Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Ayerforce said:

Not yet 

I was hoping that you had.

Do you know if there is anyway to ask or contact them?

Sorry to hear that. I still have not heard back either. It’s ridiculous. The only way to contact the consulate is to email them. Email address is Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov. I emailed them a couple of times and they finally responded back  with a very generic email. Hopefully we hear some good news soon! I will keep you posted, please do the same!

On 11/21/2021 at 5:11 AM, CuCun said:

Check your green card status here enter the IOE number you received in the payment confirmation USCIS immigrant fee email.

On 11/21/2021 at 8:22 PM, mam521 said:

Check as @CuCunhas instructed. If nothing, send an email inquiry through your myUSCIS account. It will probably take them a month to respond, but they will eventually. They usually start digging into your case and then your green card is magically mailed out. 

I have checked with the IOE and all it said is this: On August 10, 2021, we received your USCIS Immigrant fee payment for your Permanent Resident Card related to your immigrant visa. We will be processing the request for production of your Permanent Resident Card. You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of your entry into the United States or within 90 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee payment is received. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter.

Maybe I should give them a call?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fobosdaemios said:

I have checked with the IOE and all it said is this: On August 10, 2021, we received your USCIS Immigrant fee payment for your Permanent Resident Card related to your immigrant visa. We will be processing the request for production of your Permanent Resident Card. You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of your entry into the United States or within 90 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee payment is received. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter.

Maybe I should give them a call?

They don’t take calls. Everything is done through the myUSCIS portal. Mine took over 175 days and one of them was wrong, to boot. I had to send the email through the portal first then chat with an agent through askEMMA. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

29 minutes ago, mam521 said:

They don’t take calls. Everything is done through the myUSCIS portal. Mine took over 175 days and one of them was wrong, to boot. I had to send the email through the portal first then chat with an agent through askEMMA. 

Would you suggest me to wait until 120days or I should start using myUSCIS to email?

Did you go to Resources > Send us a message > New Message  to send them an email? If you did, which subject did you select? 

Is it normal that I can't add my USCIS immigrant fee receipt number into my USCIS account? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, pandadreams11 said:

Just got my passport back today with the visa in it. But in the annotation section it has 212 (g) (2) (B) in. it. should i be concerned? I did get both my covid shots and also my flu shot. 

I have a similar thing. I know somebody else and he had the same thing in the passport. Does anyone know what that is?

Timeline
1 minute ago, pandadreams11 said:

Did you get all your vaccines? i dint get the chicken pox one cause i had gotten it when i was young.

I have both the covid shots. For chicken pox, I have had it when I was young. I took tetnus shot after my medical for GC.

Timeline
4 hours ago, pandadreams11 said:

Just got my passport back today with the visa in it. But in the annotation section it has 212 (g) (2) (B) in. it. should i be concerned? I did get both my covid shots and also my flu shot. 

From all I have read, no reason to be concerned. This represents a waiver granted to you for not having received all the necessary vaccines. The waiver is granted because the doctor determines it is not required for you.

You mentioned you didn't get Varicella. My understanding is the requirement for varicella was waived because you had chicken pox as a child and hence the vaccine was determined by your doctor to not be required for you.

@harshshah

Note - The FAQ also says this would not cause any issue at POE.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline

I had my medicals today at Dr. Mascarenhas's office in Toronto. Here's my experience:

1. Registering - I registered online over their website (first thing I did after getting the interview letter). I sent them all the documents required by email:

a. Interview Letter from NVC

b. Copy of passport (had to send both my old and new one as I have one updated with my married name since I submitted the DS-260)

c. Proof of all your immunisation and vaccines (this could be proof of actual vaccination or titre test showing immunity)

d. Marriage certificate (incase your passport is updated to your married name since you submitted DS 260)

The office confirmed my appointment for 2:30pm on Nov 23, and told me I need not bring anything except my passports and payment.

