mitzab

K1 visa pakistan only

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, rooji said:

How did it go for him?

They give 8 am to all the applicants because the embassy opens at 8, but it is when you get to the embassy they allocate numbers and then you get your turn based on that.

So we got 221g for our medical exam. Which if you can remember was a fiasco just getting it in itself. 

We had some issues with our medical exam. When my fiancé got there they asked him for the medical exam. So we assume that the embassy did not receive it from medical. The medical clinic in Lahore said he was all set to go to his interview. He even had a follow up appointment the day before and they still said he would be fine to go. Wilcare has always said they would send the results to the embassy for him. They never gave him an envelope or a copy of his medical exam either. 

So the interview portion went fine and they only asked him like 3 questions:

- what is your fiancée’s name?

- where did you meet?

- do you have any pictures?

But in the end we were issued 221g because they did not have our medical exam. I don’t know if this means another interview once they receive the medical exam. They need his passport again which will be not so great for travel. 

Pretty frustrated but trying to stay calm and figure it out. I can be patient and wait. Just want him here for my surgery.

Has this happened to anyone else? 

4 minutes ago, Patou & Kashou said:

So we got 221g for our medical exam. Which if you can remember was a fiasco just getting it in itself. 

We had some issues with our medical exam. When my fiancé got there they asked him for the medical exam. So we assume that the embassy did not receive it from medical. The medical clinic in Lahore said he was all set to go to his interview. He even had a follow up appointment the day before and they still said he would be fine to go. Wilcare has always said they would send the results to the embassy for him. They never gave him an envelope or a copy of his medical exam either. 

- where did you meet?

But in the end we were issued 221g because they did not have our medical exam. I don’t know if this means another interview once they receive the medical exam. They need his passport again which will be not so great for travel. 

Pretty frustrated but trying to stay calm and figure it out. I can be patient and wait. Just want him here for my surgery.

When my cousin went there, they told her that they didn't receive the medical and she showed them her medical payment receipt, he should have shown that.

They never give you a medical exam copy or anything except something that states he completed it.

There could be another reason why he got the 221g, did they ask or say anything else?

and yes they do that if something is missing or they need further affirmation or background checks.

But yes it is best to do medical at least 2 weeks apart especially if in lahore.

He needs to call the wilcare after a week's time to make sure they sent it. They should've kept your fiance's passport so that is strange but if they said they will ask, they will.

Timeline

35 minutes ago, rooji said:

When my cousin went there, they told her that they didn't receive the medical and she showed them her medical payment receipt, he should have shown that.

They never give you a medical exam copy or anything except something that states he completed it.

There could be another reason why he got the 221g, did they ask or say anything else?

and yes they do that if something is missing or they need further affirmation or background checks.

But yes it is best to do medical at least 2 weeks apart especially if in lahore.

He needs to call the wilcare after a week's time to make sure they sent it. They should've kept your fiance's passport so that is strange but if they said they will ask, they will.

Thank you for sharing your insight is very helpful. 

- I will ask if he showed them his receipt. He got the form and they checked the box “Other” and wrote in “Medical Exam”.

- We did the medical exam on Monday Nov. 8th but we had scheduled the interview and struggled to get a medical exam for a week. I guess rescheduling could have assisted with getting the docs to the embassy in time, but after a certain point I could not reschedule on ustraveldocs website.

- I think they’re waiting to finish giving him some required shots before they send his documents. My guess is that it has something to do with that because we have an appointment with them on the 22nd. I guess again we should have rescheduled to save him the trip, but they were confident it would be fine. 🤷🏾‍♀️

- the passport was also checked on the 221g sheet imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeimageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebe

Included a pic of  the form from the CO

imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeimageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebe

image.png

Edited by Patou & Kashou

M

14 minutes ago, Patou & Kashou said:

Thank you for sharing your insight is very helpful. 

