Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Very happy and excited to read about all the approvals in the past couple of days.

Congratulations, and best wishes for your married life…

13 hours ago, CanadianJeff said:

Long time watcher but rare poster here.

I had been waiting for 1 month since my interview with no apparent movement on my case. The interview had gone well at the beginning of October and the officer had stated she intended to approve my visa. The following day I received an email that my medical had not been received and I was being placed on 221(g). The day after this I was informed by my doctors office that all medical results were now at the consulate. I watched as multiple people that interviewed the same day, who also had their medical results show up at least 1-2 days after their interview, received their approvals and received their passports with visas. While I was happy for them, I was anxious that my case had not been updated. Emails to the consulate received the standard "we are continuing to work on your application", "the process takes time", and "we are sorry for the frustration."

Yesterday my wife wrote our state senator's office with concerns that there seemed to be no progress and no explanation regarding the ongoing delays. Yesterday the senator's office wrote back stating they would engage with the consulate to enquire what was happening. I expected to received another generic "we are continuing to work on your application", "the process takes time", and "we are sorry for the frustration." Much to my surprise, today my status has change from Rejected to Issued AP! No email was sent to me updating the status change, I had to check CEAC website for the status update. Hopefully this means I will be receiving my visa and passport sometime next week (I know, there are no guarantees).

I wanted to post this to let people know that having their sponsor reach out to their senator's office may be helpful if there seems to be an unexpected delay in the process. It may just be chance that the senator's office email lined up with the timing of the visa application being approved, but it's quite possible the enquiry from the senator's office was enough to raise attention to some issue and helped move things forward.

198816403_ScreenShot2021-11-05at3_53_50PM.thumb.png.a75bab98edda54116c430b2c9b5245bc.png

Congratulations! Out of curiosity, how long did it take them to reply to your emails?

Timeline

Hey everyone! I hope you all are well!

I entered the US POE with CR1 2 weeks ago and stil havent received my SSN. I selected Yes onDS 260 Does anyone know if it is safe to just apply directly with my local social security office? 

Unfortunately as a nurse, I need my social to get licensed and therefore cant start work until I get it.

Thanks

Mel

Timeline

Good morning, Everyone.

It's getting to that time of the month again... Good luck to March/ April/ May/ June DQs. Hope we receive ILs this week!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Hi there! My wife and I are currently living in Canada and have submitted our Form I-130. I stumbled upon this thread in my research on here and my question is: can we join your community? haha

We both understand that the wait times are long, and it would be a great boost to our sanity/mental health to be a part of a group going through the same thing. We are happy to share our timeline details, as I also heard there is a spreadsheet used to track/estimate times?

Anyways, looking forward to hopefully chatting more with you all! :D

Welcome! Love your username.

The discussion here is around the process from DQ and beyond. It maybe several months before you get there. But please feel free to stick around.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

Hey everyone! I hope you all are well!

I entered the US POE with CR1 2 weeks ago and stil havent received my SSN. I selected Yes onDS 260 Does anyone know if it is safe to just apply directly with my local social security office? 

Unfortunately as a nurse, I need my social to get licensed and therefore cant start work until I get it.

Thanks

Mel

Did you apply for your license?  You can do that much and write your licensure exam at the very least while you're waiting.  I'd probably try and book an appointment with the local SSA office though.  Most people, if they're getting them, seem to do so within 10 or so business days. 

29 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Hi there! My wife and I are currently living in Canada and have submitted our Form I-130. I stumbled upon this thread in my research on here and my question is: can we join your community? haha

We both understand that the wait times are long, and it would be a great boost to our sanity/mental health to be a part of a group going through the same thing. We are happy to share our timeline details, as I also heard there is a spreadsheet used to track/estimate times?

Anyways, looking forward to hopefully chatting more with you all! :D

Welcome!  The link to the spreadsheet is in my signature.  If your timeline is correctly filled out, @Hawk Riders can add you.  There's also a FAQ linked in my siggy that will give you some ideas about questions that are asked repeatedly.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
42 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Good morning, Everyone.

It's getting to that time of the month again... Good luck to March/ April/ May/ June DQs. Hope we receive ILs this week!

Can they make it till Jun 30 :P Let's see. Good luck to you too. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

Can they make it till Jun 30 :P Let's see. Good luck to you too. 

We saw miracles in the last two rounds so it’s not outside the realm of possibility!

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
Just now, From_CAN_2_US said:

We saw miracles in the last two rounds so it’s not outside the realm of possibility! Good luck!

Yeah I agree. Thanks. I would assume they will release the IL next Monday?

Timeline
Just now, alphabetagamma said:

Yeah I agree. Thanks. I would assume they will release the IL next Monday?

Yeah it’s likely this Wednesday, Friday or next Monday, I think.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Did you apply for your license?  You can do that much and write your licensure exam at the very least while you're waiting.  I'd probably try and book an appointment with the local SSA office though.  Most people, if they're getting them, seem to do so within 10 or so business days. 

I did the application but the FL board of nursing cant complete it without a SSN number and fingerprinting biometrics (Which also require SSN to be done).  My exam was done in Ontario so they accept it here as US and Canada both do the NCLEX. 

I am going to give it until tomorrow which marks exactly 2 weeks since entry. If I don't receive anything, Wednesday I will call and make an appointment with SSA. My main concern was if I would be complicating things by physically going into the office to apply.

Thanks!

Mel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

I did the application but the FL board of nursing cant complete it without a SSN number and fingerprinting biometrics (Which also require SSN to be done).  My exam was done in Ontario so they accept it here as US and Canada both do the NCLEX. 

I am going to give it until tomorrow which marks exactly 2 weeks since entry. If I don't receive anything, Wednesday I will call and make an appointment with SSA. My main concern was if I would be complicating things by physically going into the office to apply.

Thanks!

Mel

Says here you can write the exam, but they just can't issue the license.  

https://floridasnursing.gov/help-center/am-i-required-to-have-a-us-social-security-number-to-obtain-a-florida-nursing-license/

Sorry, didn't read that Ont is a transferable exam.  

Do you have Informed Delivery set up for mail?

Edited by mam521

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.