Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2021 at 7:28 AM, Sunshine022 said:

Hi! Got my interview and approved October 25? CEAC status is ISSUED and no changes until now. Anxiously waiting for the tracking number or any movement at all. Hopefully I could make it to the US in time for Thanksgiving. How long does it usually takes for the email of tracking number? Thanks

Hi! how long did it take for the status to change from 'READY' to 'ISSUED' after interview? I had my interview yesterday and it still says 'READY'. is that normal?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally received my passport back November 1st and crossed POE the same day! I drove my uhaul across the Queenston Lewiston Bridge. The experience was very easy and fast! I was there for a total for 18 minutes. The officer at the booth had no idea what to do, sent me to secondary. I parked the truck and went inside. There were a couple other people waiting but they helped me right away. He stamped my visa. The only question I was asked was if I would still be working in Canada (no.) Thank you to everyone here, it has made this process much easier! Good luck to everyone and always feel free to message me with any questions! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Have any of you guys received the green card yet? In about 2 weeks, it will be 3months since the day I moved to USA. Isn't the physical green card will automatically be sent to the USA address within 4 months if the US immigration fee is paid?

At 90 days, you can submit an inquiry through myUSCIS.  If the fee is paid, you are correct, it will be sent to the US address confirmed by the Consulate during your interview.  Ours took 178 days or something silly and one of the three came with an incorrect status.  Anyway, I submitted an inquiry through myUSCIS at that 90 day mark to get the initial cards.  I think it took another month to hear back from them but then they got printed and sent.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
15 hours ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Have any of you guys received the green card yet? In about 2 weeks, it will be 3months since the day I moved to USA. Isn't the physical green card will automatically be sent to the USA address within 4 months if the US immigration fee is paid?

Ours arrived last week, just over 2 months after we crossed.

Timeline

Wife had interview Tuesday morning. Interview lasted about three minutes. She was initially denied and informed that she had to have administrative processing. They kept her passport and kept the police certificates from the 4 countries she lived in. They returned all other documents. Is it common for them to keep the police certificates?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ChiKel said:

Wife had interview Tuesday morning. Interview lasted about three minutes. She was initially denied and informed that she had to have administrative processing. They kept her passport and kept the police certificates from the 4 countries she lived in. They returned all other documents. Is it common for them to keep the police certificates?

What do you mean she was “initially denied.“ Was she eventually approved? Was she given a 221G slip?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

What do you mean she was “initially denied.“ Was she eventually approved? Was she given a 221G slip?

Sorry. I am not with her so I don’t have the correct details. She was given the 221g. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, ChiKel said:

The main question is “have other people not received their original police checks back on the day of the interview?”  They kept her police check from Canada and four other countries she has lived in. Thank you

Just now, ChiKel said:

The main question is “have other people not received their original police checks back on the day of the interview?”  They kept her police check from Canada and four other countries she has lived in. Thank you

I just had my interview yesterday and they kept my 2 police certificates. I think this is normal procedure, especially since many countries issue police certificates for the purposes of immigration to a specified country (in other words, you can't reuse the police certificate for other purposes).

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Canths said:

I just had my interview yesterday and they kept my 2 police certificates. I think this is normal procedure, especially since many countries issue police certificates for the purposes of immigration to a specified country (in other words, you can't reuse the police certificate for other purposes).

Thank you for the reply. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, DrJanko10 said:

What does it say on her 221g? Doe she need to answer supplemental questions? If yes, she will most likely need to fill out the DS-5535. 

There is no reason stated on the 221g. They just checked the box for additional processing required. They will contact when this is complete. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.