Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sorrel said:

I remember reading some time back (way back!) that after the interview, those that were approved were given a piece of paper (can't remember if they said it was blue or green), which said "Welcome to the United States".  I haven't heard of anyone reporting that they received this paper.  This would totally indicate that they were fully approved.  Did anyone who was approved get this paper?

'

Not anymore, instead we got a letter one of the user posted on previous page which says how to track once your visa been approved. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sorrel said:

I remember reading some time back (way back!) that after the interview, those that were approved were given a piece of paper (can't remember if they said it was blue or green), which said "Welcome to the United States".  I haven't heard of anyone reporting that they received this paper.  This would totally indicate that they were fully approved.  Did anyone who was approved get this paper?

The paper doesn’t really mean very much. Some people get it during the interview, some people receive it with their passport. They give it to people who they inform have been approved at the interview, but they often run out, and you don’t get one.

Again if you are told you are approved at the interview, 99% (made up statistic) you are going to be fine. But there is that 1% chance you could still be put into longer AP. We have seen it happen before, pretty heartbreaking stuff…

Timeline

Does anyone have experience with being approved for expedite with nvc
We submitted all docs and fees by mid April, and Montreal approved the expedite stating once NVC has reviewed all documents. This email was about 2.5 weeks ago. But nothings has changed on ceac since then.

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
On 5/8/2022 at 9:15 PM, ClemsonC said:

We submitted all docs and fees by mid April, and Montreal approved the expedite stating once NVC has reviewed all documents. This email was about 2.5 weeks ago. But nothings has changed on ceac since then.

I'm in the same boat as you. Montreal said they would expedite once all docs were approved. We were DQ'd on April 15th, yet our case hasn't moved and still shows as at the NVC. We reached out to the embassy and they just said to be patient as the case is still with the NVC. I'm puzzled. 

Timeline

Just picked up the passport from Canada Post, might be a silly question but I’ve seen on the US consulate website that once you receive the package, there is an envelope that must stay sealed when coming to the border, do they want the entire package still sealed or is there an envelope inside this package that has to stay sealed?

thanks I’m advance!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Matt&Corinne said:

Just picked up the passport from Canada Post, might be a silly question but I’ve seen on the US consulate website that once you receive the package, there is an envelope that must stay sealed when coming to the border, do they want the entire package still sealed or is there an envelope inside this package that has to stay sealed?

thanks I’m advance!

I remember when we picked up my wife's package/envelope at Puralator, there's no more other envelope inside that is sealed. It's just the passport and I can't remember if she have the welcome notice. And for all here who received their passport with immigrant visa, someone may correct me, but I believe no one receive the immigrant visa packet which what they called long time ago that must be sealed and present to Immigration Officer at the Airport or the Border (if crossing by land border). Everything now is electronically uploaded in their system. Once you cross and activate your immigrant status, you will just show you passport and they will ask where you will be staying. For my wife when she activated hers at YVR, they asked the address where she'll be staying and told her the contact number which is on the file is her correct contact number and she said "that's my husband's number". 

Some also thought that IO will ask for the CD of their XRAY copy. My wife have it but IO never ask for it.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
4 hours ago, Matt&Corinne said:

thanks I’m advance!

That note on the website is obsolete. There is no longer any package for you to carry. It is all sent electronically directly to CBP by Consulate/ USCIS.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ayc610 said:

Hello, are you able to advise how long it took for you to receive your passport? 

Interview was on 4th May, and picked up my passport today. So 4 business day

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/8/2022 at 9:15 PM, ClemsonC said:

It sounds like a conditional expedite. I am in the same boat for my dads application.

We still have to wait for NVC to review and accept the uploaded documents before the embassy will schedule us for an interview. All the documents that you uploaded should say 'accepted' instead of 'submitted'. 

I don't understand how that is considered expedited, I guess it just eliminates the wait between being DQ and getting IL.

As of now NVC is reviewing docs submitted on Feb 21... so 7 more weeks to go based on your mid April date before you hear back from NVC. Pray all documents get accepted and you do not get any follow up from them, as that essentially restarts the clock 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/3/2022 at 1:05 PM, mam521 said:

You can submit an expedite request and include the interview date for your mother.  Expect nothing and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised and they'll actually grant the expedite for a change.  

If their cases are quasi linked, you may get another interview letter within about 24-36 hours.  

so I got a conditional expedite. They will speed up scheduling of interview for dad but NVC still has to review docs first. my goal was to have both parents attend same interview date but that doesn't seem possible in this scenario.

I understand that NVC has to double check and make sure everything is in order but I'm waiting for them to review one document for Dad. Mum was approved for the same docs but they needed more info from me for dad.. which as it turns out isn't applicable in this case. SO yes, I'm waiting for NVC to review a one line message saying ' I cant give you guys this, I have uploaded everything you need as the attached case was approved with the very same documents.'

Annoying.

Timeline
2 hours ago, krzz said:

It sounds like a conditional expedite. I am in the same boat for my dads application.

We still have to wait for NVC to review and accept the uploaded documents before the embassy will schedule us for an interview. All the documents that you uploaded should say 'accepted' instead of 'submitted'. 

I don't understand how that is considered expedited, I guess it just eliminates the wait between being DQ and getting IL.

As of now NVC is reviewing docs submitted on Feb 21... so 7 more weeks to go based on your mid April date before you hear back from NVC. Pray all documents get accepted and you do not get any follow up from them, as that essentially restarts the clock 

I feel like it wont save much time either since Montreal seems to be rather quick at scheduling interviews after DQ.  I really hope they don't require more info, it will defeat the reason for the expedite in the first place (our little guys medical needs). He requires great supports in school and was hoping to have these in place before the school year starts down there as well. 

Fingers crossed we both get some good news soon! 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.