Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

So my case was finally last updated yesterday (still 'Ready' though) and I did end up receiving an email response from the consulate. All they said was there is a backlog and they're working on it.

At this point, I just have to wait, however I am still a little salty that I seem to be one of few cases who had no issues and have to wait so long to receive my passport and visa back. 

Hi everyone – I’m sure most of you have seen my posts about being skipped over for the Nov and now Dec interviews as we were DQ’d Feb 19, 2021.

I have been in touch with our local Congress rep and they spoke to the NVC. They confirmed that yes, they scheduled by DQ'd dates. Admitting no error on their part because they have no way to compare cases to say that we are the same as people who have been scheduled for interviews who were DQ’d after us. Ridiculous of course. The Congress rep said the only option at this point is to "prove that the NVC has scheduled people for interviews after our DQ date". To do this we must find at least one person who is willing to submit to the NVC all of their case information along with interview info, etc along with our case info to "compare" to prove our issue.

My ask is of anyone who would be willing to help us with this. I believe what we could do to protect your privacy (from myself) would be for whoever would be willing; to send me your info in a private message – like your contact info and DQ date and interview date, along with your phone number and email for the NVC to contact you to verify your case info and details that I’m sure you’d like to keep private from myself. Then I could use all of that in my correspondence to them.

I see the following people who were DQ'd after us that have had or will have November interviews;

@Quangerfeb 21 interview nov 18

@Torrjr feb 22 interview nov 18

@Canada5 feb 25 interview nov 22

@NadiaL mar 5 interview nov 29

@SS_V mar 10 interview nov 29

@Colorado bound mar 15 interview nov 1

please reach out if you’d be willing to help us. We are desperate to have our family back together, my two babies miss their Daddy so much. Also if anyone that hasn’t had their interview yet and is scheduled for December would like to help, please do let me know.

Thank you very much!

Edited by canuckchic

4 hours ago, Quanger said:

I had a similar question because I was born in China and immigrated to Canada before 16. But my attorney assured me that I did not need a police certificate from China. According the Foreign Affairs Manual 9 (https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM050404.html), 9 FAM 504.4-4(A)  (U) Basic Document Requirements, section 7 Police Certificates:

(7)  (U) Police Certificates: If the applicant is 16 years of age or old, they must obtain an original or certified copy of a police certificate for:

(a)  (U) Their country of nationality, if they lived in the country of nationality for more than six months at any time in their life;

(b)  (U) Their current country of residence, if different from nationality, if they have lived in that country for more than six months; or

(c)  (U) Their previous country or countries of residence if they were 16 years or older at the time they lived there and lived in that country for 12 months or more; and

(d)  (U) Any city and/or country where they were arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived in that city or country and regardless of age at the time of arrest.

(e)  Present and former residents of the United States do not need to submit any U.S. police certificates.

Hi.

This is very similar to what NVC table has. Did you attorney explain how this supports/proves that a PCC is not needed from the country of nationality?

I called NVC today, and the rep said they'll perceive "at any time in their life" as anytime even before they're 16, so if the candidate has lived in their country of nationality for a couple years while they were young, they would need the PCC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Hi.

This is very similar to what NVC table has. Did you attorney explain how this supports/proves that a PCC is not needed from the country of nationality?

I called NVC today, and the rep said they'll perceive "at any time in their life" as anytime even before they're 16, so if the candidate has lived in their country of nationality for a couple years while they were young, they would need the PCC.

I think I may have misunderstood your situation. In my case, I am no longer a Chinese national, so section (a) does no apply to me. I was referring to section (c) which allows me to forego the PCC from China.

37 minutes ago, canuckchic said:

Hi everyone – I’m sure most of you have seen my posts about being skipped over for the Nov and now Dec interviews as we were DQ’d Feb 19, 2021.

I have been in touch with our local Congress rep and they spoke to the NVC. They confirmed that yes, they scheduled by DQ'd dates. Admitting no error on their part because they have no way to compare cases to say that we are the same as people who have been scheduled for interviews who were DQ’d after us. Ridiculous of course. The Congress rep said the only option at this point is to "prove that the NVC has scheduled people for interviews after our DQ date". To do this we must find at least one person who is willing to submit to the NVC all of their case information along with interview info, etc along with our case info to "compare" to prove our issue.

My ask is of anyone who would be willing to help us with this. I believe what we could do to protect your privacy (from myself) would be for whoever would be willing; to send me your info in a private message – like your contact info and DQ date and interview date, along with your phone number and email for the NVC to contact you to verify your case info and details that I’m sure you’d like to keep private from myself. Then I could use all of that in my correspondence to them.

I see the following people who were DQ'd after us that have had or will have November interviews;

please reach out if you’d be willing to help us. We are desperate to have our family back together, my two babies miss their Daddy so much. Also if anyone that hasn’t had their interview yet and is scheduled for December would like to help, please do let me know.

Thank you very much!

For sure, I will help in whatever way I can.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, canuckchic said:

Thank you very much!

