Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, dee&vee said:

Hello, have you both got any updates on your visa status yet?

23 minutes ago, dee&vee said:

Hello, have you both got any updates on your visa status yet?

Hello, nothing yet. I have been waiting since  November 2. I am not sure what is going on but it’s really stressing me out! How long have you been waiting? Is your delay due to medical not arriving on time?

Timeline
On 12/8/2021 at 3:23 PM, From_CAN_2_US said:

@HaileyJade and @juliemct

What time were your appointments today? I wonder if I talked to you. I was the short woman wearing a white parka outside, and a black dress when inside.

Actually I think so!! Mine was for 9:45 but we stood in the cold for 3 hours waiting on them! Lol 😅 My interview was approved! I was the one with long kinda red/plum colored hair 😁 I hope everyone's went well and best of luck to all of you through this process! I got my email this morning for tracking my passport. 

1 hour ago, katcat29 said:

Hi - yes I got the tracking number finally today after almost 7 weeks. I will do a full update for everyone here once I receive passport next week. Hang in there!

Finally, congratulations!!!! Looking forward to your update 

4 hours ago, Moe&Yas said:

Hi all, 

I had my interview yesterday. The interview was going well but unfortunately I was informed that I had to be put on AP. I received the DS5535 form through e-mail yesterday. The consular officer did keep my passport but would not mention how long the AP process would take.

I am a bit disappointed because I thought I would be reuniting with my wife soon but I guess there is more waiting for us. 

Thanks to everyone in the community. This forum has been really helpful throughout the immigration process.

Hi Moe&Yas, I'm so sorry to hear. Unfortunately, there are quite a lot of us in this process now 😔 it's extremely unfair especially after such a long wait. Please join us on the following thread and let us know if you have any questions about anything. We've been working together to figure out how this process works 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/773287-the-dreaded-ds-5535-thread-for-montreal-post-here-and-support-each-other-split/#comments

Timeline
4 hours ago, katcat29 said:

Hi - yes I got the tracking number finally today after almost 7 weeks. I will do a full update for everyone here once I receive passport next week. Hang in there!

Congratulations! So happy for you!! Hopefully the rest of us get some good news soon!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Danii said:

Hi Moe&Yas, I'm so sorry to hear. Unfortunately, there are quite a lot of us in this process now 😔 it's extremely unfair especially after such a long wait. Please join us on the following thread and let us know if you have any questions about anything. We've been working together to figure out how this process works 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/773287-the-dreaded-ds-5535-thread-for-montreal-post-here-and-support-each-other-split/#comments

Hi Danii,

Thank you! I will post my experience and questions on that thread. Thanks for sharing.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Redie said:

Hello, nothing yet. I have been waiting since  November 2. I am not sure what is going on but it’s really stressing me out! How long have you been waiting? Is your delay due to medical not arriving on time?

We were told approved but status still shows READY like the person below had. Just getting worried since everyone else is getting issued in a week. We didn’t have any document missing. 

5 hours ago, katcat29 said:

Congrats. Did your status ever change from Ready? 

Congratulations to everyone that got interview letters for Jan!! 
I am curious to know,  as I was DQ’d in Oct so it looks like the next date will be February for interview ? Or is there another possibility for Jan left. I don’t Know if they have specific dates only for the interviews.
Let me know if anyone has this information. 
i appreciate any help! 
thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Kirank said:

I was DQ’d in Oct...

Please complete your timeline here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=397490

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
6 hours ago, Kirank said:

Congratulations to everyone that got interview letters for Jan!! 
I am curious to know,  as I was DQ’d in Oct so it looks like the next date will be February for interview ? Or is there another possibility for Jan left. I don’t Know if they have specific dates only for the interviews.
Let me know if anyone has this information. 
i appreciate any help! 
thank you 

They usually only send out letters once a month. There was one time way back, when Montreal sent letters twice a month, but I wouldn’t bank on it. Your interview will likely be in Feb.

Timeline

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
On 12/10/2021 at 2:17 PM, Moe&Yas said:

Hi all, 

I had my interview yesterday. The interview was going well but unfortunately I was informed that I had to be put on AP. I received the DS5535 form through e-mail yesterday. The consular officer did keep my passport but would not mention how long the AP process would take.

I am a bit disappointed because I thought I would be reuniting with my wife soon but I guess there is more waiting for us. 

Thanks to everyone in the community. This forum has been really helpful throughout the immigration process.

I’m so sorry to hear this. All these DS5535’s break my heart and make me angry all in the same breath for those of you receiving them. Never fails - each administration seems to find some way to slow up the process and then pretends to be confused when so much irregular immigration occurs. Fingers crossed for everyone not to be held up for too, too long 

22 hours ago, canuckchic said:

Hey guys! Me again - booked medical with Cheema yay! 

I know he does passort photos, but then does he still need two more for the interview?

Thanks again!

You need photos at your interview for your visa. He has nothing to do with your interview. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.