2,964 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Zizigragnon said:

Aadi135 my lawyer assistant sent the renewal to NBC(just to clarify MSC is the code for NBC). I was worried cause I thought it goes to VSC but she assured me it won't have a negative impact. I already received my receipts (EAD+Advance Parole) , and last status was they reused my fingerprints and apply to the case. So I guess it is still processing.  I tried to submit an inquiry online but i got a notice saying I am still under processing time. 

Hello, I have a question regarding the EAD renewal. All my documents were in VSC. I am waiting for my interview. I360 is approved on September 2019. Now I received and gave a fingerprint from NBC. Does this mean I have to send my EAD renewal to NBC instead of VSC? Thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We badly need another Semiweekly Joke, it seems.  It will have to wait until Thursday. :girlwerewolf2xn:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, Lola_lalo said:

Hello, I have a question regarding the EAD renewal. All my documents were in VSC. I am waiting for my interview. I360 is approved on September 2019. Now I received and gave a fingerprint from NBC. Does this mean I have to send my EAD renewal to NBC instead of VSC? Thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊

To be honest I am not sure where you need to send your renewal package in your case but I assume it will go where your current file is. 

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

The processing time has gone back to July 2019 from August 16.

USCIS is really working backward.

From what they told my congress person, they were working on August 2019, but you never know.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/7/2021 at 8:45 AM, balo101 said:

It is hard to tell how long does it take. 

Please is there any different between security checks and background checks? five months ago I put in an inquiry on my I-360 via senator's office, they responded pending security checks and  I put another inquiry again they just responded pending background checks. Please I appreciate your response in advance, Thanks.    

1 hour ago, RKE said:

Please is there any different between security checks and background checks? five months ago I put in an inquiry on my I-360 via senator's office, they responded pending security checks and  I put another inquiry again they just responded pending background checks. Please I appreciate your response in advance, Thanks.    

my understanding is that 

In the background check they verify all the information on your application. and security check done by FBI to confirm if you are not threat to national security/criminal history etc.  

11 hours ago, luminarc said:

From what they told my congress person, they were working on August 2019, but you never know.

until yesterday morning the USCIS website was showing Aug 16, 2021 and since they updated it went back to July.

We have seen few November 2019 approval. That means they are working on November. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, balo101 said:

my understanding is that 

In the background check they verify all the information on your application. and security check done by FBI to confirm if you are not threat to national security/criminal history etc.  

Thanks. Is it normal to get two different responses like my? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
17 hours ago, Zizigragnon said:

Aadi135 my lawyer assistant sent the renewal to NBC(just to clarify MSC is the code for NBC). I was worried cause I thought it goes to VSC but she assured me it won't have a negative impact. I already received my receipts (EAD+Advance Parole) , and last status was they reused my fingerprints and apply to the case. So I guess it is still processing.  I tried to submit an inquiry online but i got a notice saying I am still under processing time. 

Seems we can send renewal to different NBC's then, i am confuse where to send mine, I will be submitting my renewal in Jan this year

50 minutes ago, balo101 said:

my understanding is that 

@balo101, @Stillwinning!!!😊 @FeDaniela Darn, seems i am in trouble, i moved 29 times, i kept my cousins address for my F-1 mails, and USCIS has that on record while i was in different state for sometime, am i in trouble when they will do the background check? I stated in my statement for VAWA that i moved a lot and i kept my cousins address for my F-1. I was honest in my statement. 

4 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Seems we can send renewal to different NBC's then, i am confuse where to send mine, I will be submitting my renewal in Jan this year

@balo101, @Stillwinning!!!😊 @FeDaniela Darn, seems i am in trouble, i moved 29 times, i kept my cousins address for my F-1 mails, and USCIS has that on record while i was in different state for sometime, am i in trouble when they will do the background check? I stated in my statement for VAWA that i moved a lot and i kept my cousins address for my F-1. I was honest in my statement. 

You will be fine since VAWA requires you to have a safe address and you mentioned in your statement as well. 

1 hour ago, RD31 said:

Has anyone submitted medicals with covid waiver. What was the outcome and the reason provided 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-9-part-d-chapter-3 Please read policy for more information on how to proceed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.