brightfuture78

K1 Interview Scheduled

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So... they finally sent us an interview date. However, for some reason, they expedited it. It's scheduled for November 4th, which is 2 weeks from now. The issue with this is as follows:

- My fiancé is scheduled to get her second pfizer vaccine shot on the 29th of October... I suppose she can take a flight to Manila the next day or two after that.

- My fiancé says November 1-2 is a Philippines holiday. I'm guessing St. Luke's will be closed on those 2 days? Which would mean we only have one day (November 3) in which to complete the medical exam.

This is a really tight timeline. Does this seem feasible or is it pushing things? I really don't want to reschedule as I have no idea how far back that would put us in the queue again.

Timeline

My fiancés interview was scheduled the day after her medical at St Lukes. Not sure now but medical was a one day event for her. 

Gonna be a tight schedule no matter how you look at it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

My fiancés interview was scheduled the day after her medical at St Lukes. Not sure now but medical was a one day event for her. 

Gonna be a tight schedule no matter how you look at it.

Thanks for the info. My fiancé actually fully completed the medical at SLEC a year ago - so, she got all of her immunization shots from them. I'm hoping that'll make the process much faster this time around.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, brightfuture78 said:

Thanks for the info. My fiancé actually fully completed the medical at SLEC a year ago - so, she got all of her immunization shots from them. I'm hoping that'll make the process much faster this time around.  

Having all the shots is a good thing. You must have had a prior interview cancelled.

I would go ahead and get appointment with St Lukes. Bring any and all previous paperwork with her. 

Good luck with everything

Timeline
1 minute ago, AlaMike said:

Having all the shots is a good thing. You must have had a prior interview cancelled.

I would go ahead and get appointment with St Lukes. Bring any and all previous paperwork with her. 

Good luck with everything

Yes. Interview was cancelled back in 2018. It's... been a really long road. Sincerely hoping this is really the end of this nightmare. Thanks.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, brightfuture78 said:

So... they finally sent us an interview date. However, for some reason, they expedited it. It's scheduled for November 4th, which is 2 weeks from now. The issue with this is as follows:

- My fiancé is scheduled to get her second pfizer vaccine shot on the 29th of October... I suppose she can take a flight to Manila the next day or two after that.

- My fiancé says November 1-2 is a Philippines holiday. I'm guessing St. Luke's will be closed on those 2 days? Which would mean we only have one day (November 3) in which to complete the medical exam.

This is a really tight timeline. Does this seem feasible or is it pushing things? I really don't want to reschedule as I have no idea how far back that would put us in the queue again.

It's going to be tight. My fiancee completed the medical in one day. Schedule the earliest appointment. Congratulations on the interview. They only gave us 1 weeks notice. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, brightfuture78 said:

They give all the shots again

9 hours ago, brightfuture78 said:

Yes. Interview was cancelled back in 2018. It's... been a really long road. Sincerely hoping this is really the end of this nightmare. Thanks.

Knowing how SLEC works and generally how it works in the Philippines, on the day of the medical you need to emphasize that your interview is on the morning of November 4th.  Remind them through the day as you go through the process.  Second, remind them throughout the day that this is your 2nd time doing the medical and that the first medical was fine.  This is just a redo.  Emphasize this point so some doctor doesnt come back to you about a sputum test.

If you dont remind and remind and remind (which Im sure you know), there is a chance the medical doesnt get to the interview on time, especially if you are doing this on November 3rd.  Plus, after a holiday, they may still be in holiday mode.  This isnt the worse case scenario in normal situation, but you dont want to give USEM any more reasons to delay issuing your visa. 

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
On 10/19/2021 at 9:54 AM, Commish10 said:

They give all the shots again

That makes no sense. You're telling me if she presents all the records to them that THEY gave her the immunizations already, they will still make her do it again? I know SLEC is pretty negligent, but I'm still finding that hard to believe.

2 hours ago, brightfuture78 said:

That makes no sense. You're telling me if she presents all the records to them that THEY gave her the immunizations already, they will still make her do it again? I know SLEC is pretty negligent, but I'm still finding that hard to believe.

Im thinking he meant to say, "they give all the shots again if you have no documentation on having received them in the past".  If the immunizations were done on the previous medical, SLEC would not be doing them again.  However, the fees remain the same.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
2 hours ago, brightfuture78 said:

They had her records from the previous medical exam 18 months before and gave her shots again.

6 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Im thinking he meant to say, "they give all the shots again if you have no documentation on having received them in the past".  If the immunizations were done on the previous medical, SLEC would not be doing them again.  However, the fees remain the same.

They had her records from the previous medical exam 18 months before and gave her shots again

1 minute ago, Commish10 said:

They had her records from the previous medical exam 18 months before and gave her shots again.

They had her records from the previous medical exam 18 months before and gave her shots again

Wow, amazing.  They should have never done that.  Many I have seen that had to redo the medical, did not get the immunizations again.  Most complained because the price was still the same.  The incompetency spreads beyond the sputum tests. :) There is no logic to receive many of those immunizations twice, especially if its the same medical facility giving them. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Commish10 said:

Did she bring her records herself and show them to SLEC? I know it would make sense for them to already have her info on-site if she got immunized by them, but I don't trust much of anything that happens at that place. 

The vaccines Saint Luke's gives are part of series that should include boosters.  Or in the case of the flu shot, it's due seasonally.  Ordinarily if no vaccine records exist they would give the first shot of the series and then give a waiver for the boosters due to "insufficient time interval to complete series".  However, if it is a repeat medical, and by their own records now there IS enough time to continue or complete the series. Then the waiver given previously would no longer apply and they would be required by law to continue or complete the series based on the current timetable.  So another round of shots seems likely and is required by US immigration law.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.