2,964 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, lonelyheartclub said:

USCIS stated back in September I think, that anyone who’s medical was submitted Before covid would not expire after the two years because of covid delays. So instead of the medical being valid for two years it is now valid for 4 years. Depending on when it was signed. 
then they stated that you would need the covid vaccine on October 1st. So now I’m not sure if my medical is valid. 
It seems regardless of what they published people are still being asked to submit a new medical which would mean you would need the covid vaccine. 

I would advise you to do medicals because they asked me for medicals and my medicals were still valid.

45 minutes ago, vawa2018 said:

I would advise you to do medicals because they asked me for medicals and my medicals were still valid.

Ok thank you! 💫

Hi Vj Family,

I hope everyone one is doing ok, these are hard times and we must put in our best to stay strong for this journey. 

please is there anyone who had EAD approved from April 2021? Please I would like to know because I have applied since April and nothing yet, just recipes. Am lucky my job did not ask me for EAD. It’s been expired since April and my extension is expired since October. 
also is there any1 who has used prima facie to get student loan for private nursing school? Please I would like to know if this is possible. 

God bless everyone.

Edited by Bshine

15 hours ago, lonelyheartclub said:

Hi everyone, 

Has anyone applied for an exemption to the covid 19 vaccine for their medical exam with medical or religious reasons ? 

Thank you 

If you want to be exempt from the Covid-19 Vaccine Please consider this  is another layer of process, you must submit a Waiver I-601 based on religious beliefs or moral convictions, along with I-693 form and this waiver is at the discretion of the officer to granted, your I-485 will not be process until the I-601 waiver exemption is granted. If it is denied your case will be denied for medical inadmissibility.  I have not seen no one who have gone this road yet, but if you do please keep us posted. 

Edited by FeDaniela

1 hour ago, lonelyheartclub said:

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/uscis-temporarily-extending-validity-period-of-form-i-693

looks like you need to have received a decision on your I-485 before September 30th 

Very very helpful, thank you. I did not get a decision other than that it’s not moved from original case to VAWA. 

6 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Very very helpful, thank you. I did not get a decision other than that it’s not moved from original case to VAWA. 

You might get in fact an RFE to submit the updated  I-693 form since it was updated to include the Covid-19 vaccination, USCIS is recently asking I know 3 persons which they submitted I-693 before October 1, 2021 and they Requested again or to submitted Vaccination record. I recommend if your received an RFE to resubmitted again 

I live in NJ and I have a firearm purchase permit issued by my local pd. ( I’m a hunter )

when I went to purchase a rifle the state police denied because of immigration status. 
the gun shop said that maybe because my EAD was expired even if I have the extension letter which he couldn’t understand that was making me legal.

I lost 20% to return policy..

now I’m getting my new valid ead, should I be ok? Or it’s because I’m not a permanent resident ? 

19 minutes ago, Nomadboy said:

I live in NJ and I have a firearm purchase permit issued by my local pd. ( I’m a hunter )

when I went to purchase a rifle the state police denied because of immigration status. 
the gun shop said that maybe because my EAD was expired even if I have the extension letter which he couldn’t understand that was making me legal.

now I’m getting my new valid ead, should I be ok? Or it’s because I’m not a permanent resident ? 

Any documents must be valid by the state in order to be use, even thought you had EAD extensions (which is use to work) the actual physical card was expired. Even some DMV like in NYC are not accepting extension letter to extend your Driver license just giving you an example. So now that you EAD is update I think you should have no problem, but  this is also determine by the state police policy and firearm laws. 

12 hours ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

Its been a while since i was here, im a 2018 October filler and still nothing happened...crickets

Lawyer saying need to wait... paid twice for a work permit application due to her saying that some rules changed and 2 years so far and nothing, all i hear is that need to wait and if she will have news for me she will be the one reaching out to inform and pretty much not to bug her with this type of question. 

I asked the lawyer recently if we are doing everything possible to somehow maybe expedite or at least get a freaking answer it just cant be only silence for that long... lately thinking more and more of just call it a good 15 year journey in us and just move to a different country in europe and leave everything behind...

Anyone here in same situation like mine?

By the way congratulations to everyone on their applications!

@NiceGuyXLE I am in the same situation. I am waiting since November 2018. 

2 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Any documents must be valid by the state in order to be use, even thought you had EAD extensions (which is use to work) the actual physical card was expired. Even some DMV like in NYC are not accepting extension letter to extend your Driver license just giving you an example. So now that you EAD is update I think you should have no problem, but  this is also determine by the state police policy and firearm laws. 

Thanks @FeDaniela you’re amazing !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nomadboy said:

@Nomadboy let’s discuss simple DMV and EAD’s here, not firearms 😭

9 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

If you want to be exempt from the Covid-19 Vaccine Please consider this  is another layer of process, you must submit a Waiver I-601 based on religious beliefs or moral convictions, along with I-693 form and this waiver is at the discretion of the officer to granted, your I-485 will not be process until the I-601 waiver exemption is granted. If it is denied your case will be denied for medical inadmissibility.  I have not seen no one who have gone this road yet, but if you do please keep us posted. 

Thank you for the information FeDaniela, appreciate it 💫

On 12/3/2021 at 6:19 PM, FeDaniela said:

Will they simply denied the I-485  just because your waiver was not approved?

Will they not first, send to you a notice of intent to denied (NOD), stipulating the fact of medical admissibility due to Covid-19 vaccine?

By so doing, allowing you to correct the inadmissibility and got the vaccine !?

Let's those who have gone through this process say something. For as far as I know, waiver under religious basis of this covid vaccin is legal and under is the current law. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.