2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/3/2021 at 2:14 AM, NiceGuyXLE said:

Its been a while since i was here, im a 2018 October filler and still nothing happened...crickets

Lawyer saying need to wait... paid twice for a work permit application due to her saying that some rules changed and 2 years so far and nothing, all i hear is that need to wait and if she will have news for me she will be the one reaching out to inform and pretty much not to bug her with this type of question. 

I asked the lawyer recently if we are doing everything possible to somehow maybe expedite or at least get a freaking answer it just cant be only silence for that long... lately thinking more and more of just call it a good 15 year journey in us and just move to a different country in europe and leave everything behind...

Anyone here in same situation like mine?

By the way congratulations to everyone on their applications!

Contact your congress person to inquire on your behalf, if someone can't afford to pay the USCIS fees  then the person just needs to file a fee waiver I-912, your attorney  has no clue about VAWA Law.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/2/2021 at 4:25 PM, Aadi135 said:

Hello All,

Sorry this question must have been asked multiple time before, but i was not able to find information.

What documents we need to sent along with 765/131 renewal? I saw one guys sent without photos and got approved, that is odd to me. 

Docs i gathered so far 

1. 765/131 form, (131 i did not see place to check/tick renewal) signed

2. Current C09 EAD copy front and back, 

3. 485/360 copy

4. Passport and I-94 copy. 

5. Letter got with current EAD/AP

6. 4 Passport photos, 

Shall i keep copies separate for 765 and then 131 or is it okay if i sent only one copy for both? Am i missing any other document?

You need to submit a copy of the I-485,copy of the I-94 as well.if you had the fees waived then you have to submit form I-912. Submit  form G1145.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Thanks for this enlightening answer. 

That's why in order to keep your current  EAD/AP active, we need to endeavor to keep our current I-485 ON HOLD while going through the vawa process.

Am I correct?

I will always advocate for you to request it to be on hold, however, if the IO does not (they do not have to) what are other options.  Look at the BIG picture and not the small window.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
40 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Once they approve your VAWA you will receive the work permit category C31,they won't renew category C9 after Vawa approval.

Thank you @sandranj but can i renew my C09 after i receive C31? Lets say they issue me C31 and cancel my C09 renewal request, can i still re-submit C09 after they issue me C31 and deny my current c09 renewal in process?  God bless you 

25 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You need to submit a copy of the I-485,copy of the I-94 as well.if you had the fees waived then you have to submit form I-912. Submit  form G1145.

Thank you, i paid the fees, I will have these copies as well. I submitted G1145 but never received any update/notification on that form. still will add it. Thank you, god bless you, 

2 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Not true.... Once your I-485 is denied, your EAD is automatically revoked.  Will your employer check to see if it had been revoked before it expires, not likely.  However, in a situation where you have your EAD as proof of being able to be in the country and work, it won't work.  

Well dear, I am just telling my experience cause I went through the same issue and even though it was denied and revoked I kept my job and luckily I got another ead right on time. Employer didn't check and make a big deal as you mentioned.. That's what I just mean my friend.

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Your information is incorrect, once form I-485 is denied the work permit and advance parole become null and void.

I got that and I agree.  What I just meant in my case, my employer didn't check and terminate my job. I worked few months and I got another work authorization through vawa and I updated that with my employer. Just saying the employer may not realize and you will still work until they find out and request an update.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

So I received my I360 approval notice today. My I485 was filed in Feb 2020, and it was transferred to NBC in Oct 2020 for "faster processing." . @Demise and others, do I need to do anything else to get I485 processing rolling at this point? Do I need to send NBC a copy of the I360 approval notice or something? 

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

15 minutes ago, shiva32 said:

So I received my I360 approval notice today. My I485 was filed in Feb 2020, and it was transferred to NBC in Oct 2020 for "faster processing." . @Demise and others, do I need to do anything else to get I485 processing rolling at this point? Do I need to send NBC a copy of the I360 approval notice or something? 

congratulations. 

No you do not need to do anything or send anything. 

Just for them to either send you medical request or schedule an interview. 

2 hours ago, shiva32 said:

Nope. Just wait, you do not have to notify anyone of anything for the process to move along at its normal glacial pace.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

@sandranj @Demise

Please give me an advice. I will have an interview based on vawa approval in the end of December. Recently I'm staying at the address on file but I have also stayed at another address which closed to my work. Both addresses in the same state but they are in different cities with a distance around 2hr driving. I plan to provide the interview officer with the additional address closed to my work. Do you think it is fine for me to update the office with the additional address since both of them are my current addresses? Thank you

43 minutes ago, SJLN said:

@sandranj @Demise

Please give me an advice. I will have an interview based on vawa approval in the end of December. Recently I'm staying at the address on file but I have also stayed at another address which closed to my work. Both addresses in the same state but they are in different cities with a distance around 2hr driving. I plan to provide the interview officer with the additional address closed to my work. Do you think it is fine for me to update the office with the additional address since both of them are my current addresses? Thank you

Yes go ahead and tell them. They probably won't probe further but if they do just explain the situation like you have here and you'll be fine. Having two concurrent addresses is a bit uncommon but it's not a red flag if you can justify it (e.g. I primarily live at A, but B is closer to my job so I stay there a lot).

Moreover, addresses aren't really a factor with VAWA cases, if this was a marriage based case then you'd need to do some explaining since there's an expectation (but not a hard requirement) that spouses live together.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

1 hour ago, Demise said:

Yes go ahead and tell them. They probably won't probe further but if they do just explain the situation like you have here and you'll be fine. Having two concurrent addresses is a bit uncommon but it's not a red flag if you can justify it (e.g. I primarily live at A, but B is closer to my job so I stay there a lot).

Moreover, addresses aren't really a factor with VAWA cases, if this was a marriage based case then you'd need to do some explaining since there's an expectation (but not a hard requirement) that spouses live together.

Thank you very much for your advice. I will update my additional address to the officer.

Hey vj family. I am responding to a NOID I received. I don't have many pictures with me. USCIS is questioning the pictures I submitted that they are insufficient and taken on one place. How should I explain this ? My ex went with all the pictures in her phone and many pictures in my phones were just deleting themselves, I don't know what wrong with my phone. Also, I don't trust my lawyer, she seems not experienced in NOID. What should I do?

. @Demise. @sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.