2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
49 minutes ago, perseverance_ said:

Hi,

To which office Hold in Abeyance letter is sent. My interview has not been scheduled yet and the I-130 got withdrawn. Is it sent to the National Benefits Center or Local Field Office. Last I checked 2 weeks ago my case was still at NBC. Appreciate your help and prompt response. Thanks

You send the letter to the local field office.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

You send the letter to the local field office.

Send a copy of the letter to the Vermont Service Office as well.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

6 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

@Demise , @sandranj or someone more experimented in this family should enlighten us in case of figure.

We're learning a lot everyday though this platform. 

Kindly regards 

It goes to wherever has your I-485 at the time, so NBC in this case. @perseverance_

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Timeline
8 hours ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Congratulations friend! Did you file with C09 category and concurrently with I-485 and I-360?

Hey! So this was my C9 and advance parole renewal. 
my 360 was approved December 2020

the C9 was originally applied for when I filed the 485 with my ex

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

Finally 🥂🙏🏼

Great news!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  joke worked again... joke worked again...]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

It is Wednesday, and therefore time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================

JUST A SMALL WHITE DOT (?)

A kindergarten class had a homework assignment to find out something exciting and relate it to the class the next day.

When the time came to present what they'd found, the first little boy whom the teacher called on walked to the front of the class, took a piece of chalk, made a small white dot on the blackboard, and sat back down.

Puzzled, the teacher asked him what it was.

"It's a period," he replied.

"I can see that," said the teacher, "but what is so exciting about a period?"

"Darned if I know," said the little boy, "but this morning my sister was missing one, my mother fainted, my dad had a heart attack, and the boy next door joined the Navy!"

:P 

*Eagerly awaits news from tomorrow on who will be the next beneficiary of T-B's lucky joke*

1 hour ago, perseverance_ said:

Thanks @Demise I'm not completely sure where it is. Should I send it to both NBC and Field office, and also to the Vermont Service Center along with the VAWA package? thank you

I think that, if it is send to NBC, they will forward it to your local office if it's no more under their custody.

But to make it more safer, you can also do as you said by sending another one to your local office for you have nothing to lose. 

As for Vermont,  @Demise should know more better. 

Keep on!!!!!!

Edited by Rhema1

Hi @Demise@sandranj@TBoneTX

I hope you are doing well

I had an GC interview based on my vawa approval on 12/21/2021. The officer is very nice and friendly. She took 1 hour to go through the I-485 form and security questions with me then she said that the interview was done and she will contact us if she needs something and if my case is approve, I can see the approval from case status online. However,  my case hasn't been updated until now and I'm very worried. 

Do you think this is normal or do you have any thoughts to share with me?

Thank you very much 

4 hours ago, perseverance_ said:

Thanks @Demise I'm not completely sure where it is. Should I send it to both NBC and Field office, and also to the Vermont Service Center along with the VAWA package? thank you

National Benefits Center's mailing address is:

USCIS - National Benefits Center

850 NW Chipman Road Suite 5000

Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Vermont Service Center's mailing address is:

USCIS - Vermont Service Center

38 River Road

Essex Junction, VT 05452

There is no harm in sending it to multiple places (NBC + field office) but only the NBC has jurisdiction in your case.

12 minutes ago, SJLN said:

Hi @Demise@sandranj@TBoneTX

I hope you are doing well

I had an GC interview based on my vawa approval on 12/21/2021. The officer is very nice and friendly. She took 1 hour to go through the I-485 form and security questions with me then she said that the interview was done and she will contact us if she needs something and if my case is approve, I can see the approval from case status online. However,  my case hasn't been updated until now and I'm very worried. 

Do you think this is normal or do you have any thoughts to share with me?

Thank you very much 

It's been two days like right before the holidays during a time when most people mentally check out of their job. You will get approved once your case crosses a manager's desk and they actually issue the decision. Most ground level IOs don't have the power to straight up approve or deny a case and they just pass it onto the next level up with their observations.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.