- I will ask if he showed them his receipt. He got the form and they checked the box “Other” and wrote in “Medical Exam”.

- We did the medical exam on Monday Nov. 8th but we had scheduled the interview and struggled to get a medical exam for a week. I guess rescheduling could have assisted with getting the docs to the embassy in time, but after a certain point I could not reschedule on ustraveldocs website.

- I think they’re waiting to finish giving him some required shots before they send his documents. My guess is that it has something to do with that because we have an appointment with them on the 22nd. I guess again we should have rescheduled to save him the trip, but they were confident it would be fine. 🤷🏾‍♀️

- the passport was also checked on the 221g sheet imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeimageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebe

Included a pic of  the form from the CO

imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeimageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebe

My cousin was asked about her vaccine and they told her she could do it when in usa so i wonder if that is true to all the k1 applicants.

but yea they have not prepared the medical yet.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Patou & Kashou said:

- where did you meet?

Oh no 🥺

I am so sorry, now it will be just more waiting.

I don't know of any example, the one thing I know about is get any thing they asked for on 221g and get it to them ASAP

I am also wondering if the medical was the only factor that caused the 221g or if the counselor mentioned anything else.

In hindsight yeah it would've been better to have the medical report in hand because that's the safest thing and the idiotic thing is that they don't even open the medical report at the consulate it's mainly for POE if I am not mistaken. 

Just don't get down, take a day regroup and realign and get them all and everything they need.

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Furqanjadi said:

Hello ,

Did they ask for Affidavit of support form I134 ? ad did you email Embassy any form before the interview?

No did not email anything to the embassy 

Yes they asked for i134 (Affidavit of support) and also the supporting documents including pqystubs w2 tax transcripts etc

• March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)

7 hours ago, mitzab said:

No did not email anything to the embassy 

Yes they asked for i134 (Affidavit of support) and also the supporting documents including pqystubs w2 tax transcripts etc

To add to that, usually they ask for that however for my brother's fiance they didn't ask anything of the form or the supporting documents. Maybe because he has well above the income or maybe he works for the IRS as a contractor. I don't know. they only asked her birth certificate and nothing more.

So what I am trying to say is that each case is different and each case is based on how strong or weak your case is or if the officer has some other information that they want to explore further. It all depends on the officer too.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:11 AM, mitzab said:

Can anyone tell me where they have to leave the phones?

Is it that shuttle station or at the embassy somewhere?

Also, how far is the shuttle from the embassy?

Much obliged

On 11/16/2021 at 11:43 AM, mitzab said:

Interview done

Got approved

Barely a 3 min interview, the officer said congratularions you are going to US of A.

Now the wait for passport begins😀

Congratulations Mitzab,

I just received an email from Islamabad Embassy to schedule my interview appointment. They have sent me a link. Can anyone please tell me do I need to pay my visa fees first or schedule my appointment?? 

Secondly while scheduling an appointment, there is no category of K-1 visa. after selecting purpose of visit " petition based or others". 

In Karachi is there any option to pay visa fee online??

Thank you for your help.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Sdm21 said:

Congratulations Mitzab,

I just received an email from Islamabad Embassy to schedule my interview appointment. They have sent me a link. Can anyone please tell me do I need to pay my visa fees first or schedule my appointment?? 

Secondly while scheduling an appointment, there is no category of K-1 visa. after selecting purpose of visit " petition based or others". 

Thank you for your help.

Hi you have to pay the fee in person at a certain bank branch first then you will get to schedule an appointment. There is a paper you have to bring to the bank. Try to do this soon, it took us a few days between, printing, bank hours, and the time it takes to process the fee to confirm an interview appointment. 

Last I saw yesterday was that 11/23 was the earliest interview date. But as you may have read, you will need ample time in between your medical appointment and the interview. Most likely, you cannot schedule the medical exam without your interview appointment. 

Good luck, you got it 🙂

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Sdm21 said:

Congratulations Mitzab,

Thank you for your help.

