2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, StanSmith said:

I do have lawyer she didn’t know about this email last time. As I said last time I got this email week before they scheduled my interview…so weird…

I did wait actually…go an email like 4 hours ago

Wait a bit more I suppose. 

forward this to your lawyer, let them do their job. 

I tell my lawyer EVERYTHING, forward all e-mails from USCIS to him and the paralegal. 

1 hour ago, StanSmith said:

Hi guys! Hope y’all doing well. 

3 days ago I went for my i485 interview 

on day 1 my case changed to “must be reviewed “

day 2 changed to “fingerprints bla bla”

and today I got this email but nothing has changed on my online thing🥲🥲🥲🥲any ideas what it can be???

494235E2-FD81-4C76-8534-2C1C28554441.png

This means that an action has been taken on your case. 

You can login into your uscis online account to know exactly what action has been taken. 

Sometimes it goes with an email sent to you. 

But on thing I know is that a letter or a notice will follow this update 

Edited by Rhema1

2 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

This means that an action has been taken on your case. 

You can login into your uscis online account to know exactly what action has been taken. 

Sometimes it goes with an email sent to you. 

But on thing I know is that a letter or a notice will follow this update 

I did login but same I don’t have any updates there

7 minutes ago, StanSmith said:

I did login but same I don’t have any updates there

Just wait you will get something. 

Whether another update saying another thing or new card in production. 

That update is never there for nothing. 

and today I got this email but nothing has changed on my online thing🥲🥲🥲🥲any ideas what it can be???

It means you have an myonline USCIS account as well as 

It means you have myonline USCIS account as well as case status account.

The case status account gives you real time info, whilst the myonline USCIS account has a day lag time.

I found this out as it happened to me and I got extremely confused. But was able to solve the puzzle cos both accounts are under two separate emails.

So if you check, the second alert is only telling you info you already know from the first alert

Hi 

how long does it take for the i360 status to change from card picked up by USPS to “approved”? 

the card is already out for delivery near my attorneys office. But my status has not changed to “approved” 

16 minutes ago, Makanaki said:

It means you have an myonline USCIS account as well as 

It means you have myonline USCIS account as well as case status account.

The case status account gives you real time info, whilst the myonline USCIS account has a day lag time.

I found this out as it happened to me and I got extremely confused. But was able to solve the puzzle cos both accounts are under two separate emails.

So if you check, the second alert is only telling you info you already know from the first alert

I did try to check bot 0 updates since “Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken” 

Filed: Other Timeline
14 minutes ago, J2020 said:

Hi 

how long does it take for the i360 status to change from card picked up by USPS to “approved”? 

the card is already out for delivery near my attorneys office. But my status has not changed to “approved” 

It’s does not always do so. As long as you get the card and approval notice physically, no worries 

15 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

It’s does not always do so. As long as you get the card and approval notice physically, no worries 

Yeah that's true. 

Most people on this thread reported having their approvals notices after several weeks or even months. 

Most of the time without any approval update on their online case status. 

Edited by Rhema1

On 3/7/2022 at 3:10 PM, balo101 said:

Technically you should get your receipts in 3 to 4 weeks. However, Lately there is delay with USCIS and they are taking 2 to 3 months to send the receipts. 

Last year i got my receipts after 70 days and that too with the help of congress person. 

Thanks for the response Balo! What I’m worried for is at least if they put my case in the system. My check has not been cashed yet so I’m wondering about it. When you got receipts after 70 days, was the PD the date when you sent the application or was it after 70 days date? I hope you got my question. 

26 minutes ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Thanks for the response Balo! What I’m worried for is at least if they put my case in the system. My check has not been cashed yet so I’m wondering about it. When you got receipts after 70 days, was the PD the date when you sent the application or was it after 70 days date? I hope you got my question. 

The PD is usually the date they received your files. 

Because they know exactly the date your file was delivered and received in their lockbox even if they take some weeks before registering and issuing receipts notices. 

Edited by Rhema1

8 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

The PD is usually the date they received your files. 

Because they know exactly the date your file was delivered and received in their lockbox even if they take some weeks before registering and issuing receipts notices. 

Thank you for the response. I’m glad at least my PD will be when they received my application regardless they still not cashing my check. I wish they do quickly so that I can be mentally assured that okay someone did touch my file. 

38 minutes ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Yes as @Rhema1 said.

Receipt will have dates of when actually they received the files. 

Thank you guys for the swift response.

I have a question, since now I have my work permit, can I use to work a remote job while being abroad waiting for my adjustment of status through consular processing?

I wonder if I can use my work permit for a remote job till I enter the States hopefully by winter or spring 

Edited by J2020

27 minutes ago, J2020 said:

Thank you guys for the swift response.

I have a question, since now I have my work permit, can I use to work a remote job while being abroad waiting for my adjustment of status through consular processing?

I wonder if I can use my work permit for a remote job till I enter the States hopefully by winter or spring 

Please,

I really understand you. 

But the working permit is to allow you working in the USA. 

I guess you are not a permanent resident yet neither a USA citizen. 

So, if you want to work in the USA while residing in your country, I bet you, USCiS is smarter than you!

I don't think you can be going though the consular processing while working in the USA. 

That is only my point of view, but those more experimented like @Stillwinning!!!😊  @sandranj  @TBoneTX and others will give their insights

Edited by Rhema1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.