Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/16/2022 at 7:45 PM, AshEve said:

Hi. I moved my petition from India to Canada after DQ. My interview is on May 4th. Should I update anything in my DS-260 like address..etc.?

You can't edit the DS-260, tell them the changes at your interview.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline

Hows it going guys. My had her interview last year and eneterd the country Nov. 20, 2021. She still has no received her green card in the mail. We have updated our address and everything. Trying to call USCIS gives us an automated system that does no help. Do you all know what we should do? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Incrediblestan said:

Do you all know what we should do? 

Online case inquiry!

Review p15 & 16 of the FAQ document.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

Where can I find the spreadsheet? I found it once and now can't seem to find it lol

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
31 minutes ago, ClemsonC said:

Where can I find the spreadsheet? I found it once and now can't seem to find it lol

It’s in @Hawk Riders signature. You need to view it on the PC for it to be visible (not phone).

Timeline

We received a notice from the NVC that they've updated our case. Everything no longer says "submitted" but "accepted". woohoo!! It did also send a message saying  I(the petitioner)  might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States. Please submit proof of domicile. Does this mean when we submit more proof that we have to wait another few months for those documents to be reviewed? Or are we secure in our spot? is our current situation considered us to be DQ'd?

Timeline
Just now, NYQC said:

We received a notice from the NVC that they've updated our case. Everything no longer says "submitted" but "accepted". woohoo!! It did also send a message saying  I(the petitioner)  might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States. Please submit proof of domicile. Does this mean when we submit more proof that we have to wait another few months for those documents to be reviewed? Or are we secure in our spot? is our current situation considered us to be DQ'd?

Others could comment but you will know you are DQ'd when you get an email confirmation. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, NYQC said:

OK. so the email will say "You are DQ'd" basically?

Expect an email from the National Visa Center, and the subject line should say "Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified."  Perhaps there are other wordings being used, but that is the only one I have seen.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, NYQC said:

If it says "Please submit proof of domicile," don't expect your case to move forward until you have followed those instructions.  I do not know what you submitted as proof of domicile, but you should find plenty of help on VisaJourney on how to successfully do that.  Keep in mind that if the sponsoring spouse is actually living in Canada, it adds one level of difficulty to that part of the application, but it is still possible.  And, yes, expect a few more months to go by to exercise your patience.  If you are in a hurry, it pays to take the time to be methodically thorough.

Timeline
3 hours ago, AshEve said:

Thanks. I have heard that we can email the consulate to unlock DS-260. Maybe I'm mistaken

Yes, they can unlock it for you, but they don’t recommend doing it for minor things. You may call them and ask.

Personally, to avoid unnecessary complications, I would just go to the interview when scheduled and inform the CO of updates then.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

On 4/15/2022 at 7:17 PM, Family One said:

A return transcript is considered more official since it is proof that the income has actually been filed and accepted with the IRS. It would be possible to make a false 1040 which you never intended to file.  If all your income is from W2's there's not much chance for falsifying income, but if the 1040 includes mostly self-employed income, there could be reason to question its validity. However, return transcripts are not always available, especially for a very recent return.  Submit the best you have.

For year 2020 tax filing transcript is required or 1040 is sufficient. 

I have questions about entering the U.S. with IR1 visa. I am considering continuing to work remotely for my Canadian employer from the U.S. Is this ok to do from immigration perspective? I know I have to file taxes in both U.S. and Canada and I am ok with that. Also, I am wondering if carrying my work laptop with me across the border at POE is ok? If asked by CBP, can I explain that it is my work laptop and I intend to continue working remotely for my Canadian employer? I know that could be an issue for other visa holders but as an IR1 visa holder I have a right to work in the U.S. immediately after visa stamping so wondering if carrying work related belongings are ok?

Edited by lalove

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.