Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2022 at 3:25 PM, From_CAN_2_US said:

That note on the website is obsolete. There is no longer any package for you to carry. It is all sent electronically directly to CBP by Consulate/ USCIS.

Just a note that not all visas are eligible for this, in case other visa types are reading this thread. DV is still paper envelope, sealed to present when crossing. They are working on transitioning everyone to electronic submission but it will be a few years yet. 

Edited by Throwitaway1988
Clarification

Sometimes forms and real life don't exactly go together. We are doing a revised I864 to upload for our interview and I just have a quick question maybe someone can help with.

My wife has a contract with an online teaching company that is still valid, but she isn't getting any hours of work from them and hasn't for most of the year. Her income for 2022 could be $0. The last 2-3 years she has made around $10k a year at this job. She is currently looking for a new job in the States.

Do we put $0 for current income, or what she made last year? Do we even say she is employed, or is it better to just say unemployed on the new I864 since she isn't making money? The truth is that she is employed/contracted but makes $0 income, and I feel this could come across as very confusing on the form, but of course I could always clear it up at the interview if asked.

I'm not too concerned about the income since we have a cosponsor, but I dont want to cause unnecessary confusion.

Edited by ConsistentCut

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/22/2022 at 4:25 PM, kkeys said:

Yup! 

She called me after a few emails and made me an appointment that would work with flying in from NS same day. 

I'll be in at 115, then a 30ish min taxi to the appointment. My apt is for 3pm but she said if I'm early we can start early. That it takes about 2h. 

Trying to decide if I should book the 6pm flight home, or the 6am ... Not paying for a hotel so I'd be bumming around then at the airport to wait... 

Hi,

I  also had my appointment at Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas office back in August. I would definitely allow more than 2 hours in your schedule. 

The actual appointment is fast (in/ou about 15 minutes)  then you are sent downstrairs for your RX (also fast, 5-10 minutes for me as I was the only patient waiting) but you will also be sent to another facility for your bloodwork. Once there (really close to Dr. M office), it could be 15 minutes to 4 hours depending on how many people they were when you arrived. it's first come first serve, you don't have an appointment booked. Personally, it was 3 hours for bloodwork.  

Hope this helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/26/2022 at 12:21 AM, ConsistentCut said:

Sometimes forms and real life don't exactly go together. We are doing a revised I864 to upload for our interview and I just have a quick question maybe someone can help with.

My wife has a contract with an online teaching company that is still valid, but she isn't getting any hours of work from them and hasn't for most of the year. Her income for 2022 could be $0. The last 2-3 years she has made around $10k a year at this job. She is currently looking for a new job in the States.

Do we put $0 for current income, or what she made last year? Do we even say she is employed, or is it better to just say unemployed on the new I864 since she isn't making money? The truth is that she is employed/contracted but makes $0 income, and I feel this could come across as very confusing on the form, but of course I could always clear it up at the interview if asked.

I'm not too concerned about the income since we have a cosponsor, but I dont want to cause unnecessary confusion.

If she is CURRENTLY making $0, then the correct number is $0.  

All the DoS is really worried about is that you're not going to become a ward of the state.  Your cosponsor hypothetically covers for this, so just put $0 for your partner, ensure your cosponsor has sufficient income to cover you according to the requirements and just be prepared to answer any questions, should there be any.  They're probably going to just look at the cosponsor's income.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

13 hours ago, mam521 said:

If she is CURRENTLY making $0, then the correct number is $0.  

All the DoS is really worried about is that you're not going to become a ward of the state.  Your cosponsor hypothetically covers for this, so just put $0 for your partner, ensure your cosponsor has sufficient income to cover you according to the requirements and just be prepared to answer any questions, should there be any.  They're probably going to just look at the cosponsor's income.  

Thanks very much. I talked to a lawyer and cleared all this up. I am going to include a letter of explanation with her I864 to avoid confusion.

Edited by ConsistentCut

Hi guys,

I currently live in Canada and work from home for a Canadian company. I am a Canadian citizen as well. After I get the US green card and move to the US, does anyone know if there is an issue if I keep my job for a little while as I look for another in the US? At that time I would be a Canadian Citizen, have a US Green Card, work for a Canadian company but, live in the US. 

I of course will abide by the tax rules and regulations and will pay the taxes as necessary. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, kryptonite said:

Hi guys,

I currently live in Canada and work from home for a Canadian company. I am a Canadian citizen as well. After I get the US green card and move to the US, does anyone know if there is an issue if I keep my job for a little while as I look for another in the US? At that time I would be a Canadian Citizen, have a US Green Card, work for a Canadian company but, live in the US. 

I of course will abide by the tax rules and regulations and will pay the taxes as necessary. 

As long as your Canadian employer agrees to it you're fine. Just make sure they know to tax you as a non resident. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

5 hours ago, waterlooengineer said:

Do we need to register for anything prior to the interview appointment in MTL?

Where and how will they register us for passport delivery?

You need to register your interview appointment by using the website below. This will also allow you to schedule the delivery of your passport.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

Timeline

@Hawk Riders my interview got changed from Oct 11 to oct 5. Just got a new IL this afternoon. Just letting you know for the spreadsheet 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kkeys said:

Why did your date change?

I’m not sure. I think something to do with the expedite im assuming 

Edited by ClemsonC

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline

May I ask what everyone’s turnaround time is with Zatzmans office is like lately these days? We had our medicals today (Thursday) and our interview is Wednesday. 
I don’t know if the clinics all have the holiday tomorrow which will push everything back a day 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.