Pack88

Missing Proofs of Required Vaccination's (NOT COVID)

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

While Patiently waiting for our I-129-F to reach the embassy I have been assembling all the required documentation needed to make this a one visit journey to the Manilla Embassy, My lady told me that she does not have her childhood vaccination record, this prompts the question what does thye medical fols do- do they titer test to see if you need any, do they administer a whole new set and lastly is this an additional charge?  Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

**** I am moving this topic to the Philippines Regional forum for country specific answers***

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

20 minutes ago, Pack88 said:

While Patiently waiting for our I-129-F to reach the embassy I have been assembling all the required documentation needed to make this a one visit journey to the Manilla Embassy, My lady told me that she does not have her childhood vaccination record, this prompts the question what does thye medical fols do- do they titer test to see if you need any, do they administer a whole new set and lastly is this an additional charge?  Thanks

They don't care about past records

Medical is done at SLEC and the actual visa interview is done at the USEM

Timeline
1 minute ago, J B L said:

Medical is done at SLEC

So, in the absence of records, do they give the whole course of vaccinations at SLEC or do they check titers?   

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
What vaccines do I need for immigration medical exam?

All applicants are required to show they have the proper vaccinations against diseases such as mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus, hepatitis A and B, meningitis, and the flu. If you are not sure you have been vaccinated against these diseases, your blood can be tested to check for immunity.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Pack88 said:

They will vaccinate regardless. Before our interview was cancelled in March 2020, my fiancee had her medical and they vaccinated her. She had to redo the medical last month and they vaccinated her again. 

At Saint Luke's, an adult will get 4 shots.  Two in each arm.  A child will get six shots.  Two in each arm and one in each leg.   No extra charge.  I never heard of Saint Luke's testing titers.  AFIK, I don't think it's even an option in the Philippines.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

3 hours ago, Pack88 said:

do they titer test to see if you need any, do they administer a whole new set and lastly is this an additional charge?

No titer test.  As mentioned above, SLEC will give the whole set of age-appropriate vaccines, if the applicant does not present vaccination records.  The fee for the required vaccines is already included in the SLEC medical fee, so no additional charge.

Since there are some people having issues with answering this question, I thought it'd be good to explain it a little further as there's not just one right answer. If you have your vaccinations AND the record to prove it, then just explain that. If you don't have the vaccines and/or the record to show it, then again, just explain that, and add everything will be done at (or before) the medical. People are over-thinking this question when you really shouldn't be. Just answer honestly.  SLEC knows what they are doing for the most part.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

15 minutes ago, J B L said:

they don't care what you had done if the past or if had anything done in the past

They do care.  I and the other applicants in my batch at SLEC were asked if we had any vaccinations before.  I no longer have my vaccination records from when I was a baby, so I was given all the required shots for my age group.  Another applicant (seemed to be minor) said she brought her records.  I presume SLEC skipped the recorded vaccinations for her, otherwise the staff would not have been so insistent in asking her to present her records.

Timeline
2 hours ago, VanHalen said:

This is a country where people go to a  "Albularyo" Witch Doctor instead of a medical doctor.

SLEC is made up of witch doctors??

Edited by Crazy Cat

8 hours ago, Commish10 said:

They will vaccinate regardless. Before our interview was cancelled in March 2020, my fiancee had her medical and they vaccinated her. She had to redo the medical last month and they vaccinated her again. 

3 hours ago, Chancy said:

They do care.  I and the other applicants in my batch at SLEC were asked if we had any vaccinations before.  I no longer have my vaccination records from when I was a baby, so I was given all the required shots for my age group.  Another applicant (seemed to be minor) said she brought her records.  I presume SLEC skipped the recorded vaccinations for her, otherwise the staff would not have been so insistent in asking her to present her records.

I suspect probably 'most' adults, in the Philippines and probably even in the US and elsewhere are at least overdue for their boosters even if they did have vaccination records.  An adult applicant repeating a medical where they were already vaccinated the full course the first time around due to no records, would almost certainly be due for a second round of boosters to bring them current again by the time the new medical rolled around.  So it makes sense the Saint Luke’s would need to give them a whole other round of boosters on a repeat medical to meet US requirements that they be current on all vaccines.   I also suspect many if not most school aged kids in the Philippines may be behind on their boosters even if they did get vaccines early on.  As my wife was packing stuff for the trip here, she somewhat belatedly located her daughters baby book with vaccine records that she did not bring to Saint Luke's.  It looks like she got pretty much the full course of vaccines there for about the first 2 years of her life and then they kind of slacked off after that.  That baby book was a huge help getting her registered in California school but even with the rather extensive vaccinations the first two years of her life she was still past due for and needed all but one of the 6 shots she got at Saint Luke’s with no vaccination records at the time.  She could have skipped the Hep B since she already had a one-shot surplus there.  So now she has a 2 Hep B shot surplus.  She should be bulletproof for Hep B anyways. 😉   The remaining 5 shots she got were all still necessary to complete her California school enrollment requirements.  AFTER what she got at Saint Luke’s she is still short 1 Varicella shot to remain enrolled in school here but it’s not due for another 2 months.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, top_secret said:

I suspect probably 'most' adults, in the Philippines and probably even in the US and elsewhere are at least overdue for their boosters even if they did have vaccination records.  An adult applicant repeating a medical where they were already vaccinated the full course the first time around due to no records, would almost certainly be due for a second round of boosters to bring them current again by the time the new medical rolled around.  So it makes sense the Saint Luke’s would need to give them a whole other round of boosters on a repeat medical to meet US requirements that they be current on all vaccines.   I also suspect many if not most school aged kids in the Philippines may be behind on their boosters even if they did get vaccines early on.  As my wife was packing stuff for the trip here, she somewhat belatedly located her daughters baby book with vaccine records that she did not bring to Saint Luke's.  It looks like she got pretty much the full course of vaccines there for about the first 2 years of her life and then they kind of slacked off after that.  That baby book was a huge help getting her registered in California school but even with the rather extensive vaccinations the first two years of her life she was still past due for and needed all but one of the 6 shots she got at Saint Luke’s with no vaccination records at the time.  She could have skipped the Hep B since she already had a one-shot surplus there.  So now she has a 2 Hep B shot surplus.  She should be bulletproof for Hep B anyways. 😉   The remaining 5 shots she got were all still necessary to complete her California school enrollment requirements.  AFTER what she got at Saint Luke’s she is still short 1 Varicella shot to remain enrolled in school here but it’s not due for another 2 months.

So her 4 year old daugter got 5 or 6 shots. Will I be able to get a record of her vaccinations from St Lukes for when she enrolls in school? Will they giver he a copy in her visa pack or upon entry?

2 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

So her 4 year old daugter got 5 or 6 shots. Will I be able to get a record of her vaccinations from St Lukes for when she enrolls in school? Will they giver he a copy in her visa pack or upon entry?

Your fiancée should have received a personal copy of the computer printout from Saint Luke's with all her ID and a complete list of all the vaccines.  Make sure she hangs on to that for school enrolment.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Timeline
1 minute ago, top_secret said:

Your fiancée should have received a personal copy of the computer printout from Saint Luke's with all her ID and a complete list of all the vaccines.  Make sure she hangs on to that for school enrolment.

Thanks, I'll check with her. Hoping to have her visa today. Be here by next Friday if no glitches with the CFO. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.