Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know when MTL typically sends out ILs?  Are they all sent together? Been keeping an eye on the spreadsheet and see nothings been sent this month yet 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
On 7/15/2022 at 1:13 PM, ClemsonC said:

Does anyone know when MTL typically sends out ILs?  Are they all sent together? Been keeping an eye on the spreadsheet and see nothings been sent this month yet 

It was about 3 weeks after DQ for us and they appear to be sent in batches. We got our notification on a Friday. Not sure if that's a typical process. 

Timeline

Anyone have a similar experience and know what happens to finish the CR1 approval? We are in additional administrative processing after providing my original divorce cert, I've seen the status date change from June 17, June 28, and now July 19 with the status still saying Refused. We've received no other communication other than a canned email when we asked for an update. MTL has her passport after my wife's interview on June 10 for a CR1. She doesn't need to come back. Just needed the divorce cert. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mmk2112 said:

I was DQ'd 23 May and still waiting for interview letter from MTL

March 8 for DQ and May 2nd for IL. I was wrong before. Looks like it was almost 2 months not 3 weeks. 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, ToddD said:

Anyone have a similar experience and know what happens to finish the CR1 approval? We are in additional administrative processing after providing my original divorce cert, I've seen the status date change from June 17, June 28, and now July 19 with the status still saying Refused. We've received no other communication other than a canned email when we asked for an update. MTL has her passport after my wife's interview on June 10 for a CR1. She doesn't need to come back. Just needed the divorce cert. 

I should have waited a few hours. It now says Issued!! And it says "Your Visa is in final processing and may take up to 10 business days to be shipped to you."  Does anyone have experience in how many days it typically takes to be returned?  Looks like we are close to being finally being done. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ToddD said:

Normally MTL processes visas with missing documents about 60 days after they receive them. So you are probably very close to the finish line.

You will see the status change to “Issued - AP”, then “Issued - Final Processing, after which you will receive the tracking number for the passport being delivered to the applicant.

33 minutes ago, ToddD said:

I should have waited a few hours. It now says Issued!! And it says "Your Visa is in final processing and may take up to 10 business days to be shipped to you."  Does anyone have experience in how many days it typically takes to be returned?  Looks like we are close to being finally being done. 

Oh just saw this! Congratulations!

It depends on when they ship it out. Normally it is same day as final processing status. There have been times where they took 2 weeks to ship it though. Once they ship it, you will received tracking number and then in most cases will receive the passport in 3 working days.

Hopefully MTL will ship it out today and you will receive by Friday.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
41 minutes ago, ToddD said:

So happy for you guys!!! Congratulations 🥳 

Ived heard typically 3–5 days 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline

So eager to see the next batch of ILs. 
My case changed to “Ready” last Tuesday and still no IL.  Crossing my fingers it’s this next round of letters sent out from the consulate 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
18 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Normally MTL processes visas with missing documents about 60 days after they receive them. So you are probably very close to the finish line.

You will see the status change to “Issued - AP”, then “Issued - Final Processing, after which you will receive the tracking number for the passport being delivered to the applicant.

Oh just saw this! Congratulations!

It depends on when they ship it out. Normally it is same day as final processing status. There have been times where they took 2 weeks to ship it though. Once they ship it, you will received tracking number and then in most cases will receive the passport in 3 working days.

Hopefully MTL will ship it out today and you will receive by Friday.

Thanks for the info. We're excited to finally be near the end. 

@Hawk Riders if you need to update the xls, our status was changed to Issued today, awaiting delivery. 

Timeline
On 7/15/2022 at 4:13 PM, ClemsonC said:

I got DQ’d April 15th, received IL on June 15th and my interview is August 1st. 

Timeline
On 7/15/2022 at 4:13 PM, ClemsonC said:

Hoping for very soon and keeping our fingers crossed to make it in. DQ’ed since September 2020 (that’s not a typo…) long story but we are very much ready to get to interview…

Timeline
28 minutes ago, QCCT said:

Hoping for very soon and keeping our fingers crossed to make it in. DQ’ed since September 2020 (that’s not a typo…) long story but we are very much ready to get to interview…

Fingers crossed for you guys too! We started the process as well in March 2020. We’re beyond ready for this..

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.