Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

@NYQC & @PM Hank, how did it go? 

My visa application was refused because my certified criminal check  application type was for Visa-Border Crossing -Foreign Travel-Work and it should of been for personal use: other/RCMP National Repository Entire Holdings.

My handler at the US Consulate helped me out  and what to do with this issue  and the mistake was from the local police services I dealt with and the police service took my fingerprints again and updated the application type and re-send the paperwork to the RCMP.  All is good and now to wait for mail from the RCMP and then send document to the the US consulate. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, PM Hank said:

My visa application was refused because my certified criminal check  application type was for Visa-Border Crossing -Foreign Travel-Work and it should of been for personal use: other/RCMP National Repository Entire Holdings.

My handler at the US Consulate helped me out  and what to do with this issue  and the mistake was from the local police services I dealt with and the police service took my fingerprints again and updated the application type and re-send the paperwork to the RCMP.  All is good and now to wait for mail from the RCMP and then send document to the the US consulate. 

that's odd. the incorrect background check should have been caught by NVC and rejected/replaced prior to DQ.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

that's odd. the incorrect background check should have been caught by NVC and rejected/replaced prior to DQ.

My  wife said the same thing to me.

Timeline

Had my Interview earlier today Jan 11

Want to let everyone know it went great and I got approved! The whole interview process went smooth, officers were nice and very helpful. I was there for about 1 hour and interview time was no more than 10 minutes. 

After a few hours my CEAC status updated to issued. Will now wait for the email, tracking number and passport return. 

Will give more details in my consulate review. Thanks all for the help and support in this forum :)  

On 1/10/2023 at 7:46 PM, mam521 said:

If your name is common, if you know there’s another “you” out there, it may take a little bit longer for the administrative processing to be completed. Your status will go from refused to issued. Don’t panic when it goes to refused. Hopefully there won’t be much more of a delay! 

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I believe my name being fairly common was most likely the cause. I just received my tracking number today.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, CanadianGirl3 said:

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I believe my name being fairly common was most likely the cause. I just received my tracking number today.

Congrats and good luck with the big move :) 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 1/11/2023 at 10:25 PM, mike_b2020 said:

Had my Interview earlier today Jan 11

Want to let everyone know it went great and I got approved! The whole interview process went smooth, officers were nice and very helpful. I was there for about 1 hour and interview time was no more than 10 minutes. 

After a few hours my CEAC status updated to issued. Will now wait for the email, tracking number and passport return. 

Will give more details in my consulate review. Thanks all for the help and support in this forum :)  

Hello,

Did you recieve your tracking number for passport return yet?

Timeline

Hello Everyone! 

I will be crossing in about 2 weeks from now, I was just looking up some info and read about a 220$ 'USCIS immigrant fee' ... Is this something I'm supposed to pay ahead of time? It mentioned needing an alien number which I don't think I have yet, do I? Did I already pay this before during my NVC stage or during the initial filing? 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, kkeys said:

Hello Everyone! 

I will be crossing in about 2 weeks from now, I was just looking up some info and read about a 220$ 'USCIS immigrant fee' ... Is this something I'm supposed to pay ahead of time? It mentioned needing an alien number which I don't think I have yet, do I? Did I already pay this before during my NVC stage or during the initial filing? 

$220 is your green card application fee. You should pay before you cross the border or your green card application will be delay.

Your alien number is the same as the Registration Number on the Immigrant Visa the consulate returned with your passport.

Nobody can pay this fee at NVC stage because you don't have the A number yet. The A number or registration number will be issued if you are approved at your interview only.

Edited by CuCun

Timeline

Another question on crossing, any issues doing it with a family member (Canadian citizen) or is it advised to go on your own?

Also if going with your own vehicle will the border request you to also do the vehicle import or is it optional/can do it another time?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mike_b2020 said:

Another question on crossing, any issues doing it with a family member (Canadian citizen) or is it advised to go on your own?

Also if going with your own vehicle will the border request you to also do the vehicle import or is it optional/can do it another time?

I'm following for this answer! 

I'm bringing a Canadian friend with me, and not importing my car (only keeping the car there for a few months) 👀

Timeline
47 minutes ago, CuCun said:

$220 is your green card application fee. You should pay before you cross the border or your green card application will be delay.

Your alien number is the same as the Registration Number on the Immigrant Visa the consulate returned with your passport.

Nobody can pay this fee at NVC stage because you don't have the A number yet. The A number or registration number will be issued if you are approved at your interview only.

Thank you! I got it paid! 

it shows my name though as 

Firstname Secondfirstname Middlename NMN Last  name... 

I know NMN means no middle name, but I do have one and it's there listed. I just hope they don't think I have 3 first names..

Timeline

Hi folks!! Any documentarily qualified on Oct 18th 2022 got their ILs from NVC? Any tips or ideas??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.