Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I feel like Montreal is struggling at the back end from the surge of interviews in October and November. There have been many refusals, issuances of DS-5535s, extended APs, delays in return of passport. Something changed internally beyond just the sheer increased volume of interviews to trigger all this (especially the stricter security checks).  Regardless, It appears MTL is overwhelmed.

I am worried MTL will reassess their service capacity and not issue many interview letters this month or worse, not issue any for IR1/CR1 at all as they clear all the cases from October and November interviews, and take their holidays.

Still holding out until tomorrow though, before I have a mental breakdown…

I feel like you're correct in your assessment. I'd say about 80% of cases at Montreal are proceeding as normal, and then theres the 20% of us or so who seem to be caught in one of those unlucky buckets :( 

Really hoping they don't delay interviews further for you all. I waited 11 months for an interview, and no one else should have to wait that long. 

1 hour ago, katcat29 said:

I feel like you're correct in your assessment. I'd say about 80% of cases at Montreal are proceeding as normal, and then theres the 20% of us or so who seem to be caught in one of those unlucky buckets :( 

Really hoping they don't delay interviews further for you all. I waited 11 months for an interview, and no one else should have to wait that long. 

I agree, but I feel like the estimate may be more than 20%. I heard a lot of refusals when I was there on Nov 8th, and now know a total of 5 people from that date alone who were issued DS5535/AP. I wonder how many others are waiting 😕

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, CanadianJeff said:

Yup, but the petitioner had to be the one to reach out as they are the legal entity in the USA. As a beneficiary we are just random nobodies. My senator's office had a form that needed to be completed in order to grant them permission to contact the consulate. That seems to vary state to state so it's worth checking the senator's website. 

Thank you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Danii said:

I agree, but I feel like the estimate may be more than 20%. I heard a lot of refusals when I was there on Nov 8th, and now know a total of 5 people from that date alone who were issued DS5535/AP. I wonder how many others are waiting 😕

I was Nov 8th as well. Got to final processing and then refused now passport is being sent back while in AP. No 221G or DS5535 issued as of yet. 

1 hour ago, Danii said:

For sure. Who knows how many got 221g and DS5535 but also, maybe there's others like me as well just waiting really for no reason other than to wait 😢

Timeline

I just sent Montreal an email asking if they intend to issue ILs for December.

They probably won’t reply, but I really don’t know what else to do at this point lol

Got an auto reply that they are receiving higher volume of email than usual, which I hadn’t seen when I last corresponded with them several months ago… they really must be swamped!

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
52 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I just sent Montreal an email asking if they intend to issue ILs for December.

They probably won’t reply, but I really don’t know what else to do at this point lol

Got an auto reply that they are receiving higher volume of email than usual, which I hadn’t seen when I last corresponded with them several months ago… they really must be swamped!

At this point, I'm literally sick with anxiety. To make so many of us wait even longer, especially at Christmas, is cruel 😔 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.