2,964 posts in this topic

Thank you everyone for their support. May I ask how long should my personal statement be? Like how many pages?

If I am correct (please correct me if I am wrong); I should explain in my personal statement our whole married life and courtship life? Like how we met what we did where we went etc etc? In very specific details?

Please guide me if there are any resources.

You can PM me also. I would appreciate it.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

Sorry for asking you these questions. 

Which year was that?

Were people waiting more than 10 months to receive Ead/ap approval? or more than 2 months before receiving their receipt of notice of their application?

I think that people are reacting faster depending of the urgency of their cases and also how USCIS are dealing with cases today. 

Too much backlog and to much times taken nowaday to process cases. 

So,I do understand those saying act ASAP.

The process has become very tough today, even to get an EAD/AP.

People were having this card usually 90 days after filing. 

2017 is when I filed, 2019 is when approved.  When I filed was before the DOM which increased the number of applications.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Thank you everyone for their support. May I ask how long should my personal statement be? Like how many pages?

If I am correct (please correct me if I am wrong); I should explain in my personal statement our whole married life and courtship life? Like how we met what we did where we went etc etc? In very specific details?

Please guide me if there are any resources.

You can PM me also. I would appreciate it.

My personal statement was 14 pages

8 hours ago, AN2021 said:

Hello.MY friend has a question:

How long does security check take for vawa? 360 was approved then approval was vacated and reconsider .(it was 2moths ago)when representative contacted to VSC ,  lawyer  received response that :. We will provide you with a decision on this case as soon as possible after the security checks are complete.  

is it possible ? applicant's background is clear and never had any problem. also uscis never asked any RFE  during in processing. 

HAVE YOU EVERE HAD SAME EXPERINECE? thanks 

Do you know why it was reconsidered ? 

11 hours ago, Double said:

Thank you. I initially planned to expect the approval letter in approx. 4 months but I’ve seen recent posts of VAWA approvals in less than 2 months. Wondering if my case requires additional review after the C31 EAD has been issued. 

Contact your congressman. No need to wait as your case has been approved the moment they issued you your EAD. They will get a reply in about 2 weeks stating the same . 

9 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Friends,  I don't see any I-360 November/December 2019 approvals.   What's going on? I have been waiting over 2 years already :(

I have seen 3 to 5 November approvals on this forum. So far nothing from December 2019. I know someone from December got RFE.

I am from December 2019 as well. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Thanks for the response. Can you check your message please? I have sent you something friend. 

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/documents/document_gathering_for_self-petitioning_under_the_violence_against_women_act.pdf

21 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It’s sad that you’re going through all this!but

you can do the following:

1- Gather all your necessary documents e.g marriage cert, pics together, joint bills. 

2- email yourself a copy of all e-media such as bruise pics, threatening messages, etc. change your email password or alternatively make a new one which your spouse does not know. 
3- Pack all necessary belongings in a single suitcase

4- Call police and say you are being abused(at the time it happens). Make sure they make a report.

5- Leave for a shelter.

you will get access to pro-bono immigration attorneys there. Begin filing your VAWA asap. 
6- Send an overnight carrier letter marked “urgent” with all your UScIS case numbers to your field office asking to hold the i485 because you’re going to file VAWA. Better if you still go to the interview and explain to them why you don’t have the letter and show them your online status saying your interview is scheduled( not sure if they will let you attend it, esp of your spouse is there too). 
7- once VAWA is filed, start divorce proceedings 

8- Attend therapy

9- you deserve a life of dignity and honor. Respect yourself enough to walk away

10- @sandranj is a lawyer, she is may take up your case if you request her. Other members like @Demise are very knowledgeable here and are your go-to resources. 
11- You can file for fee waiver for the applications

12- This too shall pass and along with you, we shall all be celebrating your victory whenever it happens. 
13- Good luck and best wishes. Keep on praying and working hard!

Hi,

To which office Hold in Abeyance letter is sent. My interview has not been scheduled yet and the I-130 got withdrawn. Is it sent to the National Benefits Center or Local Field Office. Last I checked 2 weeks ago my case was still at NBC. Appreciate your help and prompt response. Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
23 hours ago, Double said:

Thank you. I initially planned to expect the approval letter in approx. 4 months but I’ve seen recent posts of VAWA approvals in less than 2 months. Wondering if my case requires additional review after the C31 EAD has been issued. 

No review needed, it just delay on USCIS side,

Feb - 18 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765 Filled  ( Vermont )

Feb - 25 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765  Received

Sep - 17 -2019   - I-765 Approved. (C9)

Jun - 20 - 2020  - I-765 Renewal Sent

Sep - 08 - 2020  - I-765 - Approved (C9)

Oct - 15 - 2020  -  RFE Received ( Good Faith Marriage )

Nov - 15 - 2020  - RFE Sent

Mar - 05 - 2021  - EAD Approved ( C31 )

Mar - 05 - 2021  - I-360 Approved 

Mar - 08 - 2021  - I-485 Case Moved to new office. 

May - 25 -2021  - I-360 Approval Notice Arrived

Nov - 12 -2021  - i-693 - Notice to Submit Medical

Nov - 17 -2021  - i-693 - Sent to USCIS 

Dec -16 2021 - I-485 Approved, GC in Production.

Field Office : Long Island, NY

20 minutes ago, perseverance_ said:

Hi,

To which office Hold in Abeyance letter is sent. My interview has not been scheduled yet and the I-130 got withdrawn. Is it sent to the National Benefits Center or Local Field Office. Last I checked 2 weeks ago my case was still at NBC. Appreciate your help and prompt response. Thanks

@Demise , @sandranj or someone more experimented in this family should enlighten us in case of figure.

We're learning a lot everyday though this platform. 

Kindly regards 

Edited by Rhema1

33 minutes ago, perseverance_ said:

Hi,

I think it should be NBC for your files are still there. 

But those more experimented on this forum will give us more clarity.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.