Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Just got through after being on hold. The lady on the other end was extremely unhelpful and essentially said there is absolutely nothing we can do. The request to expedite that we sent last month hasn't even been reviewed.

We are both beyond gutted. I don't know if I've ever felt a worse feeling in my life...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, canuckchic said:

No, I’ve been crying all morning 

Oh no! This is really awful...

So sorry this is happening. At this point it is nothing short of cruelty.

Have you considered the petitioner (your spouse) getting assistance from their senator to pressure Montreal Consulate/ NVC?

Timeline
1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

@HaileyJade Did you get it?!!

Yes!!! 😁😁😁 Trying to register and will wait until tomorrow, as I am getting the same error as everyone else. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, canuckchic said:

Not sure how to go about doing that? 

I am not entirely sure. @CanadianJeff sought help from their spouse's senator when their passport return took over 4 weeks. I suggest reading through their latest posts. I think it all starts by visiting the senator's website (senator of the state where your spouse resides).

@CanadianJeff Hope you don't mind me referencing you. I don't know of anyone else who has the experience... 

Update on my situation:

Recap - Interviewed Oct 25, Approved at interview (no AP, 221g or DS5535 was given to me), Status 'Ready' ever since, with case last updated on Oct 29

I have emailed the consulate 3-5 times since last week as I have now passed the 3 week mark of interview approval. My spouse has reached out to our state senator and after following up with them today, it seems that they have a huge caseload as well from other immigration cases. At the very least, the senator's office was responsive via phone and gave us some indication that they will work on our case.

It is unfortunate because there really is no reason for me to be waiting this long as I was not asked to provide any other information nor given the dreaded AP slip. 

I just wanted to know if anyone else has any other ideas? I feel like at this point I have exhausted all my options and really just have to sit and wait, even though I've waited now 2+ years. I also just wanted to let everyone know that if you do have your spouse reach out to their senator, depending on the state, they could also be experiencing a backlog. 

Congrats to all those that got interviews today, and I'm sorry to those whose cases seem to have slipped through the cracks. Trust me, I know how you're feeling. 

The consulate responded to my email and they asked me to reach out the NVC to get the status of my case… I’m so confused, I spoke to the NVC this morning and they told me that all was good on their end and that my case was in line to be scheduled for an interview and that basically it is in the consulate hands.  
Who schedules the interview NVC or the consulate ??? 

Edited by ifh

1 hour ago, canuckchic said:

Not sure how to go about doing that? 

For us, we checked the senator's website, got their contact email, and sent an email with name of beneficiary and petitioner, case number,  consulate involved, and explained the situation.  Our senator's office required a form be completed to grant them permission to reach out on our behalf (form was on their website but not every state seems to require the form). They were quick to reply. Navigating red tape seemed to be a common reason they were contacted (they had a website dedicated to saying their constituents can contact them for red tape stuff). 

It seemed Iike the email had to come from the US petitioner which makes sense since they would be the constituent and as a beneficiary, most of us are just random foreigners.

Good luck!

20 minutes ago, ifh said:

The consulate responded to my email and they asked me to reach out the NVC to get the status of my case… I’m so confused, I spoke to the NVC this morning and they told me that all was good on their end and that my case was in line to be scheduled for an interview and that basically it is in the consulate hands.  
Who schedules the interview NVC or the consulate ??? 

I just checked the email that my interview letter came from and it is from national_visa_center@state.gov
So I guess the NVC

Also, if you don't mind me asking, did you email the consulate today and they got back to you today as well?

1 minute ago, katcat29 said:

I just checked the email that my interview letter came from and it is from national_visa_center@state.gov
So I guess the NVC

Also, if you don't mind me asking, did you email the consulate today and they got back to you today as well?

Thank you for your response. To my big surprise yes I emailed them today at 10:06 am and they responded at 12:35 pm. Not helpful at all but still a response I guess..

Received passport in Vancouver on Sunday, loaded up and crossed the border at Peace Arch via car yesterday at 5:30PM. It took a total of 15 minutes with them stamping my passport as 'Admitted' and congratulating me and my spouse. Was refreshing to see friendly CBP officers who sympathized with what we are all going through.

Hope everyone who is waiting for IL's/interview/post-interview updates sees progress soon and I'm happy to share any information on our journey/timeline to help others.

Congratulations to all those who received their ILs!! I am excited for you all! Good luck!

Our DQ'd date is Jul 27th, so I am hopeful that next month brings an IL for us as well!

Quick question:

My wife is in Canada as an asylum claimant, and her home country (India) is extremely unhelpful towards those who have claimed asylum. She submitted her PCC request in April 2021, and it's still stuck in limbo, where as one of her friends applied for PCC around the same time and received it within a couple weeks. She called a couple weeks ago and was told it's still with the consulate in Toronto. The address on her passport no longer exists (new apartment buildings has been built), but that issue is secondary. We told NVC the situation and they accepted our explanation with the following response:

This explanation has been accepted for NVC purposes. However, when you are able to obtain this document, you will need to upload this document under the Optional Documents section and present the original to the consular officer.

I don't think India has any plans to give her the PCC. Will this pose any issues during the interview? We have submitted Canadian PCC.

Edited by Temp_Xyz

5 hours ago, ifh said:

Same here. I emailed the consulate as advised by @From_CAN_2_US. My husband emailed them as well but he sent the email to the ACS email (not sure if that will help). I have been on hold with NVC for the last 45 min waiting to talk to a representative… 

Did you get any info from the NVC? They were no help to us. 
what is the ACS email? Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.