Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
52 minutes ago, kryptonite said:

@Hawk Riders My case was DQd on June 29th. Waiting for IL!

Even after being DQd, there is a review note that my AOS isn't sufficient. This is because my wife was a student at the time of our document submission and now she is working full time where her income is more than sufficient but, it wasn't reflected on her tax forms. The note says that we may submit documents on CEAC for a joint sponsor and they will be reviewed by the officer at the consulate. We have a joint sponsor and have completed the AOS form and have gathered allt he tax returns and transcripts as well as mortgage information to show asset ownership. Do I just submit all of this on to CEAC? This won't delay me receiving my IL right?

What's dq and IL 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline

Update:

So my dad finally had his interview after a successful expedite request. However he was issued a denial under section 221. They requested to see my original birth certificate which I have to mail to my parents and then they will mail via Canadian post to the embassy. although annoying that the notarized birth certificate was not sufficient for my dads case like my mums case, i expect that once they get the birth certificate and there are no issues with it it should lead to an approval.

Does anyone have any experience with this? 

bb0bd3b8-5414-4933-bc16-ab5f219083fa.jpg

2.jpg

My husband had his interview on August 10 and was approved and he just received his passport back in the mail the his visa (wooohoo!). I was pleasantly surprised how fast that was but I noticed the visa says it expires January 2023? Why does it expire so soon?  I thought IR visas were good for ten years

received_2154287228073494.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, X_P said:

My husband had his interview on August 10 and was approved and he just received his passport back in the mail the his visa (wooohoo!). I was pleasantly surprised how fast that was but I noticed the visa says it expires January 2023? Why does it expire so soon?  I thought IR visas were good for ten years

The January date is when you need to cross the border into the US and declare you are immigrating to activate the visa. There is a limited time to do that. If you are under a CR1, then it's good for 2 years. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, X_P said:

This is just hub’s entrance visa. Make sure you go pay the greencard fee and that he enters the US before that date. Once he enters the US, a stamp will be placed in the passport “activating” his greencard. The endorsed visa serves as a temporary greencard until the permanent one arrives. It should come in a reasonably timely manner as long as the fee is paid, but if it doesn’t, you can make an InfoPass appointment and get a new stamp. 

42 minutes ago, ToddD said:

The January date is when you need to cross the border into the US and declare you are immigrating to activate the visa. There is a limited time to do that. If you are under a CR1, then it's good for 2 years. 

The poster is an IR, not a CR, so it’s a 10 year greencard. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kryptonite said:

@Nesaliba @ConsistentCut @lemurianelf - looks like we all got DQ'd in June. Did any of you hear anything yet? Or have any idea when to expect?

@kryptonite I haven’t heard anything yet. Seems like Montreal has slowed right down at this point. We’re sitting at 70 days since DQ. Impatiently awaiting this last piece of the puzzle/waiting game. 

25 minutes ago, kryptonite said:

@Nesaliba @ConsistentCut @lemurianelf - looks like we all got DQ'd in June. Did any of you hear anything yet? Or have any idea when to expect?

10 minutes ago, Nesaliba said:

@kryptonite I haven’t heard anything yet. Seems like Montreal has slowed right down at this point. We’re sitting at 70 days since DQ. Impatiently awaiting this last piece of the puzzle/waiting game. 

Waiting anxiously here as well. I expect we will all be getting interview letters in the next week. I'm not 100%, but pretty sure the consulate sends out all interviews for the next month on one day. So all interview letters for september interviews will go out sometime in August. I suspect it will be the 3rd/4th week, so within the next 10 days. At least I hope so. :)

Edited by ConsistentCut

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ConsistentCut said:

Waiting anxiously here as well. I expect we will all be getting interview letters in the next week. I'm not 100%, but pretty sure the consulate sends out all interviews for the next month on one day. So all interview letters for september interviews will go out sometime in August. I suspect it will be the 3rd/4th week, so within the next 10 days. At least I hope so. :)

Same... I think the upgrade from F2A to IR-1 set us back to May 2022 from our DQ of September 2020... Toes and fingers crossed that our 695 days of waiting come to an end this month. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, kryptonite said:

Nope, same as you guys. i was expecting it last week based on timelines here but it looks like the embassy slowed down a bit. If you check on their update page, they still havent sent out letters to June filers or at least it's implied they didnt https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

"As of August 8, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in May 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in August 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in April 2020."

Let's hope we all get it this week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, ConsistentCut said:

Is it true that monthly interviews are all sent out on one day during a month?

yes

with exceptions being multiple family members... but then it's day after the batch or group adjustment for the family

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

19 hours ago, ConsistentCut said:

I've seen some May DQs have interviews scheduled in September. I hope this doesn't mean that September interviews are complete and they are now looking at October.

1 hour ago, Hawk Riders said:

yes

with exceptions being multiple family members... but then it's day after the batch or group adjustment for the family

Will there sometimes be multiple months scheduled for the same month (like DQs in May and June in September), or is it usually May-->September, June-->October, etc?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.