Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, TSmith said:

Hi! I am the petitioner with a US Passport living in Canada. When the applicant goes to the interview, does the petitioner's passport have to be valid for 6 months? It expires right around the 6 month mark from the interview date. 

the USC's passport? no, just the potential immigrant.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/13/2022 at 3:51 PM, jmkmqp said:

Does the embassy ask for petitioner’s birth certificate at the interview? I’m finding it varies from applicant to applicant based on research. Not sure why

I was asked for it. I had a copy but for some reason couldn’t find it. I gave passport copy and he said it was fine. Of course I found the birth certificate when I went back to waiting but it didn’t matter and didn’t affect anything. 

Timeline
On 2/10/2022 at 12:31 PM, TSmith said:

For the medical exam and vaccination records...will they offer vaccines for any you may not have at the appointment?

My wife has to get the Hep A vaccine which she is doing tomorrow and a second dose is required in 6 months. Her interview is March 14th. So the question I have is, will they allow her with only one dose? Anyone have experience with the vaccines and whether or not they are somewhat permissive? 

Timeline

Interview was on January 24th but medical didn't come yet. Medical was sent on Feb 1st and status changed from "Refused" to "Issued" today (Feb 15th - two weeks after medical sent)! Hoping for the tracking number soon 🤞

Timeline
59 minutes ago, TSmith said:

My wife has to get the Hep A vaccine which she is doing tomorrow and a second dose is required in 6 months. Her interview is March 14th. So the question I have is, will they allow her with only one dose? Anyone have experience with the vaccines and whether or not they are somewhat permissive? 

Hep A is not needed for immigration, most vaccines needed go by age.  but for any vaccines series it just needs to be started. 

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
7 hours ago, canuckchic said:

Does anyone have any recent experience on how long it takes to receive your SSN and green card once you have crossed the border and activated your Visa? 

Hi!

Crossed POE: Dec 20, 2021

Received SSN: Jan 12, 2022 (It was issued a few days after I crossed, but I think the holidays delayed the process/delivery)

Received Green Card: Feb. 15, 2022 

Hope this helps!! :)

8 hours ago, canuckchic said:

Does anyone have any recent experience on how long it takes to receive your SSN and green card once you have crossed the border and activated your Visa? 

We received the SSN within 2 week, but are approaching the 90 days since green card fee payment/entry date and still no sign of green card. We’ve checked the green card website and it still only says they received the payment. I am curious to know how long it is taking for others as well. We are anxious to have it.

31 minutes ago, Canada5 said:

Hi!

Received SSN: Jan 12, 2022 (It was issued a few days after I crossed, but I think the holidays delayed the process/delivery)

Where did you cross? My husband crossed on Nov 21 and still no sign of green card.

Timeline
1 hour ago, mel4 said:

Where did you cross? My husband crossed on Nov 21 and still no sign of green card.

it's not where he crossed, it's who is processing the card that makes the difference in speed of production. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

3 hours ago, Canada5 said:

Hi!

Thank you - I crossed at Peace Arch on January 30th and still no sign of SSN, which is why I'm curious. 

@Canada5 how did you know the SSN was issued? 

Edited by canuckchic

Timeline
On 2/14/2022 at 1:11 PM, alphabetagamma said:

Good luck for your move coming Sat. I did ask for the address change and the officer confirmed. Then I gave a call to USCIS as well and they confirmed the new address. I'm having a hard time with the online account though - tried to reach out to USCIS as I keep getting an error when verifying my identity. I should get a call from them in a week or so to troubleshoot the problem. But if you have online access to your account after paying the fees, you can validate your address there too. 

That's super helpful, thank you. Having a hard time as well with my online account, so I'll call USCIS like you. I hope you'll get your call soon and finish up this last little detail!

Timeline
On 2/14/2022 at 3:23 PM, mam521 said:

I went across 1 day after my 2nd year wedding anniversary.  

You have to pay the greencard fee online.  I don't believe that you can pay the fee at POE because it's CBP versus a payment to USCIS.  Ours was paid like 2 weeks before we crossed.  It's simply a fee and has no bearing on your status, so go ahead and pay it now.  

As long as you cross the day after your 2yr anniversary, the status will change.  I asked inside at the POE if they'd update it to IR-1.  They said it has nothing to do with them (CBP) and that it will trigger in USCIS's system.  It did.  My greencard came with automatic IR status.  If it comes as CR status, you file an I-90 with the supporting evidence and they change it.  My 2 kids immigrated with me and for whatever reason, Kid1's status was correct, but Kid2's hadn't triggered, so I had to file the I-90.  

Safe travels and enjoy your reunification with your husband! 

Thank you so much!

That made me feel so much better, and went ahead and paid it.

However, so sorry to hear about Kid2...that's so frustrating! Hopefully everything will go smooth, but I'll keep that in the back of my mind in case that happens to me too.

Only a few more days...! 2 years after we applied for the visa, I will finally be able to be reunited.

This group has definitely made the last 2 years of my life a little more bearable! 

Timeline

@Hawk Riders and everyone else:

Interview: Jan 24, 2022

Result: 221g pending medical

Medical Sent: February 1, 2022

Issued: February 15, 2022

In-Transit & Tracking Info Sent: February 16, 2022

Picked up passport at pick up location: February 17, 2022

Crossing on Tuesday! Thanks for everyone's help ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.