Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, LukeandMegan said:

I have organized all the stuff for my husband’s interview next week.  Does this accordion folder look too big?   I have attached a picture with a regular folder for size.  Thanks!   It is a plastic accordion folder.  

image.jpg

Nope, does not look big. Looks well prepared. Make sure you have to things tagged and know exactly where everything is for quick retrieval when asked. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, krzz said:

My mum got IL today and interview is scheduled for 1st of June.

Still waiting for dad to be DQ-ed - anyone have suggestions as to how I can speed up dads review?

You can submit an expedite request and include the interview date for your mother.  Expect nothing and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised and they'll actually grant the expedite for a change.  

If their cases are quasi linked, you may get another interview letter within about 24-36 hours.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

so a funny thing happened on the way to the forum today...

Canadian Hawk Rider received a jury summons!

Citizenship is still a couple years

out, so he's not eligible. Remember that folks: green card ain't good enough, just like voting in the US--must be citizen to participate ;)

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, mam521 said:

You can submit an expedite request and include the interview date for your mother.  Expect nothing and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised and they'll actually grant the expedite for a change.  

If their cases are quasi linked, you may get another interview letter within about 24-36 hours.  

so yesterday, after the whole day of waiting on the phone, finally connected with someone at NVC and they guided me how to draft the email etc. Keeping fingers crossed that things are expedited for dad. They seemed to think I had a valid reason to request the expedite. lets see!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, annierob said:

Hello everyone...I am finally able to celebrate after waiting over 2 years!!! Just received my green card in the mail 🥳

• I-130 sent: Feb 2020
  • I-130 approved: June 2020
  • DQ: Oct 20, 2020
  • Interview: Oct 6, 2021 (yes, you read that correctly: almost 1 whole year from DQ)
  • Crossed over Feb 19, 2022 (the day after our second year anniversary so I can get an IR1)
  • SSN received: Feb 28, 2022 (10 regular days after crossing)
  • Green Card received: May 3, 2022 (73 regular days after crossing)

If you look at the spreadsheet, I have the longest timeline compared to everyone. Call that bad timing with the start and height of the pandemic. If my DQ to interview took 351 days, trust me, you all can do it too 💪

Thank you to everyone in this group, especially @Hawk Riders. And good luck to everyone! You've got this.

Yes, the wait to interview was brutal for those September/ October 2020 DQs….

Good to hear from you, and congratulations! 😄 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, MiloPinkman said:

Whats the interview appointment letter that I need to bring? The email they sent me? Just print and bring it?

yes. 

have you had luck with registering the interview? I keep getting a message to try later. :S

8 hours ago, krzz said:

yes. 

have you had luck with registering the interview? I keep getting a message to try later. :S

I was able to register. But does anyone understand the difference b/w the standard and premium delivery service if you are picking up at courier office? Is it just having more options for the physical location you pick up at or is it faster?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, JSmith15 said:

I was able to register. But does anyone understand the difference b/w the standard and premium delivery service if you are picking up at courier office? Is it just having more options for the physical location you pick up at or is it faster?

The premium delivery is just for it to arrive at your home address. If you don’t select premium you have to pick it up from a certain canada post location. Premium is not any faster than standard.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Budzmaroo said:

Just to add.. I wasn’t handed any welcome to the united states paper. I just thought of it while I was walking back to my hotel. Anyways, he said I was approved to in holding on to that 😂

Congratulations!

I didn’t get that at the interview either, but they sent it with my passport lol 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Congratulations!

I didn’t get that at the interview either, but they sent it with my passport lol 

Thank you!!

Well they might send it to me along with my passport 😂 I even doubted if he really approved me. I thought.. so, I am not welcome to the US then?? 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.