Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Danii said:

Wow, that's a first but I'm not surprised. I wonder how long they would've forgot about your case if you didn't get your Senator involved... very strange. I'm relieved for you though! Hope everything else goes a lot smoothly here on out! :D 

8 hours ago, Danii said:

Wow, that's a first but I'm not surprised. I wonder how long they would've forgot about your case if you didn't get your Senator involved... very strange. I'm relieved for you though! Hope everything else goes a lot smoothly here on out! :D 

8 hours ago, katcat29 said:

Hi VisaJourney friends. 

I did my POE yesterday and have made it to the US. Thanks to everyone for their support and help throughout my time here.

I wanted to update you guys on what happened with my journey as when I was researching, I didn't come across anything like it, so I thought it would be good to have here.

As you all know, I interviewed at the end of October, was approved for my visa, and then my status stayed at Ready for 6 weeks. Within that time, the last updated date changed only 3 times from the time of interview. Within that time, I also reached out to the consulate multiple times via email only to get one response back to my inquiry saying that it's being worked on.

Well, after the 3 week mark passed, my husband contacted the senator in his state to look into our case, as there was nothing wrong with it, no AP, 221g or DS5535. After 2 weeks of contacting them, we got word that they would reach out and let us know if there's anything that needs to be done.

Well, before the senator's office got back to us, weirdly enough the same week we finally had contact with the senator's office, I actually got a call from the Consulate! I was so nervous that they would be telling me they're sending back my passport for further AP, etc. but that was not the case. They called me to let me know that apparently my fingerprints that they took at the interview didn't save in their system and they needed me to come back to Montreal to redo the fingerprints!!!!!!! I was shocked but also relieved that it was just the fingerprints and nothing else. Coincidentally, my husband got a phone call from the senator's office the same day I got a call from the consulate saying they got word from the consulate saying they had a technical error -___- . In my opinion, the coincidence is too high that the same week the senator's office reached out to them, was the week I got movement in my case. If it was a technical error, why didn't they catch it when I emailed them? To me this was highly negligible on the Montreal Consulate.

I had to book last minute flights, accommodations and transportation to get to Montreal for the following Monday as I just wanted to do it the earliest as possible and I was in the greater Toronto area. Unfortunately, last minute everything in December is very costly, but at this point, I needed the consulate more than they needed me, so I didn't make a fuss about the cost or anything with them via phone, email or while I was there. 

When I went to the consulate, it was basically the same interview process, where you go to the windows 3x (give your reasoning why you're there, confirm address/phone numbers, and finally the last window call up where they typically interview you). In my case, at the third window call up, they just asked to take my fingerprints. I took the opportunity to ask some questions, but they were pretty strict in how the responded and weren't really open to conversation. I could tell that the person I was talking to seemed annoyed, and if he was, I believe it was mostly at the errors in my case, because there was more than one that I caught and let them know about. 

After 6 weeks from my initial interview, and 2 trips to the consulate, my status finally changed from Ready to Issued, and then later that week I finally got the Issued Final Processing and the tracking number. Received my passport the Monday right after and just made the POE yesterday. I'm happy this part of the journey is finally concluded for me. 

My concluding thoughts: if your case is stuck at the consulate, I highly highly recommend to get your spouse to reach out to their senator because I really believe that is one of the reasons that helped nudge my case forward. Also, anything can happen. I would have never expected that I would ever have to go back, so expect anything. 

So happy it all worked out for you. I have been in AP for 6 weeks due to medical not arriving on time. . My spouse reached out to his senator  but  had no luck. They said they could not help while it was under AP. My spouse reached out to his congressman. Waiting to here back to see if they can move things along. My status has only been updated twice since 11/02/2021. We are at a loss of what we should do next. This has been so stressful!  

I must say this was the easiest Poe crossing ever!!! We pulled up to the peace bridge with a 20 foot uhaul only one car in front of us. We handed our passport and the man at the window was like ok so one American and one immigrating with a giant smile. Told us I just need a stamp and the pull into any parking spot and head into door 2. We got inside and was called up to the window and was only now asked my new address. They took my photo and finger prints and said I was good to go. We made a really nice list and no one checked it and didn’t even check my uhaul... now the hard part was I had my hammy and reptiles with me so I kinda made them take the paper work for that. Sadly the fws wasn’t in so it took about 10 mins for them to sort out that. If you are bringing over any exotic pets make sure to just double check what all you need bc in some cases you may need a permit to import them. It still doesn’t feel real yet :) feel like I need to head back to Canada in a week like normal. Ps kinda sad they didn’t even look at my importing paper work we work so hard to do lol but I think he saw the giant folder and as like yeah they filled it out lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, katcat29 said:

They called me to let me know that apparently my fingerprints that they took at the interview didn't save in their system and they needed me to come back to Montreal to redo the fingerprints!!!!!!! I was shocked but also relieved that it was just the fingerprints and nothing else.

My fingerprints didn't save into the system correctly when I had my interview.  Luckily, my interviewer realized it and I redid them on the spot, so no delays.  

19 hours ago, alphabetagamma said:

I had my interview today and the officer told me that he's approving my visa and my passport should arrive in 2-3 weeks. So happy hearing those golden words. My wife travelled with me and she just wouldn't stop crying. After 2 years and 1 month finally we are approved. Thanks a lot to everyone whole helped in this forum. I can't be thankful enough. And my best wishes for all who have their interviews coming up. 

IR-1 for you, too!  

There are a number of people without timelines filled in.  Please fill in your timeline as per the instruction in my signature.  

@Obyno @Justwai8ting @jrs 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

6 minutes ago, mam521 said:

My fingerprints didn't save into the system correctly when I had my interview.  Luckily, my interviewer realized it and I redid them on the spot, so no delays.  

The thing is, at my interview, they also noticed my fingerprints didn't save correctly and had me do them again. So it was almost like why did it not save then? Anyways its neither here or there, as I already made my POE thankfully.

Timeline

So my wife was originally refused and we were issued a 221g. We sent the required documents about 5 days after the interview (11/18/21) we just looked up the visa tracker and changed from refused to issued yesterday 12/17/21! Finally. I’m assuming now we wait for the passport. 

3 hours ago, Torrjr said:

So my wife was originally refused and we were issued a 221g. We sent the required documents about 5 days after the interview (11/18/21) we just looked up the visa tracker and changed from refused to issued yesterday 12/17/21! Finally. I’m assuming now we wait for the passport. 

Congratulations! (Sorry I asked a question about your documents but found your answer on your page :)

Edited by Danii

Timeline
On 12/17/2021 at 12:26 PM, katcat29 said:

That's weird. The senator's office should be able to inquire at least on a status update. If you want more info, you can DM me. 

I know, we are at a loss! I did DM you.

Timeline
13 hours ago, juliemct said:

Did it really take 4 months to get your greencard off a cr1?? I thought it was about 1 month.

Greencard release now varies. With some other people it take a month, with others may take longer than a month. I believe no one ever knows the precise issuance and release of the cards. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.