Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, TSmith said:

For the medical exam and vaccination records...will they offer vaccines for any you may not have at the appointment?

Not all the clinics offer them. They will charge you for them too. Best to find out what ones you need if any and get your own doctor to give them. The doctor will give you a record of it and you can take that to your medical.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Hi Everyone. Finally after our waiver was approved in September 2021, the consulate finally asked for my passport in January 2022. I submitted and the still refused because my documents are all expired since my interview was in March 2021. So they are asking for an updated DS-260 and medical. I can’t book a medical because they didn’t activate my e-medical portal and waiting for that. To update ds-260, is it just doing the form again? They said courier documents but didn’t specify. Does anyone know what I should so or has gone through something similar?

Timeline
25 minutes ago, leo18 said:

To update ds-260, is it just doing the form again? They said courier documents but didn’t specify. Does anyone know what I should do

I searched the forum and it looks like requesting the consulate unlock your DS-260 online is a way to update it.

Can you post your instructions letter here?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

1 minute ago, Hawk Riders said:

I searched the forum and it looks like requesting the consulate unlock your DS-260 online is a way to update it.

Can you post your instructions letter here?

Hey, yes! 

Consular Section Comments:

Dear Applicant: 

Our review of the case confirms that the following documents have regrettably expired and require renewal: 

1. New medical examination report (please bring this message to the Panel Physician) 
2. Update your DS-260 online application form 

If you wish to proceed with your immigration to the United States, please submit your documents via courier, per the instructions available here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com. Upon our receipt and review of the new documents, we will contact you with further instructions. 

If we receive no new documents from you, your visa application will remain refused per Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). 

If you fail to take the action requested within one year following visa denial under Section 221(g), the Section 203(g) of the INA will require termination of the petition on which your visa application was based. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, leo18 said:

Hey, yes! 

Consular Section Comments:

Dear Applicant: 

Our review of the case confirms that the following documents have regrettably expired and require renewal: 

1. New medical examination report (please bring this message to the Panel Physician) 
2. Update your DS-260 online application form 

The way I read that, and remember I'm a Social Worker who understands systems and not an attorney, is those instructions serve as the "appointment letter" to schedule a new medical & you should deal with the DS online. Sign into your portal and see if maybe it's already unlocked?

The courier bit in this letter is just form letter inclusion garbage--not personal.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

1 minute ago, Hawk Riders said:

The way I read that, and remember I'm a Social Worker who understands systems and not an attorney, is those instructions serve as the "appointment letter" to schedule a new medical & you should deal with the DS online. Sign into your portal and see if maybe it's already unlocked?

The courier bit in this letter is just form letter inclusion garbage--not personal.

Okay makes sense. No it’s not unlocked because I can’t edit it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/9/2022 at 9:08 PM, Kirank said:

Congratulations!! Within how many days after the interview did they send the passport back?  
I’m hoping ours is back soon. 

Thank you! We received ours within two business days. 

Timeline

Good morning all! It’s been a LONG time since I’ve been on the thread. Got approved back in Oct, and finally, will cross over next Saturday (the day after my second wedding anniversary) so I can get an IR1. That’s the only reason why I didn’t cross sooner!

Has anyone lately had the experience of crossing over and changing their CR1 to IR1? I know that it should be automatic, but as always, people on this thread have some experiences and tips to share.

@alphabetagamma Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear it seemed fine to change your address to receive your SSN + GC in person at the POE. I’ve got to do the same, and tried changing it online prior, but I got an email + letter (to our new address in the US which I was requesting the change to!) saying that “Our records do not indicate that you are authorized to access information related to this case”, which makes ZERO sense. Still trying to figure out how to change my address, since USCIS requires you to advise them within 10 days of moving, so fingers crossed that perhaps changing it at the POE will update it in their system.

Also, would it be smart to pay the entry fee prior? Or best to pay while I’m there at the POE to make extra sure I get the IR1? For some reason, I have this nagging feeling that paying in advance of the 2 year wedding date (and crossing over) will affect the change from CR1 to IR1.

Finally, anyone lately crossed over the Philipsburg POE (Quebec / Vermont border)? Any experiences to share?

I got stuck in the worse timing for my timeline (if you check the spreadsheet, I have THE longest time from my DQ to my IL: 351 days - yup, I’m part of the group that got stuck in limbo while the consulate was closed for 8 months). Can’t believe that last time I saw my husband, was in July 🥺 (since I had to leave the US and not overstay the 6 months).

