2,964 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 2020filer said:

I’m just curious if anyone has ever tried to go to Vermont and have an appointment there about their EADs? 

Why don't you write them instead. I did sent a mail to vermont two days back but no update as of yet. Fingers crossed

2 hours ago, 2020filer said:

I’m just curious if anyone has ever tried to go to Vermont and have an appointment there about their EADs? 

But why?

On 1/12/2022 at 9:16 AM, Ozy7 said:

Hi I opened my vawa case December 10 2020. My green card application was pending and me and my ex American wife was on the process for the divorce. Before my 2 year green card interview we got divorced. My lawyer was able to go to USCIS and asked them if you could hold my case because we were going to apply for vawa and USCIS told her that they will honor it. So far, I’ve got prima facie and my c09 work authorization card which is valid for 2 years. I just wanna get some feedback:(. Do you guys think, everything is going well so far? And how long would it take them to accept my case? And after approval since they told me to hold my green card application, will it still take another year to get an interview? Thank you guys!! I hope we will get our cards soon!!:(

You can still file ROC even when divorced. Did you try that? Pls share timeline to get better replies

Hello everyone. 
so I finally got my EAD card today. My lawyer mentioned that they sent me 2 cards instead of 1. 
which is kind of weird. The C31 is valid for 1 year. 

Anyone knows how long it will take for me to get approval notice for I -360, so I can go on and file for I-485 and a combo card?  Or can I file while the approval for I-360 is pending ? 

I appreciate your response. 

29 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

I sent 3 letters to Vermont months ago ( at different dates within 2 years)  and never received any response back. 

What is the motive of the letters? To get updates about your I-360 or to expedite EAD? I requested for expedition of my Ead

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, teejay90 said:

Thanks for the response. Do I sent the C09 application to Vermont or NBC

I would not advise applying for a C9, you run the risk of it getting denied because you already have the C31.  However, it is up to you.  ANY AND ALL Applications that we file have to be sent to Vermont only.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, shiva32 said:

Hi  @Demise   and other who have gone through this process, I am trying to figure out I485 processing steps. My I485 was filed in Feb 2020. They transferred my I485 to NBC in late 2020, for "faster processing." My I-360 VAWA was approved 11/22/21. How long should I wait for medicals RFE / Interview notice / I693 deficiency notice before I reach out to senator again? I have not received any I485 transfer notice to field office yet. Should I expect such a transfer notice to field office? And how do I calculate out of normal processing time? Using I485 processing time posted for my field office (St. Louis, Mo)?

I never received notice of transfer.  I only received letter about I will need to do another medical, and then 3 months later I had Interview letter.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

1 hour ago, Rosa Garcia said:

I sent 3 letters to Vermont months ago ( at different dates within 2 years)  and never received any response back. 

I did the same thing several times, no answer. 

Vermont will not often answer your queries but will surely do it if it's done by your congressperson. 

32 months still waiting 😭 May 2019 filer! Was forced to click on out of processing inquiry on the 7th of Jan. Yesterday I received a I693 deficiency letter on my daughters I485. If ya’all remember, I filed another I485 for my daughter when they insisted on not reopening her I485 after filing for Vawa even though they reopened mine. They also sent the I693 initially when we first filed it back on June 2021 but they wrote there not to do anything about it unless they tell us to or we get an interview. 

My question is, is this a good sign (even though it’s on my daughters I485 and not mine) or I should not hold my breath?

Also, we both did the medicals initially when my ex filed for us on the original I485 back in 2017, couldn’t they have reused that since they renewed her EAD without the medicals?

33 minutes ago, Makanaki said:

32 months still waiting 😭 May 2019 filer! Was forced to click on out of processing inquiry on the 7th of Jan. Yesterday I received a I693 deficiency letter on my daughters I485. If ya’all remember, I filed another I485 for my daughter when they insisted on not reopening her I485 after filing for Vawa even though they reopened mine. They also sent the I693 initially when we first filed it back on June 2021 but they wrote there not to do anything about it unless they tell us to or we get an interview. 

My question is, is this a good sign (even though it’s on my daughters I485 and not mine) or I should not hold my breath?

Also, we both did the medicals initially when my ex filed for us on the original I485 back in 2017, couldn’t they have reused that since they renewed her EAD without the medicals?

Sorry I meant RFE. I received an RFE and not I693 deficiency notice. The one in June 2021 was deficiency notice 

2 hours ago, Danyh said:

I have a question, my lawyer told me that with the travel document it is not recommended that I travel to another country other than mine, I really wanted to take a trip to Mexico, someone traveled to another country with the travel document, and how it was?

Tbh you shouldn’t risk it if it’s not worth it or not for something important. 

Hello everyone ! 
My lawyer received a letter FROM USCIS  for biometrics for my I-485 .. they are giving us short notice .. we received the letter today and the appointment is Tuesday January 18 ! 

now iam outside the united states i lost my passport and iam applying for anew one ! Iwill not be able to travel this week because i don’t have my passport and it's taking time to get the new one 

I was thinking to reschedule the appointment but unfortunately they are closed weekend and Monday too because of the holiday !  
what should we do in in this situation ! 

help me please ? 

9 hours ago, Danyh said:

I have a question, my lawyer told me that with the travel document it is not recommended that I travel to another country other than mine, I really wanted to take a trip to Mexico, someone traveled to another country with the travel document, and how it was?

I have seen people travelled to Canada with AP. I am planning to travel canada as well on AP. 

Is there a significant reason that your lawyer telling you not to travel?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.