2,964 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, balo101 said:

if you file for VAWA then you can apply for EAD as long you have pending i-485.

However, in your case since you filed i-751. i would say wait for @Demiseand @sandranjto answer.

So right now I have an extension letter but now I have to switch to either Vawa or divorce waiver. But I am not ready for a divorce, emotionally and a lot of cultural stuff is involved. I spoke with three attorneys and they said I should convert it to Vawa but other people here said I shouldn't

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey group I did Apply for my  Ead  January this year First time  I haven heard anything since that !

Vawa Approved already anyone on the same situation 

Edited by Oldbrother

6 minutes ago, Oldbrother said:

Hey group I did Apply for my  Ead  January this year First time  I haven heard anything since that !

Vawa Approved already anyone on the same situation 

when did you VAWA approved? 

After VAWA approved did you get EAD?

Have you opened service request for your EAD or contacted congress/senator. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, ThatImmigrant said:

I filed for i751 jointly with my Spouse but I might have to switch to a waiver and three attorneys told me that I should go for extreme cruelty.

There isn't a category called a VAWA waiver.  You have already been issued your conditional Green Card, therefore to Remove your conditions, you can either file a divorce waiver or extreme cruelty waiver.  It will be easier to just file for divorce and file the divorce waiver.   

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, balo101 said:

when did you VAWA approved? 

After VAWA approved did you get EAD?

Have you opened service request for your EAD or contacted congress/senator. 

July 2020 never got one after approved

How do I ask for the service request ?

How to contact my congress Im in Boston 

Just now, Pinkrlion said:

There isn't a category called a VAWA waiver.  You have already been issued your conditional Green Card, therefore to Remove your conditions, you can either file a divorce waiver or extreme cruelty waiver.  It will be easier to just file for divorce and file the divorce waiver.   

Yes extreme cruelty like I mentioned later. 

Just now, Oldbrother said:

July 2020 never got one after approved

How do I ask for the service request ?

How to contact my congress Im in Boston 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

this is a link for service request.

google with with your zip code "who is my senator?

you should be able to find one. just contact them and let them know your situation.

do you have pending i-485?

27 minutes ago, balo101 said:

congratulations.

Would you mind tell us what date exactly they received in March and did your AP approve as well?

Thank you, uscis received the application in March 29, 2021. As of now the advance parole shows case is received. No update on that. I will wait an see in the coming days .I might have an update on that.

Edited by Zizigragnon

Timeline
Just now, ThatImmigrant said:

How long it took for Vawa to approve. What evidence did you have? Did you hire an attorney?

You cannot file VAWA you already have a Green Card.  PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE VAWA with REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS OF YOUR GREEN CARD.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ThatImmigrant said:

Yes by that I meant extreme cruelty. Sorry my bad

You will have to join the Removal of Conditions (ROC) Thread to ask your questions.  NO ONE here has filed extreme cruelty related to ROC.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, balo101 said:

What would be the option for someone like that?

There is an extreme cruelty waiver for those to ROC.  

If you are filing as an individual because you and/or your conditional resident child were battered or subjected to extreme cruelty, submit: 1. Evidence of the abuse, such as copies of reports or official records issued by police, courts, medical personnel, school officials, clergy, social workers, and other social service agency personnel. You may also submit any legal documents relating to an order of protection against the abuser or relating to any legal steps you may have taken to end the abuse. You may also submit evidence that you sought safe haven in a shelter for the abused or similar refuge, as well as photographs evidencing your injuries; and 2. A copy of your divorce decree, if your marriage was terminated by divorce on grounds of physical abuse or extreme cruelty.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.