2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Serbia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

It’s very easy just right the state name with election record on google and you will get all the information 

:( i just tried and it says this on there website.

NOTICE: NYS Election Law Sec 3-103(5) prohibits using information derived from voter registration records for non-election purposes. The applicant hereby requests access to the voter registration records requested, accepts and understands the conditions outlined above and certifies that they have a right of access to the records. Any person who knowingly and willfully violates this provision is guilty of a misdemeanor (EL SEC 17-168)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hanieta said:

:( i just tried and it says this on there website.

NOTICE: NYS Election Law Sec 3-103(5) prohibits using information derived from voter registration records for non-election purposes. The applicant hereby requests access to the voter registration records requested, accepts and understands the conditions outlined above and certifies that they have a right of access to the records. Any person who knowingly and willfully violates this provision is guilty of a misdemeanor (EL SEC 17-168)

Election record is a public record just enter the data of your spouse and you will get the result 

1 hour ago, Hanieta said:

He didn't register to vote      :'((((((((((   

Mostly, try with the driving license option. 

I did the first time and it said the same thing as yours. But when I go with the driving license number and the day of birth option, I had all the informations. 

Thanks. 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:26 PM, Rhema1 said:

Hi 

You're in the same situation I was in 2020.

My 2nd interview was scheduled and I was sure that my spouse will not attend. 

Knowing fully well that this interview was highly based on the form I-130,

I didn't want to take any risk. 

So, I filled immediately the I-360 and went alone to the interview  with a copy of the sent i-360 and the USPS proof that the form was received by the Vermont service center. 

So, when I appeared on the interview day, as the officer was asking for the spouse, I immediately told her what happened and showed her those proofs. So, she went through my form I-485 if I  could correct some errors and then followed by the YES and NO questions only without anything relating to the form I-130. And then put my I-485 ON HOLD knowing well fully that the I-360 was just at its initial stage, for I asked her to do so. 

My advice is to go alone to the interview with something to prove your spouse's absence and let the officer to know that something has been sent or about to be send to Vermont relating with a form I-360 (vawa). 

thanks for the advice, I spoke with my attorney today but he doesn't want me to go, said the case is going to be denied anyway since she(wife) won't be there. what do you think .

1 minute ago, Samuel89 said:

thanks for the advice, I spoke with my attorney today but he doesn't want me to go, said the case is going to be denied anyway since she(wife) won't be there. what do you think .

Are you gonna file new i-485? 

If yes would you pay for it? 

Why not hold the one you have already pending.

10 minutes ago, Samuel89 said:

yes, am filling I-485 and am paying for it 

if you have your VAWA receipt then you can send to your field office to hold your i-485.

or if you do not have VAWA receipt then go to interview let the officer know you will file VAWA or filled VAWA.

If they hold your i-485 then you do not have to file new -485 and pay for it. It would save you $1225.00

36 minutes ago, Samuel89 said:

You're going to the interview because you want your form I-485 to be PUT ON HOLD. 

With this, you will be renewing your EAD/AP/ CO9 category as long that i-485 is pending. 

Yes of course, your form I-130 will be denied as mine, but you will save your form I-485. 

If the two are denied (forms i-130and i-485), then you have to start a new process with a new form I-485 including fee. So you will be paying this fee for the second time. 

Many of us on this forum has gone through the same process. Some have also been misled by some lawyers( not all).

But up to you....

You alone know what is best for you. 

24 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

You're going to the interview because you want your form I-485 to be PUT ON HOLD. 

With this, you will be renewing your EAD/AP/ CO9 category as long that i-485 is pending. 

Yes of course, your form I-130 will be denied as mine, but you will save your form I-485. 

If the two are denied (forms i-130and i-485), then you have to start a new process with a new form I-485 including fee. So you will be paying this fee for the second time. 

Many of us on this forum has gone through the same process. Some have also been misled by some lawyers( not all).

But up to you....

You alone know what is best for you. 

Appreciate your help 🙏

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

if you have your VAWA receipt then you can send to your field office to hold your i-485.

or if you do not have VAWA receipt then go to interview let the officer know you will file VAWA or filled VAWA.

If they hold your i-485 then you do not have to file new -485 and pay for it. It would save you $1225.00

Appreciate you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.