2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 12/17/2021 at 3:45 PM, Jorgedig said:

Seems odd, since no one on this thread ever seems to have their case denied.

There have been denials, and appeals filed, they just dont come back and update.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
On 12/18/2021 at 7:43 AM, HustlingStill said:

i30 does not necessarily withdraw EAD , if i485 can be requested to hold then the person will automatically have the EAD valid. i485 is the application that allows the EAD not i30 itself. They both are separate. do not confuse 

They will not hold I-485 without a pending qualifying application.  If I-130 has been withdrawn, and nothing else has been filed, they will deny I-485.  You can always refile when submitting I-360.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Timeline
7 hours ago, shayona said:

Hi everyone

I have received Greencard through VAWA last February-2021 and since then I wanted to visit my family in my home country.  And finally I am with my family after 8 years :) Now coming to the point, I met a guy through family for marriage purpose, and I liked him so much and vice-versa but I don't know about the future if we can live together in USA after marriage.

(1) How long I have to wait to sponsor him greencard?  Can I sponsor him greencard once I will become citizen in 2024? 

(2) If he comes to US with B1/B2 visa and then we get married in USA, is there any issue for getting greencard in future through my sponsorship if he over stays here?  

(3) Is there anyother way I can bring him to USA and we start family life here? 

looking forward for possible solutions to my question, please help me. Thanks.

As a LPR, you have to wait 5 years to file.  You can get married and then file for him, and then when you become a citizen, switch his category.  Why commit immigration fraud with intentional violation of visa overstay.  

2 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

They will not hold I-485 without a pending qualifying application.  If I-130 has been withdrawn, and nothing else has been filed, they will deny I-485.  You can always refile when submitting I-360.

Thanks for your response. Do you think if there's a possibility to file 360 now (after 130 has been withdrawn) and ask them to hold 485? thanks I'm just trying to find a way to not wait another 8-9 months to wait for an EAD.

41 minutes ago, perseverance_ said:

Thanks for your response. Do you think if there's a possibility to file 360 now (after 130 has been withdrawn) and ask them to hold 485? thanks I'm just trying to find a way to not wait another 8-9 months to wait for an EAD.

Sorry for saying something. 

I think, that's what somebody on this platform asked you to do and to act very fast,now that the I-485 is not yet denied. 

Don't waste enough time for nothing if you want to save your current  EAD/AP. 

Go ahead and send to Vermont what you have as qualifying vawa documents. 

After sending it, while waiting for the notice of action receipt to be mailed, send to your USCIS local office a proof that you have started a vawa process. 

The proof for now can be: the copy of your  i-360 form, your I-485 notice and the USPS delivery to Vermont notice and a written letter asking them to put your I-485 on hold. 

I think that, if they are aware of this fact before they denial action, they will reconsider. 

You have nothing to lose  by acting very fast. 

For the main time, you can do it without a lawyer. 

Just send what you have that can qualify you for vawa petitioner. 

Edited by Rhema1

Happy Sunday everyone~

I am a long-time lurker, and I am very grateful for this community as I do not feel alone, and I find the courage to keep on fighting the good fight! ❤️

I finally created an account as I wanted to understand this situation I am in with my I-360 that I filed in January 2020:

I checked my case this morning and my I-360 has an update saying "Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It". For refernce, this is my timeline:

January 2020: I-360 Filed

February 2020: I-360 Receipt Notice /Fee Waived

May 2020: RFE / Evidence of Good Character (Sent on the same month)

August 2020: Prima Facie

June 2021: Change of Address Filed

December 2021: Notice Was Returned to USCIS 

Does anyone here experienced the same situation? If so, please let me know! 

41 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Sorry for saying something. 

I think, that's what somebody on this platform asked you to do and to act very fast,now that the I-485 is not yet denied. 

Don't waste enough time for nothing if you want to save your current  EAD/AP. 

Go ahead and send to Vermont what you have as qualifying vawa documents. 

After sending it, while waiting for the notice of action receipt to be mailed, send to your USCIS local office a proof that you have started a vawa process. 

The proof for now can be: the copy of your  i-360 form, your I-485 notice and the USPS delivery to Vermont notice and a written letter asking them to put your I-485 on hold. 

I think that, if they are aware of this fact before they denial action, they will reconsider. 

You have nothing to lose  by acting very fast. 

For the main time, you can do it without a lawyer. 

Just send what you have that can qualify you for vawa petitioner. 

