Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Gami19 said:

Same thing have happened to me,  i have not uploaded the document yet...trying to search more information, but if you happen to know anything please keep me updated. Thanks!

I simply uploaded the doc and have been waiting for NVC to review it. Really not sure what to expect here. Fingers crossed that I might get lucky and they will review it in fewer than 2 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Gami19 said:

Same thing have happened to me,  i have not uploaded the document yet...trying to search more information, but if you happen to know anything please keep me updated. Thanks!

Same thing happened to me. Have to upload PR card. but saw somewhere someone called that they just need to bring it on the interview. I uploaded mine right away though and got backed up by 2 months before DQ

Timeline
Just now, BrianZ said:

Do you know who they called? I tried calling the NVC number but it’s suspended.

yeah I think its NVC. probably pre-covid. Others got some note also but got DQ like a week after or so. depends on your luck I guess

Timeline
On 10/20/2022 at 12:06 PM, ToddD said:

In our case, at the interview, the agent wanted one more document. I submitted it the next day and it still took 5 weeks for the agent to review it and approve. I could be awhile. 

Which document were you missing? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, michael_n1988 said:

Which document were you missing? 

Missing my divorce certificate. The agent did not accept the signed divorce order from the judge, so I had to find a certificate. I fortunately was able to order one quickly and ship it within a few days. 

On 10/21/2022 at 12:30 PM, mam521 said:

Please fill out your timeline: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=409850

Please consult the FAQ's (link in my signature or @Hawk Riders signature)

You are required to have a flu shot for your medical because that's where the physician will verify your vaccination records, flu shot included. The medical can only be completed by select physicians according to the Consulate page, so a family doctor is irrelevant. 

I think this person mentioned family doctor because Dr. Mascerenhas sends you a pre-medical vaccine checklist that must be completed and signed by a doctor, at least that’s what happened with us. I’d imagine a walk-in physician could also complete the form if they bring in their records. 

On 10/19/2022 at 10:42 PM, lemurianelf said:

The montreal doctor cancelled on me so only one I could find before my interview is Dr Mascarenhas in toronto. He requires a Vaccine checklist signed by a doctor. The problem is I don't have a family doctor. All walk in clinic are not taking appointments. I contacted my telemedecine provider and they told me this needs to go to an immigration doctor. What do I do??? Is Dr mascarenhas flexible and will accept my quebec immunization record extract ? Has anyone gotten cleared by him with it? Can a pharmacist attest? They did my shots. Please help

How did this turn out for you? Were you able to find a walk-in to do the form?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

How did this turn out for you? Were you able to find a walk-in to do the form?

Begged a telemedecine provider to sign the form and they did. Dr Mascarenhas said he could have accepted a translation though.

Timeline

For those that already had their interview and officer asked to see 1040 tax returns, I have mine but their missing signatures since they were E-filed. 

Did anyone provide an unsigned 1040 and the CO did not ask about that?

Timeline
On 10/29/2022 at 6:13 PM, michael_n1988 said:

For those that already had their interview and officer asked to see 1040 tax returns, I have mine but their missing signatures since they were E-filed. 

Get a transcript if possible.  If you don't have enough time to get a transcript, you probably have some confirmation that the 1040 was actually e-filed instead of a signature.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Family One said:

Get a transcript if possible.  If you don't have enough time to get a transcript, you probably have some confirmation that the 1040 was actually e-filed instead of a signature.

Thanks, yes that’s what I was thinking. Either a signature or transcript would confirm it was filed. 

Timeline
On 10/29/2022 at 6:13 PM, michael_n1988 said:

Just happened today and they accepted the transcript with missing signature. Don't worry but do bring the 2021 one

Hi everyone, I had my interview yesterday in Montreal on November 2nd at 9:45 AM. Exactly what I didn’t want happened - my case went into administrative processing.

Quick back story on everything. The officer was very nice; all my documents were accepted and there were no issues with them. He asked me many questions and was content with all of them except for one which is what resulted in my case being put in to AP. My wife had recently moved to another state in the US and she was visiting me in Canada. We were both crossing from Canada to the US with the intention that I was going to help her move into her new place, build some furniture she ordered, etc. the border officers at that time refused me entry and said that you are not doing anything illegal (he literally repeated this multiple times) but, you cannot cross to the US while your case is being processed. Once it is is complete, you can then cross. This happened in May of 2022. I have not attempted to cross since then, I respected their judgement and of course I wouldn’t want to do anything that would jeopardize this months and months long process.

Fast forward to the visa interview, the officer asked me if I was every denied entry to the US and I explained to them the story above and he responded really well to it and seemed quite understanding. At the end however, he said he cannot issue the visa at this time and it requires some additional processing because of the denial of entry at the border. He said based on what you said, everything seems okay but we have to check it on our end. He said there’s nothing you need to do, no documents to submit or anything. Everything is on going our end.

I asked him for a rough timeline of everything and he said he can’t give an exact time but said hopefully a few weeks. He suggested that they keep my passport on file but also gave me the option to take it with me if I wanted. I chose for them to keep it as I do not want any further delays with me having to mail it back to them. 

I know there’s no knowledge of a proper wait time with AP, but does anyone have any experience with something like this given that I do not have to submit any documents and that they are not waiting for me to do anything? My file could be put at the bottom, it could be in a different pile from those who they are waiting on documents for, I literally have no idea.

Also, do they notify you when they are done with AP? Or would they just send the passport out whenever they are done doing their processing?

Was almost at the finish line but looks like I’m going to have to wait a bit longer to cross it.

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.