Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, QCCT said:

Sending courage to you as well. 🙌🏼 Nothing here today. Anything on your end?

Nope! Still sitting on “ready” at the consulate. I keep obsessively checking my email throughout the day these days 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
35 minutes ago, QCCT said:

Ha ha! Same here. Unfortunately not saying ready for us.. still keeping fingers crossed though. 🤞🏻

I just heard back from the consulate. They won’t schedule my interview for my ir1 until my daughters ir2 has been DQ (had to submit an FE at the end of June). 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
On 7/19/2022 at 1:38 PM, ClemsonC said:

So eager to see the next batch of ILs. 
My case changed to “Ready” last Tuesday and still no IL.  Crossing my fingers it’s this next round of letters sent out from the consulate 

I’m waiting too! DQ’d May 20th. My status didn’t change yet so I’m concerned about that… please update this thread when you do get an IL 🙏🏼

4 hours ago, ClemsonC said:

I just heard back from the consulate. They won’t schedule my interview for my ir1 until my daughters ir2 has been DQ (had to submit an FE at the end of June). 

Ugh just saw this. Im sorry! 

Timeline

Today (7/21/2022) we received our shipping notification today from the MTL Consulate and the tracking number from Canada Post. We are assuming the passport will arrive by Wednesday next week at the latest... assuming it actually ships-out on Friday. Excited that it's nearly over!!  @Hawk Riders for tracking. I'll let you know when the passport actually arrives, but the visa is issued and no longer in admin processing!

On 7/20/2022 at 8:05 PM, Kellykms said:

I’m waiting too! DQ’d May 20th. My status didn’t change yet so I’m concerned about that… please update this thread when you do get an IL 🙏🏼

Ugh just saw this. Im sorry! 

I'm DQ may 23th also waiting for IL. I will update here if received anything in next week or so. Could you please also do the same

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mmk2112 said:

I'm DQ may 23th also waiting for IL. I will update here if received anything in next week or so. Could you please also do the same

I definitely will. Do you think it will be next week at this point? 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Mmk2112 said:

Looking at recent past cases it should have been this week. But let's see what comes next week..

That’s what I figured too. I’m not too sure if it’s too late in the day already, but maybe today…?

10 minutes ago, QCCT said:

I think we are looking at next week at this point... :( 

Will keep everyone posted as well. Good luck

thank you all.. good luck

13 minutes ago, Kellykms said:

That’s what I figured too. I’m not too sure if it’s too late in the day already, but maybe today…?

yes may be lets see.. good luck 

Timeline
21 hours ago, ToddD said:

Today (7/21/2022) we received our shipping notification today from the MTL Consulate and the tracking number from Canada Post. We are assuming the passport will arrive by Wednesday next week at the latest... assuming it actually ships-out on Friday. Excited that it's nearly over!!  @Hawk Riders for tracking. I'll let you know when the passport actually arrives, but the visa is issued and no longer in admin processing!

Passport arrived today in Vancouver!! Wow! Overnight delivery. Who knew... she didn't need the temp passport afterall, but it got her down here for the weekend. @Hawk Riders the passport has now been delivered, so we're done. Next step is to move down and declare at the border office. :) 

Does someone have a recommendation or what to say exactly when crossing the border for the first time with her CR1 Visa? Does she say something like "I am a new perm resident and crossing the border for the first time with my new visa."  What happens next? 

Edited by ToddD

Timeline
4 hours ago, ToddD said:

Does someone have a recommendation or what to say exactly when crossing the border for the first time with her CR1 Visa? Does she say something like "I am a new perm resident and crossing the border for the first time with my new visa."  What happens next? 

You probably won't have to say very much.  When you cross for the first time, they may ask if you are "bringing your packet," or some other way of asking if you want to activate your visa.  You can tell them you are just visiting now, but will cross later to officially immigrate.  Or you can do it immediately.  Keep in mind that for tax purposes, both Canadian and American, you officially become a US resident the day you activate your visa at the border.  Any Canadian real estate transactions become more complicated and expensive after that date, and you lose Canadian health coverage on that date.

Timeline
On 7/22/2022 at 1:40 PM, QCCT said:

I think we are looking at next week at this point... :( 

Will keep everyone posted as well. Good luck

Got my interview this morning… September 9. 6.5 weeks away. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.