Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Update - I received my Green card in the mail today. Crossed border on Feb 12, so faster than expected.

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you :) That was indeed fast....

46 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I am not sure what you mean by cover letter. Never heard of any such requirement. I don’t know about domicile update, as the petitioner in my case never lived anywhere but the US.

Some people upload proof things that change after NVC and before interview such as moving back to the U.S. in case of intent to reestablish domicile OR if there was a job change etc. I was referring to that.

48 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

One thing for you to note - I understand you are a Canadian PR. Upload your PR card on your CEAC. Also carry your PR card and a copy just in case they ask for it during the interview. Normally if you upload it on CEAC, they don’t ask for physical copy during interview.

Already uploaded to CEAC at NVC stage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
50 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Some people upload proof things that change after NVC and before interview such as moving back to the U.S. in case of intent to reestablish domicile OR if there was a job change etc. I was referring to that.

Yes, if petitioner changes jobs, then fill a new i864 and upload on CEAC with all relevant attachments. Also carry copy of offer letter to interview incase you are asked for it.

If beneficiary changes jobs since submission of DS-260, mark up the DS-260 in red pen and mention the updates to the CO during interview.

I have never heard of any requirement for cover letter.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Had interview today. They said everything looked good except we  didn't realize we had a copy of divorce documents rather than original. So they gave us a paper on how to courier it to them. They said it usually only takes 1-2 weeks for review and approval, but paper says 6-8 weeks. Does anyone know how long it usually takes once sending in the paperwork required?

Oh and the process was literally the same as everyone else has stated. Show up, go thru lines, turn in paperwork, 5-6 questions and done.

Timeline

DQ Nov 19th, still waiting for IL. Hopefully this month I get it :( pretty frustrating getting skipped almost 3 times.

Having said that, i want to prepare myself.

I can't find this information anywhere, hopefully someone can help.

I had all the vaccines back home, but do not have any documentations. What is the best way to go about in my situation? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

DQ Nov 19th, still waiting for IL. Hopefully this month I get it :( pretty frustrating getting skipped almost 3 times.

Having said that, i want to prepare myself.

I can't find this information anywhere, hopefully someone can help.

I had all the vaccines back home, but do not have any documentations. What is the best way to go about in my situation? 

Try to get titers done asap. 

6 hours ago, shocksandaunyx said:

Had interview today. They said everything looked good except we  didn't realize we had a copy of divorce documents rather than original. So they gave us a paper on how to courier it to them. They said it usually only takes 1-2 weeks for review and approval, but paper says 6-8 weeks. Does anyone know how long it usually takes once sending in the paperwork required?

Oh and the process was literally the same as everyone else has stated. Show up, go thru lines, turn in paperwork, 5-6 questions and done.

It's has been pretty normal to take 6 weeks. Hope for the best prepare for the worse.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

Try to get titers done asap. 

It's has been pretty normal to take 6 weeks. Hope for the best prepare for the worse.

whats titers?

visadoctor_us-vaccine_covid

not even part of the list?

Timeline
1 hour ago, MiloPinkman said:

whats titers?

visadoctor_us-vaccine_covid

not even part of the list?

Titre test is one to test immunity to various diseases (thereby giving you proof whether or not you have received vaccines in the past). Go to your family doctor or any walk-in and say you need to get titres done for the list of vaccines needed for US immigration. Most doctors don’t know what these vaccines are, so take the list with you. It can take over a month to receive results, so do it ASAP.

Once you get your titres you will know what vaccines you have and what you need. Take the ones you need in advance to doing your medicals. 

Here is list of vaccines neededfor reference:

https://www.visadoctor.ca/en/us-medical

If you had chicken pox before you. Don’t need varicella, just verbally tell the doctor you had it. You don’t need Flu shot at this time of year. You do need T-DAP, and if you don’t recall getting it in the last few years, go ahead and get it today at any walk-in. It is free. Take the proof with you when you go to medicals. Take your covid vaccine proof with you too. So if you are an adult under 65, you only really need titre for MMR.

Timeline
On 4/3/2022 at 1:53 PM, From_CAN_2_US said:

Update - I received my Green card in the mail today. Crossed border on Feb 12, so faster than expected.

Congratulations my friend! So happy all went so pretty fast and smooth for you!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Titre test is one to test immunity to various diseases (thereby giving you proof whether or not you have received vaccines in the past). Go to your family doctor or any walk-in and say you need to get titres done for the list of vaccines needed for US immigration. Most doctors don’t know what these vaccines are, so take the list with you. It can take over a month to receive results, so do it ASAP.

Once you get your titres you will know what vaccines you have and what you need. Take the ones you need in advance to doing your medicals. 

Here is list of vaccines neededfor reference:

https://www.visadoctor.ca/en/us-medical

If you had chicken pox before you. Don’t need varicella, just verbally tell the doctor you had it. You don’t need Flu shot at this time of year. You do need T-DAP, and if you don’t recall getting it in the last few years, go ahead and get it today at any walk-in. It is free. Take the proof with you when you go to medicals. Take your covid vaccine proof with you too. So if you are an adult under 65, you only really need titre for MMR.

wow thanks, great info. I actually did have chicken pox, already had flu shot and covid shot and also tetanus 3 years ago. So only thing I need to worry about is MMR.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MiloPinkman said:

wow thanks, great info. I actually did have chicken pox, already had flu shot and covid shot and also tetanus 3 years ago. So only thing I need to worry about is MMR.

Tetanus is different from TDap. I think TDAP covers more than tetanus (also covers diphtheria). So make sure you have proof of TDap.

FYI - when I did my titres it was covered by OHIP. TDap too.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline

so went to my family doctor and wow, surprisingly they had all the record from 2006 when I came to canada and got admission in the school. Had to pay $5 for the record 🤣 but I am relieved. Thanks people

Edited by MiloPinkman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, MiloPinkman said:

so went to my family doctor and wow, surprisingly they had all the record from 2006 when I came to canada and got admission in the school. Had to pay $5 for the record 🤣 but I am relieved. Thanks people

That is great. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.