2,964 posts in this topic

EAD/AP concern:

I filed for my extension last May 2020 and my 180 day extension is valid through March 1st. I cannot wait to receive the card and travel but most importantly my job requires verification. Do you guys know how good UCSIC sending EADs before extensions expire? Thanks!

On 12/17/2021 at 9:46 PM, perseverance_ said:

Hi everyone,

I'm at a stage in my life where I have been completely broken. I've been suicidal, depressed, suffering from chronic trauma. I wake up in the middle of the night covered in sweat, and can't sleep because I'm afraid to keep my eyes closed. I started treatment about a month ago and have been taking medications and going through therapy. My spouse left me about month and a half ago and recently I started to gather some strength to speak with an attorney for a vawa case. I'm currently also suffering from Covid and my appointment is scheduled for next week but recently I saw this update on our I-130 application. "Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice was sent" We received your request to withdraw and completed our review. We mailed you withdrawal acknowledgement notice. My spouse had threatened me that they would do this because they wanted to get me kicked out of the country but never told me they would do it. They didn''t inform me about the withdrawal and I just learned about it. Status of my I-485 and I-765 is still unaffected. Can someone please tell me what this means? Is the I-130 withdrawal request under process or it has been withdrawn? and what notice can I expect to receive for my I-485? Also, how much time will I have to file for vawa before I'm put into removal proceedings? I deeply appreciate your help in this most difficult time of my life. Thanks

I'm preparing my own case as I'm not able to afford a lawyer. I need to send this application to the USCIS asap because i130 has been withdrawn and I might be put into removal proceedings if I don't send in my application soon. Good people I ask for your help for some resources/samples that can help me prepare my own affidavit, give me an idea of what letters I need from my friends and family. And since my therapist does not have a prior experience working with vawa victims and hasn't written a detailed psychological report for vawa cases he doesn't know how to write one. Anything I can guide him towards will help immensely as well. Thanks a lot and looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Hello VAWA family, 

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but i want to ask if someone travelled recently internationally with advance parole without being vaccinated and came back to USA without problems? 
I'm planning to visit my family and come back but not sure if i would be allowed to come back since CDC states that US citizen, US permanent resident or immigrant that plans to live in USA are not required to be vaccinated in order to enter USA, am i in the last group immigrant that plans to live in USA ? 
If someone knows please let me know or if you have any source where to find that info? 

Thank you and happy holidays!! 

1 hour ago, perseverance_ said:

I'm preparing my own case as I'm not able to afford a lawyer. I need to send this application to the USCIS asap because i130 has been withdrawn and I might be put into removal proceedings if I don't send in my application soon. Good people I ask for your help for some resources/samples that can help me prepare my own affidavit, give me an idea of what letters I need from my friends and family. And since my therapist does not have a prior experience working with vawa victims and hasn't written a detailed psychological report for vawa cases he doesn't know how to write one. Anything I can guide him towards will help immensely as well. Thanks a lot and looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Great!

Those more experimented on this forum will give great pushups 

For the police reports( good moral character report), you can have it the same day by going in their office. 

For other proofs and documents, people like @Demise may have something to say. 

Kindly regards. 

3 hours ago, 2020filer said:

EAD/AP concern:

I filed for my extension last May 2020 and my 180 day extension is valid through March 1st. I cannot wait to receive the card and travel but most importantly my job requires verification. Do you guys know how good UCSIC sending EADs before extensions expire? Thanks!

I am not really understood when your card is going to expire?

When did you send the renewal?

If you think your job required verification then you can always write to Vermont or reach out to your senator for help.

Edited by balo101

7 minutes ago, bRANKLATA said:

Hello VAWA family, 

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but i want to ask if someone travelled recently internationally with advance parole without being vaccinated and came back to USA without problems? 
I'm planning to visit my family and come back but not sure if i would be allowed to come back since CDC states that US citizen, US permanent resident or immigrant that plans to live in USA are not required to be vaccinated in order to enter USA, am i in the last group immigrant that plans to live in USA ? 
If someone knows please let me know or if you have any source where to find that info? 

Thank you and happy holidays!! 

I came back three months ago. I was not asked any question regarding the vaccine. There was not any issue. 

23 minutes ago, balo101 said:

I came back three months ago. I was not asked any question regarding the vaccine. There was not any issue. 

True. 

You are indeed in the 3rd category. You will board easily with a negative Covid-19 TEST that is no more than 24h. 

That's what I did when coming from Europe. I was not asked any questions in the USA border regards to the vaccine. 

They always take it more serious when boarding.

Edited by Rhema1

28 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Great!

Those more experimented on this forum will give great pushups 

For the police reports( good moral character report), you can have it the same day by going in their office. 

For other proofs and documents, people like @Demise may have something to say. 

Kindly regards. 

Thank you Rhema
I have the police clearance certificate. Hopefully people will respond so I can get help with other things.

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

Thank you

1 hour ago, Rhema1 said:

True. 

You are indeed in the 3rd category. You will board easily with a negative Covid-19 TEST that is no more than 24h. 

That's what I did when coming from Europe. I was not asked any questions in the USA border regards to the vaccine. 

They always take it more serious when boarding.

When did you come back Rhema? 

Thank you

15 minutes ago, bRANKLATA said:

Thank you

When did you come back Rhema? 

Thank you

I came back ending September 2021.

I went out again few days ago. 

You don't have any problem as someone living in the USA under EAD/AP as far as your Covid-19 test is negative and no more than 24hrs. Before it was no more than 72hrs. Even when the border was closed, I traveled several times out and in, with my Combo card. Never had any  problem, only the second verifications that always take less than ten minutes depending of the number of people in front of the immigration officer. 

2 hours ago, balo101 said:

I am not really understood when your card is going to expire?

When did you send the renewal?

If you think your job required verification then you can always write to Vermont or reach out to your senator for help.

The extension given while reviewing actual EAD is expiring March 1st, 2022. Applied for renewal in May 2021.

I didn’t know we can contact senators regarding EADs.

Hi VJers,

I have not heard back whether my I485 was indeed transferred to the 360 instead of the original I130. How can I ask my congressman to make an inquiry for me?

Do I just call the number to reach the congressman office and verbally ask them to reach out or do I need to send a formal letter to the congressman's office?

Thank you for all your help!

1 hour ago, 2020filer said:

The extension given while reviewing actual EAD is expiring March 1st, 2022. Applied for renewal in May 2021.

I didn’t know we can contact senators regarding EADs.

so you have EAD that is expiring in March 2022?

if yes did you send your renewal yet?

What i understood is your EAD is expiring in March 2022. Then you need to send renewal of EAD and you will get extension of 6 months. That means until September 2022 you are fine. Is that correct?

1 hour ago, Travel619 said:

Hi VJers,

I have not heard back whether my I485 was indeed transferred to the 360 instead of the original I130. How can I ask my congressman to make an inquiry for me?

Do I just call the number to reach the congressman office and verbally ask them to reach out or do I need to send a formal letter to the congressman's office?

Thank you for all your help!

its up to you whether you call or contact them through their website. 

They will have you fill out the privacy act form and they will ask your receipt number.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.