Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Country specific question merged with existing ongoing mega thread~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Hello all, I have my interview scheduled for Dec 2. Do I need to get a flu before my medical? Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas website says flu shot is required Nov - Mar. Is that for the medical or the interview?

Flu shots are only available from Nov 1 in Ontario so I was wondering if I should wait to get my medical done after getting the flu shot.

Also I don't have a family doctor. Can I skip the vaccine checklist if I have my vaccine records? Thanks!

Just had my submitted docs reviewed by NVC yesterday. All docs were accepted, but there was a “Case Document Review Note” telling me to upload my “proof of eligibility” to have my interview in Canada, given that I am a Chinese citizen living in Canada. So I uploaded the doc in 4 hours after this note. My question is, does anybody know if this would take them another 2 months again to review? Is this “case document review note” the same thing as “case FE review note”?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, BrianZ said:

Just had my submitted docs reviewed by NVC yesterday. All docs were accepted, but there was a “Case Document Review Note” telling me to upload my “proof of eligibility” to have my interview in Canada, given that I am a Chinese citizen living in Canada. So I uploaded the doc in 4 hours after this note. My question is, does anybody know if this would take them another 2 months again to review? Is this “case document review note” the same thing as “case FE review note”?

In our case, at the interview, the agent wanted one more document. I submitted it the next day and it still took 5 weeks for the agent to review it and approve. I could be awhile. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ctr said:

Hello all, I have my interview scheduled for Dec 2. Do I need to get a flu before my medical? Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas website says flu shot is required Nov - Mar. Is that for the medical or the interview?

Flu shots are only available from Nov 1 in Ontario so I was wondering if I should wait to get my medical done after getting the flu shot.

Also I don't have a family doctor. Can I skip the vaccine checklist if I have my vaccine records? Thanks!

My recommendation is having proof of everything before the medical appointment. My wife even got a blood test before the medical to show proof of at least one of the vaccines in her system, even though she didn't have written proof prior. She also got one of the vaccines that couldn't be proven by a blood test before the medical. If you have your medical after November 1st, it's best to have everything ready and completed before the medical, because that way the office can send your results to the consulate without waiting for your additional proof (like the flu shot). 

5 hours ago, ctr said:

When you got DQ -ed ?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, M.Knaebel said:

I know of someone with August 17th DQ date that got their interview letter this week. Looks like you just missed the cut off. Next month for us! (I'm August 29th).

we were DQ September 2nd so i was hoping we’d be included with the august round, guess not! 4 more weeks for us then 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/20/2022 at 8:26 AM, ctr said:

Please fill out your timeline: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=409850

Please consult the FAQ's (link in my signature or @Hawk Riders signature)

You are required to have a flu shot for your medical because that's where the physician will verify your vaccination records, flu shot included. The medical can only be completed by select physicians according to the Consulate page, so a family doctor is irrelevant.  You may want to consult it and cross reference your vaccine record to what is required by the panel physician and CDC and work on knocking anything missing off the list prior to your visit with Dr. Mascarenhas, if there's anything outstanding beside your flu vaccine. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

Good evening everyone. 

DQ: September 15th

Wanted to know if anyone has a similar case as mine: both myself and spouse living and working in Canada, home asset (not investment property), 1 joint sponsor. 

Has anyone been interviewed and approved under those conditions? My only concern is our income requirements as it doesn’t prove continuing income to US. 

On 10/20/2022 at 8:00 AM, BrianZ said:

Same thing have happened to me,  i have not uploaded the document yet...trying to search more information, but if you happen to know anything please keep me updated. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.