Sorry, second part of your question… no online options to pay fee online. 
you should select immigrant visa, then, K visas on the ustraveldocs website. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sdm21 said:

Thanks 😊.

8 hours ago, Patou & Kashou said:

Hi you have to pay the fee in person at a certain bank branch first then you will get to schedule an appointment. There is a paper you have to bring to the bank. Try to do this soon, it took us a few days between, printing, bank hours, and the time it takes to process the fee to confirm an interview appointment. 

Last I saw yesterday was that 11/23 was the earliest interview date. But as you may have read, you will need ample time in between your medical appointment and the interview. Most likely, you cannot schedule the medical exam without your interview appointment. 

Good luck, you got it 🙂

I think you got the answer to your question

Print the visa fee form from Ustravel docs, go to the bank pay it, they will require the beneficiaries CNIC, they will write a number on the visa fee receipt 

after 24 hours of paying the visa fee you will be able to select the interview date after inserting that number (in our case it was auto updated on us travel docs after 20ish hours but I have also heard that you have to manually enter it as well in some instances), the key in selecting the interview date in my opinion is

1) Make sure you have all the relevant documents ready

2) Call the medical center ask them what is the earliest appointment and how long will it take for the results (also based on some experiences here, you rather carry your own medical results to the embassy then letting them mail to the embassy) based on that day select your visa interview date, do not select the first one available as you might not have your medical ready, our medical was done on Nov 2nd and we selected Nov 16th as interview date just to give ourselves a buffer, even though they said the reports will be ready for pick up on 8th they were not ready till 11th (and we were going to select 9th the first time)

this is the email we got from the medical center after booking the appt.

You are requested to please bring the following documents/items on the day of appointment.

1. Original valid passport (The validity of the passport should be for 6 months or more).
2. Two colored photocopies of the passport. (if submitted to the embassy then notary public attested copy and Original CNIC).
3. One passport size photograph (White Background) in front face position.
4. Document bearing CEAC barcode or ISL number or the interview letter issued by the embassy of the United Sates of America.
5. Bring Spectacles or medical/surgical history (if any).
6. Hearing aid, if using.
7. You are requested to please bring the original Polio certificate with one photo copy of the certificate from authorised centers of government hospitals only. Failure to provide with an authentic valid Polio certificate may result in delay of your visa process.
8. Applicants having their medicals on or after 1st Oct. 2021 shall be required to have completed the series of COVID 19 vaccination. The administered vaccine should be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO) or the US Food and Drug Administration must have licensed or authorized that particular vaccine.
Please be advised that the medical examination shall not be processed unless the applicant provides valid immunization certificate on the day of the appointment.
Exemption:
Children or young adults not yet advised immunization by NCOC are exempt from this requirement. Applicants for whom the vaccine is contradicted should provide with all medical reports supporting the contraindication for their condition.
To download your COVID19 immunization certificate please visi

Besides this they asked us to keep our DS160 confirmation and k1FTP (the email that NVC sent us which had our ISL number)

Hopefully this will help

Thanks

8 hours ago, Sdm21 said:

Thanks 😊.

Also, can you update your timeline. 

We already do not have a lot of accurate pakistan k1 visa timelines and it will help more people if we do it 

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We’re still waiting for our case to go from refused to administrative processing. They now have all the documents, medical exam and passport. 

How long has the wait been for an issued visa? 

Good luck to all still waiting!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Patou & Kashou said:

We’re still waiting for our case to go from refused to administrative processing. They now have all the documents, medical exam and passport. 

How long has the wait been for an issued visa? 

Good luck to all still waiting!

So glad, at least they received everything. Very disappointing on the medical centers behalf.

We were interviewed on the same day as yours, it went to admin processing right the same day and then the next day it went to application received so since 17th of Nov it is on Application received and it says that something should happen in two days but of course no movement. I am expecting something to happen by Friday coming week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.