2,964 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Zzz___1 said:

Hi guys,

I just reviewed my submitted 485 form and realized that I did not mention my traffic ticket (simply forgot). I don’t want it to be considered willful misrepresentation as that’s not the case. Should I contact USCIS somehow and let them know that I made a mistake or should I simply wait for an interview and explain everything to the IO? 

@Demise @sandranjmay I kindly ask you to take a look at my comment and respond when you get a chance, please? 

If it was just a traffic ticket, you got a fine and paid it then it's not a factor. You only have to disclose those if there was alcohol or drugs involved.

You can send in an amended I-485 to VSC or whichever field office you have and whatever record of the ticket you have, or bring that to the interview if you're paranoid.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

1 minute ago, Demise said:

If it was just a traffic ticket, you got a fine and paid it then it's not a factor. You only have to disclose those if there was alcohol or drugs involved.

You can send in an amended I-485 to VSC or whichever field office you have and whatever record of the ticket you have, or bring that to the interview if you're paranoid.

Thank you for your response!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, Zzz___1 said:

Hi guys,

I just reviewed my submitted 485 form and realized that I did not mention my traffic ticket (simply forgot). I don’t want it to be considered willful misrepresentation as that’s not the case. Should I contact USCIS somehow and let them know that I made a mistake or should I simply wait for an interview and explain everything to the IO? 

@Demise @sandranjmay I kindly ask you to take a look at my comment and respond when you get a chance, please? 

You don't have to mention traffic ticket ok.

Timeline
5 hours ago, NB West said:

Good day everyone, I’ve just submitted my vawa application and would like to get some more information. 
1. What do I do if my spouse withdraw form I-864  before the approval of my case.

2. My I-485 was placed in abeyance but now that I sent a letter for my I-485 to be reopened along side my Vawa application can I expect to get my EAD from my C09 application? 

Thanks

1-USCIS will deny the AOS and you just need to refile again.

2-Yes

Timeline
13 hours ago, hazel.60 said:

Thank you Sandra! I need to gain that confidence to be able to say it :) be preparing for the interview

But I am scared it would cause more problems; Personally, would you recommend to bring a lawyer to the interview, or is it unnecessary?

If you don't have a criminal record I don't see a reason to bring an attorney with you, but it's up to you.Good luck.

Timeline
On 10/29/2021 at 5:58 PM, Karman said:

Hello All,

I have EAD which I received on July 2021 with advance parole. I got this EAD because my spouse applied I-130 and I-485. I also applied for I-360 plus I-485 in June 2021 but I haven't received EAD and advance parole for this I-485. 

If I leave the country with I-130+I-485 advance parole will my I-360+I-485 be abandoned because I haven't used respective advance parole for traveling ? 

Yes they will consider that your abandoned you  I-485 if you leave the Country using the AP regarding your first I-485. DON'T travel without advance parole. Why did you file a new I-485 if you have one pending? it doesn't make sense at all.

@sandranj I have approved VAWA; USCIS approved my C09 EAD extension and I just got the receipt for C31 extension. My case was approved in November last year and sent to Chicago field office I guess. A couple days ago I received case status update "correspondence was received"  but the only thing I sent them after approval was my address change in June. I contacted congressman and USCIS didn't tell him anything specific. Did you ever experience something like this in your previous cases?  

Timeline
On 10/28/2021 at 12:14 AM, NB West said:

Good day everyone, I’m new tho the thread and would need some information. 

I request that my form I-485 be place in abeyance because I’m about to file/send a Vawa application. Initial i concurrently filled form i-485, 765 & 131. My form I-131 got approved last month while my EAD is still showing case being actively reviewed. I’ve just received a letter from USCIS stating my form I-485 is now placed on administrative closure as I’ve requested. Is it possible for me to still get my EAD before I file my Vawa or before my vawa is approved ? 
Thanks 

To put a case  placed on administrative closure is not the same  thing of asking  to put on hold your AOS. To put on hold you can file form I-765, but if the case is administrative closed you can't file form I-765. The administrative closure is used to  temporarily pause removal proceedings, it means USCIS doesn't have jurisdiction over your I-485. Are you in removal proceedings?

Just now, TBoneTX said:

We interrupt this VAWA thread with an important announcement:

October 31 was sandranj's 16th anniversary on VisaJourney.

We've been blessed for that long!  :dance: 

Happy Anniversary @sandranj

8 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

We interrupt this VAWA thread with an important announcement:

October 31 was sandranj's 16th anniversary on VisaJourney.

We've been blessed for that long!  :dance: 

Happy 16th anniversary @sandranj thank you for making time for us. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 10/30/2021 at 5:25 PM, Demise said:

Yes, your I-485 was transferred over to the I-360 and remains pending. Your eligibility for a C09 EAD is based on pending I-485. So yes, you can renew it.

Please can you send me the address i must send the application please

7 minutes ago, Jacob lodia said:

Please can you send me the address i must send the application please

USCIS Vermont Service Center
38 River Road
Essex Junction, VT 05479-0001

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, sandranj said:

1-USCIS will deny the AOS and you just need to refile again.

2-Yes

Thanks for the information. Not to be an ### hole but I’m just trying to get myself prepared for the future. One last question if the worst happens, my spouse withdrew form I-864 and I already have my C09 EAD card, will that automatically revoke my EAD card ? If i filled a new I-765 & 131 along side my Vawa so should I be expecting a new EAD & AP card if that ever happens? 
Do I also need to pay for the new form I-485 ?

Edited by NB West

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.