2. The appointment and consultation- I arrived exactly at 2:30pm; they asked me to hand them my passport, and fill up a few forms. I saw the doctor around 3:20 pm; so it was a bit of a wait. The consultation only took about 10 minutes. Dr. Mascarenhas has a very pleasant disposition. He is young and easy to talk to. We chatted a bit about how I met my husband, where I am moving to and where I lived before moving to Canada. He took my blood pressure, checked my vaccines and asked about medical history. Then confirmed everything was in order and gave me directions to get the X-Ray and blood work done. He assured me that the results would be sent to the consulate before my interview; wished me congratulations and luck. The staff (also very pleasant and helpful) told me they would send me an email when the results are sent to the consulate. I was out by 3:40pm.

3. X-ray and Blood work - You go to the basement of the same building as Dr Mascarenhas's office to do your X-Ray. Pretty straight forward and fast. Took about 10 minutes. Blood work is to be done at any Lifelabs. There is one across the street from the doctor's office. This  was also quick - about 15 minutes.

4. Payment - You pay at Dr Mascarenhas's office only. It is $350 (if nothing additional is required), and includes the X-ray and blood work. Credit card is 3% extra. Debit is 1$ extra.

All in all a pleasant, smooth experience. I would highly recommend this doctor.

Note - If you are in my position with married name updated on new passport after submission of DS-260, all the registering and forms are to be filled in your maiden name and with the passport number you entered on the DS-260. Basically the information has to match the DS-260, even though the passport is no longer valid.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
On 11/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, katcat29 said:

Update on my situation:

Recap - Interviewed Oct 25, Approved at interview (no AP, 221g or DS5535 was given to me), Status 'Ready' ever since, with case last updated on Oct 29

I have emailed the consulate 3-5 times since last week as I have now passed the 3 week mark of interview approval. My spouse has reached out to our state senator and after following up with them today, it seems that they have a huge caseload as well from other immigration cases. At the very least, the senator's office was responsive via phone and gave us some indication that they will work on our case.

It is unfortunate because there really is no reason for me to be waiting this long as I was not asked to provide any other information nor given the dreaded AP slip. 

I just wanted to know if anyone else has any other ideas? I feel like at this point I have exhausted all my options and really just have to sit and wait, even though I've waited now 2+ years. I also just wanted to let everyone know that if you do have your spouse reach out to their senator, depending on the state, they could also be experiencing a backlog. 

Congrats to all those that got interviews today, and I'm sorry to those whose cases seem to have slipped through the cracks. Trust me, I know how you're feeling. 

Good morning, just wanted to ask if there is any change in your status? My interview was on 11/02/21 the only thing they were waiting on was my medical and they received it on 11/04/21. Still nothing back from consulate. Hoping you have good news!

21 minutes ago, Redie said:

Good morning, just wanted to ask if there is any change in your status? My interview was on 11/02/21 the only thing they were waiting on was my medical and they received it on 11/04/21. Still nothing back from consulate. Hoping you have good news!

Hello - there is still no change in my status. The only thing that has changed is the "last updated" date. It went from Oct 29 to Nov 17 to now Nov 23 (yesterday). 

Timeline
On 11/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, From_CAN_2_US said:

Trying to register and it says, "The information entered below must match the applicant’s passport and DS-260 Number application. Any discrepancy will result in delays in the return of the applicant’s documents"

Since I DQ'd I have updated my passport and name to my married name. For the registration, I should use my old passport information and maiden name as per what was entered in the DS-260?

I still haven't registered my appointment, because Montreal has not replied to the email I sent regarding this question. 

1. I called NVC, and they didn't answer me. Told me to contact the consulate.

2. I emailed Montreal Consulate thrice from the email ID I used for my DS-260. No reply or even acknowledgement email. I emailed again just now with a new email ID and received acknowledgment email.

3. I called the number on the website where you register and they gave me conflicting information. One agent told me I have to edit my DS-260 on the ceac website. I told her I thought that wasn't possible, and she advised to contact the consulate. Another agent told me I need to use my new passport information, but she can't confirm with authority. Again they advised to contact the consulate.

I really don't know what to do. 

Also worried if me delaying registering is causing any harm.... Does it not matter so long as you do it before the interview or does it cause delays is receiving the passport? Also can I register after the interview. That way I can ask them what info to put in during the interview.

Anyone here who was in the same situation as me. What did you do?

@DGF @mam521 @Hawk Riders Would appreciate your thoughts...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.