So if I can do it on this insanely long timeline, and then wait 4 extra months to cross over…you guys can do it too 💪💪💪

Edited by annierob

Timeline
8 hours ago, jmkmqp said:

Does the embassy ask for petitioner’s birth certificate at the interview? I’m finding it varies from applicant to applicant based on research. Not sure why

From what I understand it is only required if it was previously submitted as part of the application. I can’t think of a reason it would be for IR1/ CR1 (except maybe to prove petitioner’s citizenship at the i130 stage, but I don’t think that matters at the interview stage).

Petitioner’s certificate becomes relevant for IR5 (parent of USC), as it is the proof of the relationship. For IR1/CR1, this proof is the marriage certificate.

I did carry my husband’s (petitioner’s) birth certificate (original and copy)when I went to the interview, but wasn’t asked for it.

Timeline
20 hours ago, jmkmqp said:

Does the embassy ask for petitioner’s birth certificate at the interview? I’m finding it varies from applicant to applicant based on research. Not sure why

I was asked for it during the interview for IR1/CR1 along with his tax forms. I did also upload it online. My husband has a CRBA certificate so idk if that was the reason they asked but I gave that along with a photocopy of his passport bio page.

Timeline
On 2/12/2022 at 8:33 AM, annierob said:

Good morning all! It’s been a LONG time since I’ve been on the thread. Got approved back in Oct, and finally, will cross over next Saturday (the day after my second wedding anniversary) so I can get an IR1. That’s the only reason why I didn’t cross sooner!

Has anyone lately had the experience of crossing over and changing their CR1 to IR1? I know that it should be automatic, but as always, people on this thread have some experiences and tips to share.

@alphabetagamma Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear it seemed fine to change your address to receive your SSN + GC in person at the POE. I’ve got to do the same, and tried changing it online prior, but I got an email + letter (to our new address in the US which I was requesting the change to!) saying that “Our records do not indicate that you are authorized to access information related to this case”, which makes ZERO sense. Still trying to figure out how to change my address, since USCIS requires you to advise them within 10 days of moving, so fingers crossed that perhaps changing it at the POE will update it in their system.

Also, would it be smart to pay the entry fee prior? Or best to pay while I’m there at the POE to make extra sure I get the IR1? For some reason, I have this nagging feeling that paying in advance of the 2 year wedding date (and crossing over) will affect the change from CR1 to IR1.

Finally, anyone lately crossed over the Philipsburg POE (Quebec / Vermont border)? Any experiences to share?

I got stuck in the worse timing for my timeline (if you check the spreadsheet, I have THE longest time from my DQ to my IL: 351 days - yup, I’m part of the group that got stuck in limbo while the consulate was closed for 8 months). Can’t believe that last time I saw my husband, was in July 🥺 (since I had to leave the US and not overstay the 6 months).

So if I can do it on this insanely long timeline, and then wait 4 extra months to cross over…you guys can do it too 💪💪💪

Good luck for your move coming Sat. I did ask for the address change and the officer confirmed. Then I gave a call to USCIS as well and they confirmed the new address. I'm having a hard time with the online account though - tried to reach out to USCIS as I keep getting an error when verifying my identity. I should get a call from them in a week or so to troubleshoot the problem. But if you have online access to your account after paying the fees, you can validate your address there too. 

Timeline

Hi! I am the petitioner with a US Passport living in Canada. When the applicant goes to the interview, does the petitioner's passport have to be valid for 6 months? It expires right around the 6 month mark from the interview date. 

Timeline
On 2/12/2022 at 7:33 AM, annierob said:

I went across 1 day after my 2nd year wedding anniversary.  

You have to pay the greencard fee online.  I don't believe that you can pay the fee at POE because it's CBP versus a payment to USCIS.  Ours was paid like 2 weeks before we crossed.  It's simply a fee and has no bearing on your status, so go ahead and pay it now.  

As long as you cross the day after your 2yr anniversary, the status will change.  I asked inside at the POE if they'd update it to IR-1.  They said it has nothing to do with them (CBP) and that it will trigger in USCIS's system.  It did.  My greencard came with automatic IR status.  If it comes as CR status, you file an I-90 with the supporting evidence and they change it.  My 2 kids immigrated with me and for whatever reason, Kid1's status was correct, but Kid2's hadn't triggered, so I had to file the I-90.  

Safe travels and enjoy your reunification with your husband! 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.