issued. Looks like it’s purely decided by the computer.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
3 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Congratulations! You appear to be ahead as it is already Issued.

Also interesting how the security/ criminal check is the last screen. I am guessing this is where the computer would flag some folks and a 221G with DS-5535. Looks like it’s purely decided by the computer.

Weird part is when I was handing over my documents before the actual interview, my medicals weren’t uploading and the lady had to go to another computer to get it. 

Hopefully it doesn’t take to long for the AP and I get the final approval. 

29 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

Weird part is when I was handing over my documents before the actual interview, my medicals weren’t uploading and the lady had to go to another computer to get it. 

Hopefully it doesn’t take to long for the AP and I get the final approval. 

I’m issued already too... dr office said the systems were glitched they had to fax mine in 

Things I noticed today was a lot of ppl were missing docs showed up with backpacks. Also noticed a lot of ppl didn’t have there medicals in on time. I over preped just in case brought all my requested paperwork plus some. I also made sure to have all my originals and all original tax docs from 2019 and 2020 just case. This did save me in the end as they want to see them. I also brought proof of continued relationship so chat logs flight tickets ect. I wasn’t asked for them but you never know. I was asked the normal questions as everyone else I was asked if we had any kids and let them know we just had cats since they are our kids. I also brought copy of my husbands stuff eg birth certificate passport ect. I went a little ham but didn’t want to miss anything. My husband waited outside for me the whole time I’m not sure who was more nervous me or him lol. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.