Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

This question is on the wrong thread.

No, you don’t have to have it opened. You could let the CO know when you interview, but in all likelihood, they won’t care.

Nonetheless, carry a copy of your submitted DS 260 marked up with any updates during the interview and inform the CO.

Thank you so much! My anxiety is over the roof now as my interview will be next week. I feel like I still have a lot of things to do and I don’t know now what needs to be updated or what not. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Budzmaroo said:

Thank you so much! My anxiety is over the roof now as my interview will be next week. I feel like I still have a lot of things to do and I don’t know now what needs to be updated or what not. 

Understandable… best to over prepare. You are going to do great though.

Good luck!

Hi all,

My wife's interview was on Jan 12th and received the stamped passport by Jan 18th. We crossed on Feb 6th via Ambassador's Bridge. She was processed and the address was confirmed.

We're coming up to 3 months since entry and have not received the SSN or Green Card in the mail -- could be because she previously had an SSN? We had been traveling until recently, so did not have a lot of time to follow-up but I'll call my local SSA office on Monday.

Also, how exactly can I check the Green Card status on USCIS? When I put in the receipt # for my I-130 case, it says it's closed (of course). Can someone please provide the steps to check through USCIS?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/30/2022 at 8:03 AM, Temp_Xyz said:

Hi all,

My wife's interview was on Jan 12th and received the stamped passport by Jan 18th. We crossed on Feb 6th via Ambassador's Bridge. She was processed and the address was confirmed.

We're coming up to 3 months since entry and have not received the SSN or Green Card in the mail -- could be because she previously had an SSN? We had been traveling until recently, so did not have a lot of time to follow-up but I'll call my local SSA office on Monday.

Also, how exactly can I check the Green Card status on USCIS? When I put in the receipt # for my I-130 case, it says it's closed (of course). Can someone please provide the steps to check through USCIS?

SSN's are issued for life, so she won't be issued a new one. If she previously had a restricted SSN card, she should be able to get an unrestricted one, though this might have no practical effect outside of meeting the verification needs of employers, though an endorsed IV should be proof of employment on its own. The SSN is valid regardless.

It hasn't been 90 days since Feb 6th, so USCIS have a bit longer. After May 7th, you can raise a case inquiry to give them a nudge. It took around 5 months for mine to show up, USCIS only took action after I raised the second inquiry. Did you pay the Immigrant Fee? You should have received a receipt number from that, you use that to check the status of the green card.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

28 minutes ago, Kai G. Llewellyn said:

SSN's are issued for life, so she won't be issued a new one. If she previously had a restricted SSN card, she should be able to get an unrestricted one, though this might have no practical effect outside of meeting the verification needs of employers, though an endorsed IV should be proof of employment on its own. The SSN is valid regardless.

It hasn't been 90 days since Feb 6th, so USCIS have a bit longer. After May 7th, you can raise a case inquiry to give them a nudge. It took around 5 months for mine to show up, USCIS only took action after I raised the second inquiry. Did you pay the Immigrant Fee? You should have received a receipt number from that, you use that to check the status of the green card.

Thank you for the reply!

I paid AOS (120) and IV (325) on Feb 9th, 2021. When I go to the Payment Receipts page on NVC portal, I see the transaction ID for both payments but not necessarily a Receipt #.

Few questions:

1. How do I find out the receipt #?

2. Once I have that, do I go here to check the status -- https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do?

3. Is this (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do) the link I follow and then go to "Did not receive card by mail" to submit an inquiry? Even there it asks for receipt # so I need to find that first.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Thank you for the reply!

I paid AOS (120) and IV (325) on Feb 9th, 2021. When I go to the Payment Receipts page on NVC portal, I see the transaction ID for both payments but not necessarily a Receipt #.

Few questions:

1. How do I find out the receipt #?

2. Once I have that, do I go here to check the status -- https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do?

3. Is this (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do) the link I follow and then go to "Did not receive card by mail" to submit an inquiry? Even there it asks for receipt # so I need to find that first.

No, it's not the NVC fees, that's on the Department of State side, and is used for the processing of your immigrant visa case, interview and visa foil.

The 'Immigrant Fee' is $220 and paid to USCIS which is on the Department of Homeland Security side, you can either do it before entry to the US or after, but you will not get a green card until that fee is paid. When that fee is paid, you will get a receipt stating with 'IOE' that you can use to track the processing of the green card. The 90 day processing clock doesn't start until the fee is paid, so I'm afraid you have a bit of a wait.

These instructions will have been provided to the immigrant once approved for an IV in the 'Welcome to the USA' letter.

You can go to pay the fee here, you'll need the NVC case number and A-Number. https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

1 hour ago, Kai G. Llewellyn said:

No, it's not the NVC fees, that's on the Department of State side, and is used for the processing of your immigrant visa case, interview and visa foil.

The 'Immigrant Fee' is $220 and paid to USCIS which is on the Department of Homeland Security side, you can either do it before entry to the US or after, but you will not get a green card until that fee is paid. When that fee is paid, you will get a receipt stating with 'IOE' that you can use to track the processing of the green card. The 90 day processing clock doesn't start until the fee is paid, so I'm afraid you have a bit of a wait.

These instructions will have been provided to the immigrant once approved for an IV in the 'Welcome to the USA' letter.

You can go to pay the fee here, you'll need the NVC case number and A-Number. https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee

Oh my god! What a horrible oversight to make on my part!

I read through the entire post and did not really read anyone saying they 'applied' for their green card. Neither the NVC during the interview not the border folks mentioned anything about paying the fee before green card process will begin. I have paid the fee now.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

1 hour ago, JSmith15 said:

Got the IL this morning. Interview set for June 1. Will update timeline accordingly. Does anyone recommend Dr. Mascarenhas in Toronto over Dr. Zatzman in Vaughan (or other way)? Anyone recently had there medical done and knows how quick the turnaround time is at either?

Congratulations..I had my medicals at Dr.Mascarenhas on April 18th. It was pretty smooth. The results were electronically submitted to the consulate in a week. Would definitely recommend 

1 hour ago, AshEve said:

Congratulations..I had my medicals at Dr.Mascarenhas on April 18th. It was pretty smooth. The results were electronically submitted to the consulate in a week. Would definitely recommend 

Great thanks! And do you get notified when the consulate receives them? And do you basically know that everything in the medical is cleared once you leave the Dr.'s office? Or is there a chance that something gets caught at the consulate after the Dr. sends the results there?

50 minutes ago, JSmith15 said:

Great thanks! And do you get notified when the consulate receives them? And do you basically know that everything in the medical is cleared once you leave the Dr.'s office? Or is there a chance that something gets caught at the consulate after the Dr. sends the results there?

Consulate doesn’t acknowledge the receipt of medicals but the doctor’s office sent an email confirmation that they have submitted the medicals electronically. You won’t know everything is cleared when you leave the doctor’s office because xray and blood test results are pending. But I guess its cleared once they submit the medicals to the consulate and no further tests are required. 

10 minutes ago, AshEve said:

Consulate doesn’t acknowledge the receipt of medicals but the doctor’s office sent an email confirmation that they have submitted the medicals electronically. You won’t know everything is cleared when you leave the doctor’s office because xray and blood test results are pending. But I guess its cleared once they submit the medicals to the consulate and no further tests are required. 

How long Medical results are valid?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.