I am May 19  2021 DQ scheduled for Dec 8 interview and would be happy to help.

It's absolutely ridiculous that they are making you do all this. I don't understand the logic of why they can't check it on their end...

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

19 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I am May 19  2021 DQ scheduled for Dec 8 interview and would be happy to help.

It's absolutely ridiculous that they are making you do all this. I don't understand the logic of why they can't check it on their end...

I will PM you for the details. Thank you ever so much. And yes, we are beside ourselves with how this can be so much BS (excuse the language). 

It's absolutely unreal how the blame just keeps getting passed around from one agency to the other and no one can just say yes - you need to be scheduled ASAP

@ifh received an email back stating that yes, they are indeed interviewing DQ dates up to July 2021, but gave no help. Such a slap in the face.

Timeline

Hello

I got my email yesterday morning saying that my interview had been scheduled for Dec 1 at 7:30 AM. I live close to Montreal so I called Telus Health Care Centre to make a appointment with Dr. Michel Lapoint and the soonest they could get me in was Dec 1 in the afternoon , so like right after the scheduled interview time. So I'm booked to see the doctor on Dec1 . I then checked with Toronto doctors and the best they could give was Nov 30 .

So is it possible to go to the interview without the medical or will it be possible to reschedule my interview?

Timeline

question for those who have crossed over already with their IV in passport: 

I booked my flight. It's in the afternoon, Air Canada, departing from Pearson International in Toronto. 

If I have a 4 pm flight from Pearson, can I show up early at 10 am and get my pre-clearance and secondary inspection taken care of at US Customs POE at Pearson? i don't want to miss my flight, that's my concern. Would 10 am be too early to line up at the POE? 

Edited by stuarthall

1 hour ago, MarioAllison said:

Hello

I got my email yesterday morning saying that my interview had been scheduled for Dec 1 at 7:30 AM. I live close to Montreal so I called Telus Health Care Centre to make a appointment with Dr. Michel Lapoint and the soonest they could get me in was Dec 1 in the afternoon , so like right after the scheduled interview time. So I'm booked to see the doctor on Dec1 . I then checked with Toronto doctors and the best they could give was Nov 30 .

So is it possible to go to the interview without the medical or will it be possible to reschedule my interview?

Lots of people have been in this situation. You can do your interview and just tell them that you couldn't get your medical done in time for the interview. They will temporarily refuse you until your medical results arrive. Once they receive it, they will issue your visa accordingly. 

Timeline

Hi all,

For anyone who recently had an interview, I’m wondering if any of you submitted a copy of your spouse’s tax return, as opposed to the transcript? 

I ask because we are unable to get the transcript at the moment & I do have what we submitted to the IRS + all his W2s but am afraid that the consulate may consider it insufficient. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Danii said:

Lots of people have been in this situation. You can do your interview and just tell them that you couldn't get your medical done in time for the interview. They will temporarily refuse you until your medical results arrive. Once they receive it, they will issue your visa accordingly. 

Ok thank you very much! Seems a little scary to do it that way but that is probably my best option!.... Another question, is everyone being required to have both doses of a covid 19 vaccine for their medicals to be completed?

Timeline
12 hours ago, MarioAllison said:

Hello

I have seen many cases where the applicant completed the medicals before the interview, but the report was yet to be received by Montreal Consulate. In such cases, the applicant is issued the visa once the medicals come in, just as @Dani has advised.

It says on the Montreal Consulate website: "All applicants must undergo a medical examination administered by one of the five approved clinics prior to the interview."

https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/the-medical-examinations/

I do not know how struct they are about this rule. I have not seen of any cases where someone has gone to the interview without having done the medicals at all.

Have you checked with Dr. Mascarenhas's office in Toronto? I imagine they fill up fast after release of letters, but they had many slots available within this week and next when I talked to them on Nov 17. Perhaps they could put you on a waiting list?

I would not recommend postponing the interview for this reason. It can take months for it to be rescheduled. I would rather try my luck, go to the interview and do the medicals after.

32 minutes ago, MarioAllison said:

Another question, is everyone being required to have both doses of a covid 19 vaccine for their medicals to be completed?

Yes, you must have your two doses (one dose in case of Jahnssen) of COVID vaccine before the medicals in order to pass your medicals. Exceptions are only incase:

1. It is not age appropriate (for children under the age limit of the vaccine)

2. If there is a contraindication (I understand this to be a medical condition that vaccine cannot be given, but this needs to be properly documented and presented to the doctor.

3.  If the vaccine is not available in the country of your residence which is not the case for Canada.

If you are yet to complete the vaccine series, I understand it is at the discretion of the panel physician whether they can conduct the rest of the medicals and then complete it once you receive your final dose. I would check with the doctor directly.

If you haven't taken the vaccine at all and do not want to get it for any other reasons, I think the doctor will mark that on your medicals, and you will be refused at the interview. You can however apply for a waiver on moral/ religious grounds, which again needs proper documentation.

Source:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/covid-19-technical-instructions.html

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.