2,964 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, RKE said:

Please is there any different between security checks and background checks? five months ago I put in an inquiry on my I-360 via senator's office, they responded pending security checks and  I put another inquiry again they just responded pending background checks. Please I appreciate your response in advance, Thanks.    

I hope this clarifies…….  ”USCIS Background Security Checks. All applicants who seek immigration benefits are subject to USCIS security checks. Such background investigation is designed to screen out criminals and national security threats during the immigration process.”     Basically means the same thing.😊👍

1 hour ago, Aadi135 said:

Seems we can send renewal to different NBC's then, i am confuse where to send mine, I will be submitting my renewal in Jan this year

@balo101, @Stillwinning!!!😊 @FeDaniela Darn, seems i am in trouble, i moved 29 times, i kept my cousins address for my F-1 mails, and USCIS has that on record while i was in different state for sometime, am i in trouble when they will do the background check? I stated in my statement for VAWA that i moved a lot and i kept my cousins address for my F-1. I was honest in my statement. 

I moved some too…but not 29 times 😊 like USCIS advices, update your address each time you move.👍

15 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

Hello, I have a question regarding the EAD renewal. All my documents were in VSC. I am waiting for my interview. I360 is approved on September 2019. Now I received and gave a fingerprint from NBC. Does this mean I have to send my EAD renewal to NBC instead of VSC? Thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊

I mostly did my renewals when my VAWA was still pending, and sent all docs to VSC. VSC will always forward to NBC…don’t know how it is now but in my time, all docs went straight to VSC as long as you are petitioning via VAWA.👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I hope this clarifies…….  ”USCIS Background Security Checks. All applicants who seek immigration benefits are subject to USCIS security checks. Such background investigation is designed to screen out criminals and national security threats during the immigration process.”     Basically means the same thing.😊👍

Thanks

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, Zizigragnon said:

Well i think it's depend. If you are already using that ead to work , you can still be able to work til expiration date even though i485 is denied. I run into issue like this before and kept working. fortunately I got another ead before the old one expired. 

Not true.... Once your I-485 is denied, your EAD is automatically revoked.  Will your employer check to see if it had been revoked before it expires, not likely.  However, in a situation where you have your EAD as proof of being able to be in the country and work, it won't work.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Seems we can send renewal to different NBC's then, i am confuse where to send mine, I will be submitting my renewal in Jan this year

@balo101, @Stillwinning!!!😊 @FeDaniela Darn, seems i am in trouble, i moved 29 times, i kept my cousins address for my F-1 mails, and USCIS has that on record while i was in different state for sometime, am i in trouble when they will do the background check? I stated in my statement for VAWA that i moved a lot and i kept my cousins address for my F-1. I was honest in my statement. 

They will only transfer your application to VSC for processing.  So why go through the additional wait time, and just send it to VSC.

It is OK to have a mailing address, but for your background checks that you need to submit will have to be from every state that you lived in regardless of your mailing address. 

6 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Not true.... Once your I-485 is denied, your EAD is automatically revoked.  Will your employer check to see if it had been revoked before it expires, not likely.  However, in a situation where you have your EAD as proof of being able to be in the country and work, it won't work.  

True.

Timeline

I just saw this on another thread. 

ALERT: Effective December 9, 2021, USCIS is temporarily waiving the requirement that the civil surgeon sign the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693) no more than 60 days before the date the applicant files an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485). It is still in the best interest of applicants to undergo the immigration medical examination close to the time of filing the Form I-485, as the Form I-693 only retains its evidentiary value for 2 years from the date of the civil surgeon s signature. After the 2-year timeframe, the applicant would need to submit a new Form I-693 if USCIS has not adjudicated the Form I-485. This temporary waiver is effective until September 30, 2022.

50 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Thanks for this enlightening answer. 

That's why in order to keep your current  EAD/AP active, we need to endeavor to keep our current I-485 ON HOLD while going through the vawa process.

Am I correct?

Edited by Rhema1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I mostly did my renewals when my VAWA was still pending, and sent all docs to VSC. VSC will always forward to NBC…don’t know how it is now but in my time, all docs went straight to VSC as long as you are petitioning via VAWA.👍

It happened other way around for my friend. He sent his 485/765/131/130 to MSC when he was married then filed vawa and sent 360 receipt to MSC when he got RFE for 485 asking them to hold his 485., after 5-6 months just now got update that his 485/765/131 has moved to VSC and now his case is under their office. He is still waiting for EAD/AP, not sure if he need to raise request to approve his EAD/AP or they will do by default.  

2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I moved some too…but not 29 times 😊 like USCIS advices, update your address each time you move.👍

It was pre-vawa, when i was on F-1 i dont know if that will come back and bite me. Thank you Stillwinning

3 hours ago, balo101 said:

You will be fine since VAWA requires you to have a safe address and you mentioned in your statement as well. 

Thank you, no i moved even before i filed VAWA, problem is when i was dating my abuser i still had my cousin;s address in the statement i explained them, not sure if i will get another RFE or NIOD  Thank you @balo101

39 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

They will only transfer your application to VSC for processing.  So why go through the additional wait time, and just send it to VSC.

It is OK to have a mailing address, but for your background checks that you need to submit will have to be from every state that you lived in regardless of your mailing address. 

True, Thank you, even though it is taking time i will stick with VSC, i got my EAD through them so i am sure it is right address to send my renewal as well. Thank you @Pinkrlion god bless you  

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/1/2021 at 1:03 PM, Aadi135 said:

@TBoneTX Couldn't resist to post joke here. Missed you when read this joke. 

Hi Family, hope everyone doing great. 

Have a question, My EAD/AP expiring in May 2022. I will be filing renewal in Jan 2022. I filed my VAWA in May 2020. Now, If my VAWA will get approved before C-09 EAD/AP approval, will they reject my EAD/AP with C09? If they reject my renewal and VAWA will get approve, can i still file for renewal of C09 later? C-31 do not provide AP. TIA, god bless you, May god give strength to all of us in process. 

Bless you all @sandranj, @Demise, Perk, @shiva, and all those helping us in need, are gods favorite child. ❤️ 

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-01 at 12.31.41 PM.jpeg

Once they approve your VAWA you will receive the work permit category C31,they won't renew category C9 after Vawa approval.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Zizigragnon said:

Well i think it's depend. If you are already using that ead to work , you can still be able to work til expiration date even though i485 is denied. I run into issue like this before and kept working. fortunately I got another ead before the old one expired. 

Your information is incorrect, once form I-485 is denied the work permit and advance parole become null and void.

Timeline
On 12/7/2021 at 10:03 AM, Hanieta said:

Hi guys, please help me 

I don't know how to prove my abusers citizenship, he was born in FL.

I have photos of his SSN and DL.

He didn't register to vote so I can't check there. And Florida birth records are not public information.

PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT I SHOULD DO PLEASE HELP ME 🙏 

Get a copy of his birth certificate through vital records.

Timeline
On 12/6/2021 at 5:28 PM, Samuel89 said:

Hello my family,

My interview for form I-130 is scheduled for 14/12/21 and am about to put in my VAWA application before then.

Please, I need your advice and experience to know If I should go to the interview or NOT because my wife won't go. I will submit my VAWA application after the interview ( 12/29/2021) 

You must go to the interview,  ask the officer to put your I-485 on hold and explain that you will file a VAWA case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.