2,964 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm at a stage in my life where I have been completely broken. I've been suicidal, depressed, suffering from chronic trauma. I wake up in the middle of the night covered in sweat, and can't sleep because I'm afraid to keep my eyes closed. I started treatment about a month ago and have been taking medications and going through therapy. My spouse left me about month and a half ago and recently I started to gather some strength to speak with an attorney for a vawa case. I'm currently also suffering from Covid and my appointment is scheduled for next week but recently I saw this update on our I-130 application. "Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice was sent" We received your request to withdraw and completed our review. We mailed you withdrawal acknowledgement notice. My spouse had threatened me that they would do this because they wanted to get me kicked out of the country but never told me they would do it. They didn''t inform me about the withdrawal and I just learned about it. Status of my I-485 and I-765 is still unaffected. Can someone please tell me what this means? Is the I-130 withdrawal request under process or it has been withdrawn? and what notice can I expect to receive for my I-485? Also, how much time will I have to file for vawa before I'm put into removal proceedings? I deeply appreciate your help in this most difficult time of my life. Thanks

1 hour ago, perseverance_ said:

Hi everyone,

I'm at a stage in my life where I have been completely broken. I've been suicidal, depressed, suffering from chronic trauma. I wake up in the middle of the night covered in sweat, and can't sleep because I'm afraid to keep my eyes closed. I started treatment about a month ago and have been taking medications and going through therapy. My spouse left me about month and a half ago and recently I started to gather some strength to speak with an attorney for a vawa case. I'm currently also suffering from Covid and my appointment is scheduled for next week but recently I saw this update on our I-130 application. "Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice was sent" We received your request to withdraw and completed our review. We mailed you withdrawal acknowledgement notice. My spouse had threatened me that they would do this because they wanted to get me kicked out of the country but never told me they would do it. They didn''t inform me about the withdrawal and I just learned about it. Status of my I-485 and I-765 is still unaffected. Can someone please tell me what this means? Is the I-130 withdrawal request under process or it has been withdrawn? and what notice can I expect to receive for my I-485? Also, how much time will I have to file for vawa before I'm put into removal proceedings? I deeply appreciate your help in this most difficult time of my life. Thanks

What did your lawyer say about vawa? In the mean time start to gather documents you can in case you have a vawa case per lawyer. Bills together, taxes together, joint lease, proof of his citizenship or gc, start to write you affidavit little by little. 

21 minutes ago, luminarc said:

What did your lawyer say about vawa? In the mean time start to gather documents you can in case you have a vawa case per lawyer. Bills together, taxes together, joint lease, proof of his citizenship or gc, start to write you affidavit little by little. 

Consultation is next week. Can you provide any resources as to writing an affidavit? Also, any idea as to any of the above questions? thanks a lot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, anita21 said:

CARD FINALLY IN HAND.>>YAY!!!!!

You deserve to feel great!  :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

8 hours ago, Blaze54 said:

If your i-30 was withdrawn, your i-485 will automatically be denied and your ead revoked.

I know you feel depressed but you have to act fast, put evidences together and file vawa, If possible before the letter get to you.

You will be put in removal proceedings if you do nothing fast, but once you  file vawa you will be untouchable untill decision is made.

Withdrawal of your i-30 and threatening to kick you out of the country can be regarded as extreme cruelty and can be added to other abuse you suffered to build a solid case.

Act fast and don't give up.

See a psychologist and ask for a report

Draft a declaration 

Get an fbi background check or police report from you county

Get pictures of you both together,pictures of dinner dates and trips, wedding pictures, pictures with family and friends.

Take declaration from your friend and pastor of whom you told about the abuse.

4 passport photos

If you are not motivated enough consult a lawyer. 

Keep the process from your spouse.

I wish you Goodluck....

i30 does not necessarily withdraw EAD , if i485 can be requested to hold then the person will automatically have the EAD valid. i485 is the application that allows the EAD not i30 itself. They both are separate. do not confuse 

16 minutes ago, HustlingStill said:

i30 does not necessarily withdraw EAD , if i485 can be requested to hold then the person will automatically have the EAD valid. i485 is the application that allows the EAD not i30 itself. They both are separate. do not confuse 

Read the post from perseverance.

Was it stated anywhere the hold was requested?.

It state i-30 was withdrawn.

Can a requested to hold i-485 happen without filling a vawa?

What are you saying?

You are the one confusing him.

He has to file something before putting the i-485 on hold.

If he/she doesn't file that vawa, ead will be revoked because the i-485 will automatically be denied.

Why because, the i-130 has been withdrawn.

The more reason i said file vawa fast.

Edited by Blaze54

6 minutes ago, Blaze54 said:

What are you saying?

If he/she doesn't file that vawa, ead will be revoked because the i-485 will automatically be denied.

you did not clear those facts to the post instead you just stated about how the i485 will be denied as well !! not here to argue 

14 hours ago, anita21 said:

CARD FINALLY IN HAND.>>YAY!!!!!..I HAVE ALREADY BOOKED MY FLIGHT LOL

My journey is finally over

this is a 2/3 years of exreme anxiety of depression.

eversince i got my card im feeling an internally healing in me.

-

2years ago i was in a nightmare.. this thread gave me hope. God bless everyone helping people here.. esp Sandra and the rest.

