Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2022 at 10:56 PM, Temp_Xyz said:

Oh my god! What a horrible oversight to make on my part!

I read through the entire post and did not really read anyone saying they 'applied' for their green card. Neither the NVC during the interview not the border folks mentioned anything about paying the fee before green card process will begin. I have paid the fee now.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

05/01 - Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received

05/05 - We ordered your card to be produced.

Does the card being produced mean that we should hopefully receive the green card in the mail within the next few days?

I know @From_CAN_2_US said their green card was printed (is that same as 'to be produced') on Feb 15 and received on Feb 22.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Does the card being produced mean that we should hopefully receive the green card in the mail within the next few days?

I know @From_CAN_2_US said their green card was printed (is that same as 'to be produced') on Feb 15 and received on Feb 22.

I never checked the status of my card online so I don't know when it was ordered to be produced. I think I went by the date of the letter that came with my card for the "print date." 

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
2 hours ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Wow that was pretty fast. My wife entered on Apr 8, and I paid here Green card Apr 12. I had checked and still shows Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received. Not in a rush I know we have to wait, but it will be better if she will receive it very soon.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I never checked the status of my card online so I don't know when it was ordered to be produced. I think I went by the date of the letter that came with my card for the "print date." 

3 hours ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Actually I don’t think I got my green card on Feb 22. I crossed on Feb 12, and got my social security number on Feb 22.

I remember getting my green card only late March or so…

Timeline
2 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Actually I don’t think I got my green card on Feb 22. I crossed on Feb 12, and got my social security number on Feb 22.

I remember getting my green card only late March or so…

I remember you posted on Apr 3 and said you just received your Green Card in mail.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Hi all, after 2.5 years, at last I received my interview letter for June 1! 

I wanted to ask the following for feedback:

•    Is it possible to have someone else pick up my passport on my behalf at the courier pick-up location? Looking at the wording on the courier registration website it seems like the case, but wanted to see if anyone has done this before? 

•    The reason for having someone else pick up my passport is that I am flying out of the country on June 11 (to a country where I am a dual citizen for, so I do not need my Canadian passport to leave Canada). I had a quick look at the visa-in-hand dates after interview and it seems a little all over the place. In the event that I am not able to get my passport by June 11, I thought I could ask a friend to pick it up for me and courier it to me overseas so that I can travel back to Canada. 

•    Any other ideas, recommendations or advice would be much appreciated! Fingers crossed! 

Edited by Ayc610

9 minutes ago, Ayc610 said:

Hi all, after 2.5 years, at last I received my interview letter for June 1! 

I wanted to ask the following for feedback:

•    Is it possible to have someone else pick up my passport on my behalf at the courier pick-up location? Looking at the wording on the courier registration website it seems like the case, but wanted to see if anyone has done this before? 

•    The reason for having someone else pick up my passport is that I am flying out of the country on June 11 (to a country where I am a dual citizen for, so I do not need my Canadian passport to leave Canada). I had a quick look at the visa-in-hand dates after interview and it seems a little all over the place. In the event that I am not able to get my passport by June 11, I thought I could ask a friend to pick it up for me and courier it to me overseas so that I can travel back to Canada. 

•    Any other ideas, recommendations or advice would be much appreciated! Fingers crossed! 

This is what I got after my visa was approved. It should answer some of your questions. 

E9399090-2C4B-45F6-9F0E-131950AE1548.jpeg

18 hours ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

but it will be better if she will receive it very soon.

Just a question out of curiosity: Is there any difference between having the I-551 visa sticker vs having the card itself during the first year? I keep seeing the questions/comments around the card so was wondering if not having the card itself limits one from anything - travel, employment etc. Thanks in advance! 

Edited by VA21202

13 hours ago, AshEve said:

This is what I got after my visa was approved. It should answer some of your questions. 

E9399090-2C4B-45F6-9F0E-131950AE1548.jpeg

Thank you! Does anyone know how likely it is for me to get my passport back by June 10 after my interview on June 1 (assuming no AP, fingers crossed)? There weren't a lot of data points on passport received, so wanted to see if more people could share their experience. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ayc610 said:

Thank you! Does anyone know how likely it is for me to get my passport back by June 10 after my interview on June 1 (assuming no AP, fingers crossed)? There weren't a lot of data points on passport received, so wanted to see if more people could share their experience. 

I thought AP was standard thing and every application goes through it. Now I am curious too, mine was issued on May 4th, is it actually going to take several weeks? 

Timeline
15 hours ago, VA21202 said:

Just a question out of curiosity: Is there any difference between having the I-551 visa sticker vs having the card itself during the first year? I keep seeing the questions/comments around the card so was wondering if not having the card itself limits one from anything - travel, employment etc. Thanks in advance! 

Travel and employment, no difference. Some people have posted there were issues with places like DMV, banks etc., but nothing that wasn’t fixable. Just some annoyances.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ayc610 said:

Very hard to predict because it varies a lot. I interviewed on Wednesday Dec 8, and got my passport back in the post by Tuesday Dec 14. But some have waited 2 weeks or more….

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
8 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

I thought AP was standard thing and every application goes through it. Now I am curious too, mine was issued on May 4th, is it actually going to take several weeks? 

There is a standard AP everyone goes through which lasts between a few hours to a 3 weeks, but there could be longer APs due to 221Gs and DS-5535 issuances. This could be anything from 2 months to 4 years.

If you were approved during the interview on May 4, it is highly unlikely you will be put into this longer AP (although it has happened a few times before).

Return of passport is usually within a week, but can take up to 3 weeks, as you were likely advised by the CO.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
5 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

There is a standard AP everyone goes through which lasts between a few hours to a 3 weeks, but there could be longer APs due to 221Gs and DS-5535 issuances. This could be anything from 2 months to 4 years.

If you were approved during the interview on May 4, it is highly unlikely you will be put into this longer AP (although it has happened a few times before).

Return of passport is usually within a week, but can take up to 3 weeks, as you were likely advised by the CO.

Oh wow, nightmare stuff... hopefully i get it soon, i plan to go out of country soon, need my passport lol

15 minutes ago, MiloPinkman said:

Oh wow, nightmare stuff... hopefully i get it soon, i plan to go out of country soon, need my passport lol

I remember reading some time back (way back!) that after the interview, those that were approved were given a piece of paper (can't remember if they said it was blue or green), which said "Welcome to the United States".  I haven't heard of anyone reporting that they received this paper.  This would totally indicate that they were fully approved.  Did anyone who was approved get this paper?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.