mitzab

K1 visa pakistan only

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, faisal shah said:

Hey my visa catagory k1 & my interview appointment September 16 slamabad Pakistan. Before interview I submit form i-134 W2 Tex return evidence last 3 year. Bank statement $25500. Then my interview start CO question about my fiance I reply answer. Then CO give me 221G pepper and he say you need to joint sponsor form i864 & IRS Tex individual get-transcipt. After interview my status showing Refused..i submit that decoment October 10.2021 .then I checked my NVC stuats October 15 my last date update at NVc Case.  Then 18 October then October 27 update my last update date. So that means someone work on it my case and review documents ??you have idea how many days required for review documents  ??? my passport hold on embassy after interview..

1) If they are changing the case status date then defintely someone is touching your file

2) AP is like a black hole noone can answer with 100% certainity on timelines

3) It is a good thing they kept the passport, that means it probably was not such a big deal

Inshallah you will get it soon, there is nothing much you can do. If they hold it more than 60 days than you can use USTRAVELDOCS to submit an inquiry, but again dont expect anyone to answer directly

Thanks

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Timeline

Hi, thankful for this forum. 

Does anyone have any insight as to what is the fastest pickup option to get the visa? How many days does it typically take to pick up the approved visa and passport from the Islamabad pick up and how many days from the Lahore pick up?

Also, has anyone successfully scheduled the medical exam through the online booking?

TIA

Timeline
1 hour ago, Patou & Kashou said:

Does anyone have any insight as to what is the fastest pickup option to get the visa? How many days does it typically take to pick up the approved visa and passport from the Islamabad pick up and how many days from the Lahore pick up?

Also, has anyone successfully scheduled the medical exam through the online booking?

TIA

So here is what I did (last week)

Once the visa fees was paid

You will see a calendar for days available for interview schedule. Before selecting the date I called the medical center in Islamabad to see what dates they have available. They say generally it takes a week for results and all. 

So let's say you have all your medical stuff ready

They require 

Passport

Ds160 confirmation page

Interview confirmation page 

Vaccine covid and others card

Polio card

Pictures

Then go ahead and schedule your medical first available day

And depends on what day they give you for medical exam book your interview two weeks from there. (Tell the medical people you have booked the interview already) in Islamabad you can book medical online, at aziz medical center.

As far as picking up the passport is concerned since my fiance lives in Islamabad it's easier for us to pick it up then wait on delivery (don't trust the mail too much) now if your fiance is not in Islamabad you can choose home delivery they charge about $5 extra for that.

The medical exam in Islamabad was about 33000 pak rupees ($200 usd) 

Hope this helps

• March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)

Timeline

This is the confirmation email we got , also on the phone they said bring the K1 FTP letter

By this time your interview must have been scheduled by the US embassy consular section. From 1st Oct. 2021, you should have completed the series of vaccination against COVID 19. Please be advised that the medical examination cannot be carried out if you have not received your interview date or not have been fully vaccinated against COVID 19.

You are requested to please bring the following documents/items on the day of appointment.

1. Original valid passport (The validity of the passport should be for 6 months or more).
2. Two colored photocopies of the passport. (if submitted to the embassy then notary public attested copy and Original CNIC).
3. One passport size photograph (White Background) in front face position.
4. Document bearing CEAC barcode or ISL number or the interview letter issued by the embassy of the United Sates of America.
5. Bring Spectacles or medical/surgical history (if any).
6. Hearing aid, if using.
7. You are requested to please bring the original Polio certificate with one photo copy of the certificate from authorised centers of government hospitals only. Failure to provide with an authentic valid Polio certificate may result in delay of your visa process.
8. Applicants having their medicals on or after 1st Oct. 2021 shall be required to have completed the series of COVID 19 vaccination. The administered vaccine should be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO) or the US Food and Drug Administration must have licensed or authorized that particular vaccine.
Please be advised that the medical examination shall not be processed unless the applicant provides valid immunization certificate on the day of the appointment.
Exemption:
Children or young adults not yet advised immunization by NCOC are exempt from this requirement. Applicants for whom the vaccine is contradicted should provide with all medical reports supporting the contraindication for their condition.
To download your COVID19 immunization certificate please visit: https://ncoc.gov.pk/covid-vaccination-en.php

Any additional investigations and/or examinations shall be charged separately.

