Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,

I have petitioned an application for my parents. My mum just got DQ-ed! YAY. Whats the current wait time for Interviews in Montreal?

However my Dad got a review note for his case. 

The cases, and the paperwork are the same for both. I have submitted the same TAX info for both petitions however, NVC is asking for tax documents that don't apply in my case for my Dads case..

What's the best recourse for me?

Does this mean my parents will have interviews on different days?

assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by krzz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had my interview on January 21 and was waiting on my medical to be sent for the visa to be processed. They received the medical on Jan 27. As of right now, my visa is still refused and the last time I contacted the consulate, they mentioned that my case is still waiting to be reviewed by the consulate officer (Feb 4). The date hasn't updated on CEAC since (maybe it's in AP?)

Obviously at this point, I'm kind of worried about what's happening with my case since there's no transparency, and I keep coming up with scenarios as to why my case hasn't been reviewed yet. They still have my passport so idk if that's a good sign.

Now I have some questions to clear up any assumptions I might be making as to why this is taking so long. Any help would be extremely helpful.

1. I'm a Canadian citizen but born in India. Came to Canada with my parents when I was 8. Even though I've been in Canada, would my birth place affect the AP time, since India is considered a high fraud country? 

2. I was working under a 1 year contract at my previous job, and my last day was 3 weeks before my interview (end of Dec 2021). I didn't update the CO about this during the time of the interview since it wasn't brought up and due to the fact that my employer asked me if I could work remotely temporarily after my move. I'm officially not working there anymore as the employer hired a new on-site employee.

Is there any way I can update this now, while I'm in AP? Will updating this affect my processing time further? This just came to mind since I'm now looking for another job (didn't think I'd have to until I got to the US) in Canada. 

My husband isn't really worried. He's patiently waiting out the wait since I was only refused due to the medical. His peace is helping me stay calm and not overthink too much lol. A third person insight regarding the job aspect would be really appreciated though because I had no intention of being dishonest, and I'm afraid of it seeming this way to them. I just don't know what to do about updating them. Please help.

Edit: I filled out the DS-260 in July and mentioned I was presently working with the employer at that time, before submitting everything. Since then I haven't updated anything on it.

Edited by DamAk
Additional information

Timeline
2 hours ago, DamAk said:

I didn't update the CO about this during the time of the interview since it wasn't brought up and due to the fact that my employer asked me if I could work remotely temporarily after my move.

Correction: I don't remember if my current job was brought up during the interview. But I do know that at the time, I was asked to work remotely. So if asked, I would have said I'm with the same employer.

Timeline
On 2/19/2022 at 2:09 AM, krzz said:

Hello All,

I have petitioned an application for my parents. My mum just got DQ-ed! YAY. Whats the current wait time for Interviews in Montreal?

However my Dad got a review note for his case. 

The cases, and the paperwork are the same for both. I have submitted the same TAX info for both petitions however, NVC is asking for tax documents that don't apply in my case for my Dads case..

What's the best recourse for me?

Does this mean my parents will have interviews on different days?

assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you

I believe DQ to IL is around 2 months now for IR1/CR1 cases. I dont know the exact number for other family visa categories but seeing how fast Montreal caught up in just a span of few months for spouses, I don't think you'll have to wait too long.

If your dad gets DQ'd soon, they may have the interview at the same time or within a couple days of each other, its hard to tell. Emailing NVC to let them know you filed their petition together and would prefer if they had the interview on the same day might help, I'm not sure.

As for the tax documents, I think someone else would have a better answer. Hope this was somewhat helpful lol.

Edited by DamAk

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, mel4 said:

How can I find out where it is processing? We paid our fee Nov 17 and he crossed Nov 21 and still no sign of the card. 

That I do not know. It may be your local office. 

In the General Immigration Forum they do have a thread in there. That may help. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

We are going to be flying to the US once we get her Visa. Has anyone flown as opposed to drove across the border? Is crossing a lengthy process? Looking for advice, thank you!

Timeline

Hey guys, I crossed the border 2 weeks ago. Is there anyway to track the progress of the actual copy of Green card? I know it takes a bit to get it but anyway i can get any update as to what is happening with it?

Timeline
On 2/20/2022 at 7:20 AM, mel4 said:

How can I find out where it is processing? We paid our fee Nov 17 and he crossed Nov 21 and still no sign of the card. 

What's the first three letters of the case number? I believe you would have been given that when you paid the fee. I know a while back it was where your I-130 processed but that may have changed. 

Edited by DGF

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ashtim said:

If anyone from Canada enters usa and Activate their visa . And then travel abroad . Can they enter Canada afterwards being a PR ( all PR requirements are full filled and citizenship is in process ) for moving the belongings later . 

Yes, you are still a PR of Canada so long as you maintain your Residency Obligation (physical presence of 730 in the last 5 years), which if you only just moved and lived in Canada for the past 4 years or so, should be maintained for a long time from now.

When travelling by commercial carrier (airline/ bus/ boat/ train) make sure you have a valid PR card with you. If you are entering by land you don’t even need that. Just your passport will do, but best to also carry your COPR in the absence of the valid PR card.

PS - since you have applied for Canadian citizenship, Make sure you let IRCC know that you are now residing in the US and provide them with your American address and phone number. They will send communication to that.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.