This place is a place of refuge.

I will try my best to always come back to answers questions as best as i can.

I know someone here is wishing to be like me right now.  i want to encourage you that your time will come. believe me i never thought i would see this day...  2yrs ago i couldnt even visualize it but God made it possible becuase He hads broken the gate of brass.

God bless everyone...PEACE!

congratulations! God is good, so happy for you,

can you please share if you had interview or was it waived? did you have to send i693 medical report?

3 hours ago, Blaze54 said:

What are you saying?

3 hours ago, HustlingStill said:

you did not clear those facts to the post instead you just stated about how the i485 will be denied as well !! not here to argue 

Guys I deeply appreciate both of you, and your comments. Do you guys know how long do I have until get the 485 denial? 130 was withdrawn a couple of days ago. Also, once I get the denial will I be put directly in the removal proceedings or will I get some time to leave the country in the denial? Also, Blaze54, you stated that I should file vawa before I get the letter, do you mean the denial letter? and what would be the negative effects of filing after receiving the letter? because even when the status of 485 changes online, I would be on the notice that my 485 has ben denied right? regardless of notice being in my hand. I'm sorry I'm a little confused. Does filing vawa after denial look bad? Again, I appreciate you guys.

Also, won't I need to file a concurrent 360+485 now since 130 is withdrawn? How can I hold my current 485 in abeyance because 130 was never approved? thanks

Edited by perseverance_

31 minutes ago, perseverance_ said:

Guys I deeply appreciate both of you, and your comments. Do you guys know how long do I have until get the 485 denial? 130 was withdrawn a couple of days ago. Also, once I get the denial will I be put directly in the removal proceedings or will I get some time to leave the country in the denial? Also, Blaze54, you stated that I should file vawa before I get the letter, do you mean the denial letter? and what would be the negative effects of filing after receiving the letter? because even when the status of 485 changes online, I would be on the notice that my 485 has ben denied right? regardless of notice being in my hand. I'm sorry I'm a little confused. Does filing vawa after denial look bad? Again, I appreciate you guys.

Also, won't I need to file a concurrent 360+485 now since 130 is withdrawn? How can I hold my current 485 in abeyance because 130 was never approved? thanks

1. Nobody can tell how long before i-485 denial come, but once it comes u may be given about 33 days or so (the last time I checked) to leave the United States or put in removal proceedings. 

2. Yes I meant file before you get the denial letter.  If you file before the denial, You should be able to send a letter of Abeyance based on pending i-360 to Uscis and this will put a hold on  the denial of I-485, and then you can continue to use your work permit and renew.

3. The negative effect after receiving the letter is that you will have to pay $1,225 again and you have to apply for new work permit,which means you will not be able to work for

months. Work permit is taking a long time now.

4. You will be sent a letter when i-485 is denied.

5. Filling vawa after denial will only cost you more and may land you in immigration court.

I am not a lawyer, I only know a little please Speak to an attorney.

Edited by Blaze54

14 minutes ago, Blaze54 said:

1. Nobody can tell how long before i-485 denial come, but once it comes u may be given about 33 days or so (the last time I checked) to leave the United States. 

2. Yes I meant file before you get the denial letter.  If you file before the denial, You should be able to send a letter of Abeyance based on pending i-360 to Uscis and this will put a hold on  the denial of I-485, and then you can continue to use your work permit and renew.

3. The negative effect after receiving the letter is that you will have to pay $1,225 again and you have to apply for new work permit,which means you will not be able to work for

months. Work permit is taking a long time now.

4. You will be sent a letter when i-485 is denied.

5. Filling vawa after denial will only cost you more and may land you in immigration court.

I am not a lawyer, I only know a little please Speak to an attorney.

Thank you so much for your help. I will be speaking with an attorney next week and discuss all my options. They quoted about 12k for the case, I don't know if I'll be able to afford that so I'm also thinking of filing it on my own. 

1. I did not know about the option to file just the I-360 and then ask the USCIS to hold the 485 in abeyance. I still haven't received the work permit from my family-based AOS so I don't know how that's going to work.

2. Do you think I would be put in removal if I file within that 33 window?

3. If I ned to file the case on my own do you know where I can find resources to help me? like sample affidavits, declarations, good moral character letters etc that i can get from my friends.

4. Also, I started taking medication for my ptsd and depression about a month ago, and recently got my psych eval done. My first therapy session was this Friday. All this is being done through my state govt. program and I don't know how detailed their reports would be. Do you have any insight as to how I should coordinate with my therapist regarding this and what kind of psych reports I will need?

Edited by perseverance_

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone

I have received Greencard through VAWA last February-2021 and since then I wanted to visit my family in my home country.  And finally I am with my family after 8 years :) Now coming to the point, I met a guy through family for marriage purpose, and I liked him so much and vice-versa but I don't know about the future if we can live together in USA after marriage.

(1) How long I have to wait to sponsor him greencard?  Can I sponsor him greencard once I will become citizen in 2024? 

(2) If he comes to US with B1/B2 visa and then we get married in USA, is there any issue for getting greencard in future through my sponsorship if he over stays here?  

(3) Is there anyother way I can bring him to USA and we start family life here? 

looking forward for possible solutions to my question, please help me. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.