2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
19 hours ago, teejay90 said:

Hello,

My i485 interview has been scheduled for March 1st and I need advise on what kind of questions to expect.

Thanks in advance. 

Mostly questions about your life after you left your spouse. So questions like do you work, where you work, do you have kids, are you married, did you divorce your ex, if not, why not, have you traveled outside US, where you live, who do you live with.

Also, they may ask the same question over and over in many different ways.

For example, 1.have you traveled outside US,

2. when is the last time you saw your parents/kids

3.Have you vacationed in Mexico

4.have you been to the other side of niagra fall

5. have you driven into Canada by mistake.

The questions will be thrown in at different times. 

Nothing to worry about they are just try to establish that you have not done anything that will disqualify you. 

Filed: Timeline
19 hours ago, teejay90 said:

Hello,

My i485 interview has been scheduled for March 1st and I need advise on what kind of questions to expect.

Thanks in advance. 

By the way, I was only ask for ID, passport and work permit, nothing else. Even though that is likely make sure to carry everything they asked for.

3 hours ago, Evasn said:

They usually ask those security questions from i485 , just review them

Could you please share your timeline and local office , thank you 

Thanks. 

I applied October 2018 and got RFE April 2020. VAWA was approved April 2021 and now i485 interview March 2022

18 minutes ago, Restez Forts said:

By the way, I was only ask for ID, passport and work permit, nothing else. Even though that is likely make sure to carry everything they asked for.

Thanks a lot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Liam T said:

Do you believe that @@

Please repost the image after masking the person's name.  Thanks!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Varna said:

Thank you, is there a particular format or content this letter should be of? Should I expedite this through congressmen or just place an expedite request on USCIS?

Your COngressman cannot expedite any of your cases.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 hours ago, Jennah22 said:

I need  some advice, so worried. Hello everyone I have a question I’m a vawa self petition,  my problem is I paid  A consultant to help me file form I-360, 485, 131 and 765 all together in 2017,My vawa approved in 2020, however the problem is, my 485 the person I paid to do it didn’t do what suppose to be done, but I’m not certainly sure what she did with my form I-485,  I contacted congress person to find out the status of my case, and I got a reply from uscis that I have to file a new form 485 because of the filing fee which was bounce in 2017, but I got a I-485 receipt notice. I wonder what’s really happen looks like she didn’t pay the filing fee and I didn’t know!!!!!!! and here I am waiting almost 5 years now for an interview and finally herd from congressional of what happened with my case….My question is if I go now an file another I-485 how long this will take for me to get an interview and is their any-evidence I have to send along with the 485 paperwork’s. Do I have to file back another I-131 and i765? I tried to send a massage @sandranj please I tried to inbox you but I think York mailbox is full, at least I know for fact she knows best, please it’s been 5 yrs and over and look what happen now @sandranj

You can refile your I-485,I-693,  I-131, and I-765 with a fee waiver or pay the fee.  It will not take long to process your I-485 because your VAWA was already approved.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
5 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

You can refile your I-485,I-693,  I-131, and I-765 with a fee waiver or pay the fee.  It will not take long to process your I-485 because your VAWA was already approved.  

Ok thanks for the advice, I was so worried and thinking what to do now since all this happened, this is the reply I got from uscis through congress person.

EEB4EBF4-DC93-4CEE-99A2-6515168BEEBB.jpeg

Hello everyone, currently I am living out of the US. I have filled Vawa case in Nov 2021 and I got PF in Feb 2022. I have some questions, highly appreciated if someone can shortly lighten them. 
-While I am waiting the case determination, can I apply B2 visa?

-How accurate is processing times, cause for last 3 months its almost showing same dates? 
-Cause of I am living abroad, I am subject to consular processing, can anyone please tell me the case determination timeline? (Just i-360 not i-485)

-Any possible benefit of PF in abroad while waiting to determination? 

Thank you everyone, may GOD BLESS you and hope quick processing times all! 

1 hour ago, Chuck13 said:

Hello everyone, currently I am living out of the US. I have filled Vawa case in Nov 2021 and I got PF in Feb 2022. I have some questions, highly appreciated if someone can shortly lighten them. 
-While I am waiting the case determination, can I apply B2 visa?

-How accurate is processing times, cause for last 3 months its almost showing same dates? 
-Cause of I am living abroad, I am subject to consular processing, can anyone please tell me the case determination timeline? (Just i-360 not i-485)

-Any possible benefit of PF in abroad while waiting to determination? 

Thank you everyone, may GOD BLESS you and hope quick processing times all! 

Can they issued a B2 Visa to a US citizen spouse?

An immigration case under vawa is still under review without any approval yet. 

I think they may deny, because there is behind your visa request an immigration intend. 

What is the proof that you are not just using this in order to enter USA and then submit a form I-485?.

I really doubt for them giving you a B2 visa while you're still ongoing a vawa consular processing to enter USA. 

In case, you have a lot of evidences convincing them of continuing your vawa process while being in the USA because your abuser is also in that foreign country or you are not safe there, why not !?

For the rest, I doubt!

Those more experimented in that domain will give you their insights. 

I gave my 2 week notice on Tuesday :( since I didn’t get my EAD renewed I have to quit on March 1st. This is so upsetting. The senator is so delayed too. Have been talking to her since December but all they do is keep sending me forms I have already filled out. I applied for renewal early May 2021. I just hope that my company will honor any bonus I had for 2021. I was very underpaid hoping that it will be compensated through the bonus. But it’s paid out after my expiration :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.