Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/14/2021 at 3:03 PM, katcat29 said:

hey! my status has been ready for 3 weeks now and I interviewed on Oct 25 and was approved at interview.. I sure hope you're not following my path, but do keep us posted. 

Status changed to “Issued” around noon today!

Timeline
Just now, pandadreams11 said:

Mine changed to issued this afternoon too. Phew! i was so worried.

So was I! I don’t think I’ll chill out completely until I’m at home though. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

Has anyone who has crossed recently hit the 3 week waiting period and still hasnt received their social?

I hit mine tomorrow and my local SSA office is telling me to wait another 5 weeks before i can make an appointment to go in ?!

Don't listen to them, call another local office and schedule your appointment ASAP. SSA local office should be able to tell you if your SSN card was processed or not based on your A#, name and DOB on your I-551 visa. This was happened to my wife case, she crossed on 10/26, waited 2 weeks no card in the mail, I called 1st office told me to wait more. I called another office and after verified my wife info he said the SSN has not been processed and schedule my wife appointment today. Make sure you fill out form SS-5 before go to your appointment. Good luck.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, CuCun said:

Don't listen to them, call another local office and schedule your appointment ASAP. SSA local office should be able to tell you if your SSN card was processed or not based on your A#, name and DOB on your I-551 visa. This was happened to my wife case, she crossed on 10/26, waited 2 weeks no card in the mail, I called 1st office told me to wait more. I called another office and after verified my wife info he said the SSN has not been processed and schedule my wife appointment today. Make sure you fill out form SS-5 before go to your appointment. Good luck.

Yeah like i called my local office and the general SSA line and both cant pull up info with my A number, name and DOB. So i have the appointment next Monday.

Should I worry if they end up for some reason assigning me 2 SSNs? Also my Alien number is 8 numbers but everyone is telling me it is supposed to be 9. I wonder if thats why?

Thanks so much! No one told me what I need to bring nor what forms to fill out. 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Yeah like i called my local office and the general SSA line and both cant pull up info with my A number, name and DOB. So i have the appointment next Monday.

Should I worry if they end up for some reason assigning me 2 SSNs? Also my Alien number is 8 numbers but everyone is telling me it is supposed to be 9. I wonder if thats why?

Thanks so much! No one told me what I need to bring nor what forms to fill out. 

General SSA line didn't help me either. My local office guy told me that he was not supprised that my wife application was not processed and told me this happened a lot. I asked the same question and he told me that SSN will not be issued twice for the same A#. If your A# has only 8 digits then you add 0 (zero) in front to make it 9 digits. I thought you have to add zero in front of your A# when you paid for your green card fee since your A# has 8 digits. My wife A# has 8 digits also. You fill out the form before go to the appointment to save you time or you can fill out at the SSA office if you want.

Edited by CuCun

Timeline
39 minutes ago, CuCun said:

General SSA line didn't help me either. My local office guy told me that he was not supprised that my wife application was not processed and told me this happened a lot. I asked the same question and he told me that SSN will not be issued twice for the same A#. If your A# has only 8 digits then you add 0 (zero) in front to make it 9 digits. I thought you have to add zero in front of your A# when you paid for your green card fee since your A# has 8 digits. My wife A# has 8 digits also. You fill out the form before go to the appointment to save you time or you can fill out at the SSA office if you want.

Thank you! I recall when i paid for my green card only inputting the 8 digit number without the zero in front. I hope that doesnt cause issues with processing my green card. I might call USCIS tomorrow to confirm the receipt paid is associated with the correct alien number.

Thanks again for your help!

Timeline
1 hour ago, rainbow-skies said:

Thank you! I recall when i paid for my green card only inputting the 8 digit number without the zero in front. I hope that doesnt cause issues with processing my green card. I might call USCIS tomorrow to confirm the receipt paid is associated with the correct alien number.

Probably you didn't notice, if you entered 8 digits A-Number on the USCIS Immigration Fee webpage, it automatically add a zero in front for you. You may call them just to be sure but the chance you paid for somebody else fee is none because you will need the A-Number and the DOS Case ID to pay the fee. You can track your green card status here, enter your IOE receipt number in the email you received from USCIS.

Timeline
10 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

48 minutes ago, CuCun said:

Probably you didn't notice, if you entered 8 digits A-Number on the USCIS Immigration Fee webpage, it automatically add a zero in front for you. You may call them just to be sure but the chance you paid for somebody else fee is none because you will need the A-Number and the DOS Case ID to pay the fee. You can track your green card status here, enter your IOE receipt number in the email you received from USCIS.

Yes that’s what i was about to say

Edited by MTLSINGHZ

Timeline
Just now, alphabetagamma said:

Hello. Any IL's came yesterday night?

I stayed up until 2am last night refreshing my email, because the ILs came in at 2am on Nov 16 2020 🤦‍♀️

I didn't receive anything. But I am May 19 DQ. It's possible I just didn't make the cut off.

@bkoz @PA93 Anything?

Timeline
1 minute ago, PA93 said:

I don't thins so. I got DQ'ed in April 2021 and haven't received the IL yet.

Thanks for replying.

I really hope they issue them today. I have never seen MTL issued them this late in the month, except for Jan 2020, when it was issued on Jan 18.

I am starting to worry that they may skip December for CR1/IR1 because they made so much progress with us last two months. They may decide to focus on other categories...

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.