Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/28/2022 at 2:02 PM, mam521 said:

@DGF are you still looking after the FAQ's?  

Just an update for those of you with NEXUS cards. 

• Canadian NEXUS offices remain closed with covid excuses on the doors. 
  • US NEXUS offices are open. 
  • The GOES portal is basically locked down for updates

I went to the NEXUS office in WA last week.  The very lovely lady there told me that the GOES system has been locked down since COVID, so if you've submitted them online, nothing has been done with them and no verification of documentation has been done.  She was able to verify and update our greencards AND the new passports Kid2 received during covid.  

I had sent an inquiry to CBP about these updates and, of course, they took over a month to update me.  But, they reiterated what the lovely lady at the WA NEXUS Center told me:  

• NAME CHANGE: Please reply to this message with a color image of your passport reflecting the name change. (cbpinfocenter@cbp.dhs.gov)
  • CITIZENSHIP OR IMMIGRATION STATUS CHANGE: Please reply to this message with images of your new passport or Permanent Resident Card (I-551). For U.S. Permanent Resident cards, please provide images of the front and back of the card.
  • DOB or GENDER UPDATES/CORRECTIONS: Please reply to this message with a color image of your passport reflecting the correct date of birth and/or gender.
  • ADD or UPDATE VISA: Please reply to this message with a color image of the new visa.

Once we receive your attachment, we will escalate this case to request the name update. Escalation processing times are currently 3-4 weeks.

The lady at the NEXUS Enrollment Center said to keep the scans to the EXACT size of the document (don't resize) and as close to original as possible so they can verify. 

So, that might be helpful for those of you who depend on Global Entry expedites to get into the US (NEXUS lineups seem to be more easily mastered).  I know I have ZERO desire to get stuck in a long lineup coming into the US when I have paid for an expedited traveler option!  

I am, haven't seen anything that needed to be added lately though, but I will add this! 

Another data point, I submitted my NEXUS renewal back in late 2021 and it was recently approved with no interview. They also added my green card to it when they renewed it without me having to do anything. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline

thought I’d ask this here to see if anyones gone through something similar on their journey of being DQ. My ir1 was DQ last month but  for our ir2 we received an FE for marriage certificate. We sent it in 6 weeks ago. It was the only thing they needed and everything else was accepted; including a signed letter stating that 2021 taxes were not done yet as we had an extension since living abroad. We do have a joint sponsor who provided everything for all years, that was accepted. 

My question is, since all the other documents have been approved and they only sent the FE for the marriage certificate (which was sent in), should I include the 2021 tax transcript for my husband now that it came back? Or will it reset the clock for an FE review ? 
Do you think they may still ask for it and I’ll get another FE?

Or do you think since I have a joint sponsor who is in the US and all her stuff was accepted, that we will be ok… and then just bring my husbands 2021 tax transcript to the interview?

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline

My husband completed his interview this morning and was approved!

Only asked for his birth certificate, marriage certificate, 2021 tax transcript (this was not uploaded online as we completed our document approval for the year before). 

Questions asked:

Who is the petitioner?

When did you get married?

Describe your wedding?

What does your wife do?

Confirm addresses.

Said it took maybe 30 minutes total. 

Finally glad it's almost almost over!

@Hawk Riders

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/30/2022 at 1:08 PM, DGF said:

I am, haven't seen anything that needed to be added lately though, but I will add this! 

Another data point, I submitted my NEXUS renewal back in late 2021 and it was recently approved with no interview. They also added my green card to it when they renewed it without me having to do anything. 

I applied for renewal before I had my GC and it too, was approved without an interview.  

I was able to add the kids' GC's to their GOES accounts when I submitted their renewals but the lovely lady in WA said they hadn't been verified.  Their renewals are still pending.  Hopefully the updated information in the system just triggers to renewed!  