Children 2 years and above to less than 15 years of age shall be required to give blood for IGRA test to rule out TB infection. IGRA test is a blood test to help in diagnosis of latent tuberculosis infection. For further information about this test please contact the medical center.

Complete your previous medical history forms online.

You may complete the medical history forms online. This will save you time during the registration process at the medical center on the day of the appointment.

Please answer the questionnaire to the best of your knowledge as failure to disclose your previous or existing medical or mental condition may delay in your visa process.

Click on the link below to access the medical history forms. For your connivence your profile data will already be completed from the information you have provided in the appointment form.

WARNING: Please keep it safe as anyone may access your medical history with the knowledge of this code.

For All ages

As part of physical examination all body would be examined except genitalia so please be prepared and wear appropriate undergarments.

Timeline
On 10/29/2021 at 2:40 PM, faisal shah said:

Hey my visa catagory k1 & my interview appointment September 16 slamabad Pakistan. Before interview I submit form i-134 W2 Tex return evidence last 3 year. Bank statement $25500. Then my interview start CO question about my fiance I reply answer. Then CO give me 221G pepper and he say you need to joint sponsor form i864 & IRS Tex individual get-transcipt. After interview my status showing Refused..i submit that decoment October 10.2021 .then I checked my NVC stuats October 15 my last date update at NVc Case.  Then 18 October then October 27 update my last update date. So that means someone work on it my case and review documents ??you have idea how many days required for review documents  ??? my passport hold on embassy after interview..

Has your status changed?

On 10/25/2021 at 2:38 PM, Arsalan111 said:

Thank you 😊 
your fiancé will make it too. Make sure your relationship is well documented.

I saw your responses. My brother's fiance's visa interview is next week and I was wondering, since you got your visa, how was the experience if you don't mind sharing plz. Also how long was your visa for on your passport? 3 months or 6 months? There is a bit of confusion from my family members and I wanted to know how long do they put the visa in for? and how long do you have until you enter USA?

Thanks

21 hours ago, Patou & Kashou said:

TIA

I will answer for Lahore, if you are Lahore based, it usually takes 10 days for the passport and the remaining package to come to the pickup location and you can pick it up once you get an email it reached or a call. depends. so it doesn't take that long but I will assume that embassy is in Islamabad so maybe it will get there faster.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, rooji said:

I will answer for Lahore, if you are Lahore based, it usually takes 10 days for the passport and the remaining package to come to the pickup location and you can pick it up once you get an email it reached or a call. depends. so it doesn't take that long but I will assume that embassy is in Islamabad so maybe it will get there faster.

Thank you, this is very helpful.

My F-Beneficiary is coming from south of Lahore so we are trying to figure out what makes sense traveling back and forth.

Do you know the turnaround time for the Medical Exam in Lahore? I hoping a week is enough time...

1 hour ago, Patou & Kashou said:

Thank you, this is very helpful.

My F-Beneficiary is coming from south of Lahore so we are trying to figure out what makes sense traveling back and forth.

Do you know the turnaround time for the Medical Exam in Lahore? I hoping a week is enough time...

It is one week but they send that directly to the embassy. You will not receive it until you get the whole passport package in mail and even then it will be sealed and it will stay sealed until your entrance point in USA.

Edited by rooji

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sdm21 said:

Assalam Wallekum. My K-1 visa petition was approved by USCIS in August then NVC sent my file to US embassy Islamabad after approval. I have my ISL# from last 60 days but unfortunately I haven't received any instruction or interview appointment for embassy. Please suggest what should I do?? 

Embassy does not do anything

If you have your K1FTP document 

You need to go ahead and fill out DS160 and then schedule your own interview 

6 hours ago, mitzab said:

Embassy does not do anything

If you have your K1FTP document 

You need to go ahead and fill out DS160 and then schedule your own interview 

Thank you so much Mitzab. I got the above information checked from embassy too now scheduling my interview via attorney. Thanks for your time and help.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sdm21 said:

Thank you so much Mitzab. I got the above information checked from embassy too now scheduling my interview via attorney. Thanks for your time and help.

No issues

Let me know if any other qs

6 hours ago, Sdm21 said:

Just a piece of advice. Attorneys are often not helpful. they will miss something or the other. Very rare attorneys will help you all the way. This forum is very helpful when it comes to helping each other out. I have asked for help. Right now all you need to do is fill out the ds-160 form and then the next step will come. Ask if you need help. anyone of us can help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.