Thanks a lot for your advice. I want to send in the I-360 as soon as possible but I don't have the documents related to my therapy and psych eval yet. Also, it'll take me some time to get my personal statement ready and getting affidavits and good moral character letters. My worry is if I send the I-360 in whatever documents I have right now, I won't be able to submit additional documents later and it will be a weak case. Don't you think that would be an issue?

41 minutes ago, perseverance_ said:

Thanks a lot for your advice. I want to send in the I-360 as soon as possible but I don't have the documents related to my therapy and psych eval yet. Also, it'll take me some time to get my personal statement ready and getting affidavits and good moral character letters. My worry is if I send the I-360 in whatever documents I have right now, I won't be able to submit additional documents later and it will be a weak case. Don't you think that would be an issue?

Even what you think is a strong case today can become a weak case tomorrow. If you have qualifying documents send them. If they need more, they we send you a RFE.

You're doing this now because of the urgency of the situation. 

Some people has been approved without any therapists report. 

That's is my humble advice.

Those more experimented on this forum will you they own insights. 

But start something as soon as possible and let your field office aware of it. 

31 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Even what you think is a strong case today can become a weak case tomorrow. If you have qualifying documents send them. If they need more, they Will  send you a RFE.

You're doing this now because of the urgency of the situation. 

Some people has been approved without any therapists report. 

That's  my humble advice.

Those more experimented on this forum will give you their own insights. 

But start something as soon as possible and let your field office be aware of it. 

Edited by Rhema1

3 hours ago, honeybadger3 said:

Happy Sunday everyone~

I am a long-time lurker, and I am very grateful for this community as I do not feel alone, and I find the courage to keep on fighting the good fight! ❤️

I finally created an account as I wanted to understand this situation I am in with my I-360 that I filed in January 2020:

I checked my case this morning and my I-360 has an update saying "Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It". For refernce, this is my timeline:

January 2020: I-360 Filed

February 2020: I-360 Receipt Notice /Fee Waived

May 2020: RFE / Evidence of Good Character (Sent on the same month)

August 2020: Prima Facie

June 2021: Change of Address Filed

December 2021: Notice Was Returned to USCIS 

Does anyone here experienced the same situation? If so, please let me know! 

I never had that experience. What was your RFE for? 

7 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

As a LPR, you have to wait 5 years to file.  You can get married and then file for him, and then when you become a citizen, switch his category.  Why commit immigration fraud with intentional violation of visa overstay.  

if her ex husband is US citizen shes eligible in 3 years to file for citizenship 

On 12/17/2021 at 9:38 PM, anita21 said:

CARD FINALLY IN HAND.>>YAY!!!!!..I HAVE ALREADY BOOKED MY FLIGHT LOL

My journey is finally over

this is a 2/3 years of exreme anxiety of depression.

eversince i got my card im feeling an internally healing in me.

-

2years ago i was in a nightmare.. this thread gave me hope. God bless everyone helping people here.. esp Sandra and the rest.

This place is a place of refuge.

I will try my best to always come back to answers questions as best as i can.

I know someone here is wishing to be like me right now.  i want to encourage you that your time will come. believe me i never thought i would see this day...  2yrs ago i couldnt even visualize it but God made it possible becuase He hads broken the gate of brass.

God bless everyone...PEACE!

Congrats!!!!!!! 

On 12/18/2021 at 10:49 AM, marcoisland777 said:

congratulations! God is good, so happy for you,

can you please share if you had interview or was it waived? did you have to send i693 medical report?

hi..yes i did have an interview in chicago but it was basic demographics and yes/no answers. i took my i693 to interview

vawa applied 2019 sept

vawa aproval may 2021

interview dec 2021 card in hand 1week later

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's still Sunday somewhere, so therefore we're not late with our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================

THE BLONDE FLIGHT ATTENDANT

An airline captain was helping a new blonde flight attendant prepare for her first overnight trip.  Upon their arrival, the captain showed the flight attendant the best place for airline personnel to eat, shop, and stay overnight.

The next morning, as the pilot was preparing the crew for the day's route, he noticed that the new attendant was missing.  He knew which room she was in at the hotel, so he called her, wondering what had happened to her.

She answered the phone in distress, and she said that she couldn't get out of her room.

"You can't get out of your room?" the captain asked.  "Why not?"

"There are only three doors in here," the girl groaned.  "One leads to the bathroom, one leads to the closet, and one has a sign on it that says 'Do Not Disturb!'"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline
20 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.