1 hour ago, ClemsonC said:

thought I’d ask this here to see if anyones gone through something similar on their journey of being DQ. My ir1 was DQ last month but  for our ir2 we received an FE for marriage certificate. We sent it in 6 weeks ago. It was the only thing they needed and everything else was accepted; including a signed letter stating that 2021 taxes were not done yet as we had an extension since living abroad. We do have a joint sponsor who provided everything for all years, that was accepted. 

My question is, since all the other documents have been approved and they only sent the FE for the marriage certificate (which was sent in), should I include the 2021 tax transcript for my husband now that it came back? Or will it reset the clock for an FE review ? 
Do you think they may still ask for it and I’ll get another FE?

Or do you think since I have a joint sponsor who is in the US and all her stuff was accepted, that we will be ok… and then just bring my husbands 2021 tax transcript to the interview?

The RFE pertains only to the documentation they requested. You're probably close to review on it.  

I'd probably wait until the RFE is approved, then upload the new tax information and take copies to the interview.  It shouldn't cause any issues in the system, but no one wants to risk it when you're that close to both cases being DQ'd.  Many times people submit updated tax information and it's most relevant when you're interviewing because that's when you'll be moving - it reflects the financial situation at the time.  Lots of people have their financial fortunes improve and can demonstrate that for the interview.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
4 hours ago, mam521 said:

I applied for renewal before I had my GC and it too, was approved without an interview.  

I was able to add the kids' GC's to their GOES accounts when I submitted their renewals but the lovely lady in WA said they hadn't been verified.  Their renewals are still pending.  Hopefully the updated information in the system just triggers to renewed!  

The RFE pertains only to the documentation they requested. You're probably close to review on it.  

I'd probably wait until the RFE is approved, then upload the new tax information and take copies to the interview.  It shouldn't cause any issues in the system, but no one wants to risk it when you're that close to both cases being DQ'd.  Many times people submit updated tax information and it's most relevant when you're interviewing because that's when you'll be moving - it reflects the financial situation at the time.  Lots of people have their financial fortunes improve and can demonstrate that for the interview.  

Thank you for your help! I will do that! 

5 hours ago, Booey_US_CA said:

Only asked for his birth certificate, marriage certificate, 2021 tax transcript (this was not uploaded online as we completed our document approval for the year before). 

Questions asked:

Who is the petitioner?

Describe your wedding?

What does your wife do?

Confirm addresses.

@Hawk Riders

Congratulations!!! Super happy for you guys!!!

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
9 hours ago, Booey_US_CA said:

Questions asked:

Who is the petitioner?

Describe your wedding?

What does your wife do?

Confirm addresses.

@Hawk Riders

Congratulations! I had my interview this morning as well and I was approved too! So happy for all of us!! 🎉🥳

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pow123 said:

@Dawgydawgworld @Booey_US_CA Congratulations. Can you kindly share when you receive the passport tracking/courier information? I was approved on Friday and CEAC has been showing Issued (final processing) since the day of the interview but I have not received tracking information yet. 

Thank you! Yes I will for sure. Mine already says Issued - Final processing as well! Will update when I get tracking info!

Timeline
On 7/28/2022 at 6:06 PM, ToddD said:

My wife's application has been pending for months now. Not even to the interview stage, but good to know the US offices are open when it finally gets the conditional approval. 

mine was pending as well and I called asking why and they said that it's taking a longer time than usual and the next day it was conditionally approved ! 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ctr said:

I got DQ's recently but I don't have records of my vaccinations from my country of origin. I'm based in Ontario and have OHIP. Can I get a test to determine which vaccines I have or is there anywhere I can go to get these vaccines administered? Thanks!

Yes you can get a Titre test done to see which vaccines you will need. Visit the vaccine requirement page to find out which ones are needed for your age group. Hep B has been recently added as a required vaccine. I got the titre test done and got my vaccines updated according to the lab test, and also added the TwinRix vaccine (combo Hep A & B) done prior to my medical. I went to Dr. Lee in Scarborough and he was more than happy that I had them all done, including the Hep B. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.