Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, cgy2cali said:

They did respond within a day for me, not sure what they're usual response times are though. Here's the information that they'll need to book your appointment, this will help you get your appointment booked faster:

Full name (on passport): 
Interview Date: 
Case number: 
Phone number: 

I had emailed everything except for the requested appointment date. Hoping to hear from them soon. Thank you for answering my questions. 

11 minutes ago, Budzmaroo said:

I had emailed everything except for the requested appointment date. Hoping to hear from them soon. Thank you for answering my questions. 

The good thing is that they seem to be back on track with timing, the sent the medical results to the consulate the next day. Hopefully that gives you some piece of mind as you arrange your travels. Good luck! 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Canada_F3 said:

Do we need to do biometric before interview or during interview Interviewer takes our fingerprints for biometrics at consulate 

Your fingerprints get taken during the interview.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, cgy2cali said:

Got my passport back with my visa today! 

They put a sticker on the back of my passport during the interview, I can take that off now right?

What sticker was that? I don’t recall a sticker on mine, but yes, probably safe to remove. All that matters is the stamp on the inside that you will need to show at the border.

Timeline

Received our DQ on March 8th. No interview letter yet. 

@Hawk Riders could you add @ToddD to the Montreal spreadsheet? My timeline is updated. Thanks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, cgy2cali said:

Got my passport back with my visa today! 

They put a sticker on the back of my passport during the interview, I can take that off now right?

Yeah, it's just the name sticker with the barcode. I think it was originally put there to match the passports to the files.  You're G2G!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

I am in the process of gathering my documents for my upcoming interview. Since the consulate is asking for an affidavit of support, do I need to provide one for the 2021 tax year and upload online an updated form I-864? Sorry if this has been answered before. 

5 minutes ago, Budzmaroo said:

I am in the process of gathering my documents for my upcoming interview. Since the consulate is asking for an affidavit of support, do I need to provide one for the 2021 tax year and upload online an updated form I-864? Sorry if this has been answered before. 

Our lawyer advised us to prepare this and bring it to the interview just in case (we didn't upload it online). We prepared it and brought it to the interview but they didn't ask for it. Doesn't hurt to have on hand just in case though.

Timeline
1 minute ago, cgy2cali said:

Our lawyer advised us to prepare this and bring it to the interview just in case (we didn't upload it online). We prepared it and brought it to the interview but they didn't ask for it. Doesn't hurt to have on hand just in case though.

Thank you so much. I am actually going to take my husband’s most recent tax records. I was just confused if I needed to upload it or not. Thank you for your help! 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Budzmaroo said:

I would say, upload everything you want the interviewing officer to see.  At my interview, I had enough documentation on hand to prove any part of the application that could possibly come into question, but the officer refused to look at anything which was not already uploaded.  Maybe an isolated case, but IMO, it doesn't hurt to upload if it is something you want the officer to see.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Family One said:

I would say, upload everything you want the interviewing officer to see.  At my interview, I had enough documentation on hand to prove any part of the application that could possibly come into question, but the officer refused to look at anything which was not already uploaded.  Maybe an isolated case, but IMO, it doesn't hurt to upload if it is something you want the officer to see.

Also, did you only brought 1040 and W2? I read in the Facebook group to bring the return transcript. I’m getting so confused now here. Sorry..

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Budzmaroo said:

Also, did you only brought 1040 and W2? I read in the Facebook group to bring the return transcript. I’m getting so confused now here. Sorry..

A return transcript is considered more official since it is proof that the income has actually been filed and accepted with the IRS. It would be possible to make a false 1040 which you never intended to file.  If all your income is from W2's there's not much chance for falsifying income, but if the 1040 includes mostly self-employed income, there could be reason to question its validity. However, return transcripts are not always available, especially for a very recent return.  Submit the best you have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.