Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mam521 said:

@DGF are you still looking after the FAQ's?  

Just an update for those of you with NEXUS cards. 

Canadian NEXUS offices remain closed with covid excuses on the doors.  The US NEXUS offices are open.  

My wife's application has been pending for months now. Not even to the interview stage, but good to know the US offices are open when it finally gets the conditional approval. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ToddD said:

That's great clarification. Thank you!! No need to delay finding work then. ;)

Nope, not at all.  Legally entitled to work in the US! 

4 minutes ago, ToddD said:

My wife's application has been pending for months now. Not even to the interview stage, but good to know the US offices are open when it finally gets the conditional approval. 

The WA office had a steady stream of interviews going on.  The lovely lady there took a bit of pity on me because we live in TX and were in WA because (long and short) there were no rental cars in BC or AB.  She could understand the conundrum we were in being stuck at the southern border and no end in sight to the offices opening.  My renewal application was approved with no interview during covid, but Kid1 and Kid2's renewals are pending.  Hopefully with the passports and greencards verified on record, that will bump them to approved without interview.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

Still have a bit of time until we realistically have to worry about my medical exam, but does anyone have a working website/price guide for the doctor in Montreal?

The link on the US gov website doesn't really work for me. Just looking to ease some anxiety and set aside some cash for that. 

Timeline

And another thing that is bothering me at 1230am and preventing my sleep... 

1. Do I need my husbands/his parents original birth certificates for the interview? 

2. Is my fingerprinting police check valid if it was done August 5 2021 and it will likely be Fall 2022 when I do my interview? 

Screenshot_20220729-003718_Drive.jpg

1 hour ago, kkeys said:

Still have a bit of time until we realistically have to worry about my medical exam, but does anyone have a working website/price guide for the doctor in Montreal?

The link on the US gov website doesn't really work for me. Just looking to ease some anxiety and set aside some cash for that. 

On my search, Doctors in Montreal are most expensive. It’s cad 475 plus tax ~ $550. Good thing is their office personal behaviour is welcoming and good experience overall. Another good thing is if any vaccine is missing they will give you on spot and it’s not a deal breaker. Make sure you have all you vaccines, hepatitis b is new requirement now for age upto 59 years. When I called dr Cheema office they were not aware of it. On $$ side dr Cheema at surrey is best with $ 310 overall cost. Upto your convenience and budget to decide! 

Timeline

So for the interview, if my pictures submitted (for my gc) we’re taken 6 months ago, do I have to retake them? Just want to make sure. 
also, when/if I submit my newly taken photos, does this put me in AP automatically so they can review? Or ..? Super curious because my husband and I had plans to

travel to Europe on the 19th of sept and I doubt I’ll have my passport before then. 
I also think I need to update one of the forms (forgot the name of which one) because it doesn’t have my husbands current tax year info.

essentially if I didn’t have a Review note in March all of my docs would be good but I’m wondering if some of it is no longer “current” bc of the review and dq in May.. 

Timeline

I've been saying I would go to Montreal since it's closer (I'm in NS) and I have a friend in Ottawa I was going to visit on the same trip. BC would definitely be much more expensive I feel after flights... I wonder pricing in Ontario. 

I have my Hep B shot from grade school here, but not my Hep A, which according to the CDC is a needed vaccine so I'm hoping my doctor can do it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
52 minutes ago, kkeys said:

I've been saying I would go to Montreal since it's closer (I'm in NS) and I have a friend in Ottawa I was going to visit on the same trip. BC would definitely be much more expensive I feel after flights... I wonder pricing in Ontario. 

I have my Hep B shot from grade school here, but not my Hep A, which according to the CDC is a needed vaccine so I'm hoping my doctor can do it. 

Look at Toronto in addition to Montreal when the time comes.  In more recent times, Montreal is very backed up for appointments and people are having more timely success in Toronto .  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
21 hours ago, ToddD said:

Once issued, our visa arrived in 2 business days to the Vancouver Canada Post Office. We didn't see the need for premium delivery. 

When was your interview? Did you need any additional forms for was it approved at the interview?

Timeline
47 minutes ago, roshakky said:

When was your interview? Did you need any additional forms for was it approved at the interview?

Wife's interview was June 10. Unfortunately, the agent asked for my original divorce certificate, which she didn't have and wasn't in the main list of things for her to bring. They kept her passport and I had to mail it to MTL the following week and she didn't get the visa issued until July 22nd. There were no updates given until it was issued. All I knew was someone signed for it at the address provided in MTL.  

Timeline
10 hours ago, kkeys said:

Im coming in from NS too!  I didn't know about Hep A, Im going to have to look into that. I don't have my childhood immunizations so my dr did a titer test on me. Im good to go on everything except hep b immunity was low, so I had to get a booster at Shoppers Drug Mart and the pharmacy did it. I kept the paper the pharmacist gave me as proof. 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

On 7/29/2022 at 7:38 AM, kkeys said:

16 hours ago, ClemsonC said:

I didn't know about Hep A, Im going to have to look into that.

Hep A vaccination is only required for child applicants (12 months to 18 years old).

Official list of required vaccinations by visa applicant age here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Hep A vaccination is only required for child applicants (12 months to 18 years old).

Official list of required vaccinations by visa applicant age here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html

I was using this website for the info 

Timeline
On 7/28/2022 at 9:31 PM, Mmk2112 said:

Anyone else can shed some light. Is premium delivery worth it ? If it even makes a difference of one day it’s valuable for me cause I want to fly to US as soon as I have my passport back .. 

This is covered in the FAQ. The only difference is premium delivery is to your door instead of to a canada post location, no difference in speed. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.